No announcement yet.

Successful One Handed Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful One Handed Fighters

Some fighters, justly or not are given the tag of being one handed. It is usually not without some merit, I guess. Of course we know there is really no such thing, but we also know what is meant by the question.

By your own standards who were successful one handed fighters?

I would say De La Hoya and Frazier for sure. Cooney too.

Deontay Wilder (the right). Ali who really only consistently utilized the jab. Max Bauer (the right).
    Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Danny Williams. Screenshot_20240419_191743_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Jake Pea****

billeau2 billeau2 JAB5239 JAB5239 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Jake Pea****

Oh, my!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Jake Pea****

I'm a big fan of One Championship, and absolutely loved watching this kid fight. As someone who trains in Muay Thai it amazes me how well he has adapted and honed his skills with the handicap of only one arm. I don't know how far he can go, but I'll be rooting for him. Very inspirational.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I'm a big fan of One Championship, and absolutely loved watching this kid fight. As someone who trains in Muay Thai it amazes me how well he has adapted and honed his skills with the handicap of only one arm. I don't know how far he can go, but I'll be rooting for him. Very inspirational.
              The Django Reinhardt of MMA.
              JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post
                Some fighters, justly or not are given the tag of being one handed. It is usually not without some merit, I guess. Of course we know there is really no such thing, but we also know what is meant by the question.

By your own standards who were successful one handed fighters?

I would say De La Hoya and Frazier for sure. Cooney too.
                - - Frazier had a good right to the body that he ruined Ali with.

Tommy Louhgran did 95% of his work with a left jab after serious injury in his youth to his right.

Wlad dominated many fights with his left jab, hook off the jab, and pure left hooks.

Comment

Does David Tua belong in the club?

Comment

Pretty sure Tommy Gunn belongs on this list.

Maybe these guys had decent rights, for instance, but their weak hand was so overshadowed by their strong hand that we see them as one handed when their right was actually average instead of sub par.

I think Ryan Garcia can be added too.

Comment

Working...
                    X