Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact that Ali was complaining about how hard Rocky was hitting…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Fury was born premature. Thats why he's knock kneed and has low natural muscle mass.
    You don't think, it's because he was always meant to end up like that?

Whether he was born premature or not, the end result (how he would turn out as a fully grown man) is surely something, that was in his genetic makeup right from the start. Doesn't matter if he was a full-term baby, or born 3 month premature.

Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

• [QUOTE=them_apples;n32213609]
      Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Yeah, Ali wasnÃÂâÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂt a big baby, but he was long and grew up very fast. The book also states he was walking at 10 months and was very loud. I myself was 8 lbs on the dot.

theres also the chance that they got the weight wrong
      There's also the chance they got the weight wrong on all those you mentioned!
      Last edited by Ivich; 03-29-2024, 11:07 AM.
      them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

It started as a simple correlation between high birth weight resulting in strong heavyweights.

I am not sure what the argument is with these guys, they don't think there is any correlation I suppose. They also ignore the statistics on premature births effecting a Childs health down the line.

I listed birth weights and was pretty accurate about them, sourced 90% of them, even though this wasn't my point anyways.

Where this started was Bundana "Laughing out loud" at me saying Marciano was a 13 lb baby. I listed my sources. The closest argument was 12 lbs and 11 oz (which is basically 13 lbs).

Still haven't figured out what I am wrong about. Especially considering 2 books back up my claim.
        - - Average to high weights generally mean healthier childhoods absent any genetic defects, war, or pandemics, but it's no guarantee of adult size and never will be. The Ks parents had a normal sized dad, about 5-10 and petite mom about 5-1 and they are 6-6 and 6-7 collectively.

Lady bought the house next to me was very petite, especially standing next to her big galoot 6-5 son who towered over our 6' fencing.

I was 7+ lbs full term, my little bro born premie at about 4 lbs and was in the hospital ICU for 2-3 months, they didn't have neonatal units then. By the time I was 7 yrs old, he was as tall as me that thrilled my mom with other moms would ask if we were twins. He ended up a half foot taller in spite of the cruel start in life.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Average to high weights generally mean healthier childhoods absent any genetic defects, war, or pandemics, but it's no guarantee of adult size and never will be. The Ks parents had a normal sized dad, about 5-10 and petite mom about 5-1 and they are 6-6 and 6-7 collectively.

Lady bought the house next to me was very petite, especially standing next to her big galoot 6-5 son who towered over our 6' fencing.

I was 7+ lbs full term, my little bro born premie at about 4 lbs and was in the hospital ICU for 2-3 months, they didn't have neonatal units then. By the time I was 7 yrs old, he was as tall as me that thrilled my mom with other moms would ask if we were twins. He ended up a half foot taller in spite of the cruel start in life.
          .Three pounds of that would have been your tongue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bundana View Post

You don't think, it's because he was always meant to end up like that?

Whether he was born premature or not, the end result (how he would turn out as a fully grown man) is surely something, that was in his genetic makeup right from the start. Doesn't matter if he was a full-term baby, or born 3 month premature.

fury himself said he was a miracle. Look at his dad, his dad isnt built like a milkbag

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

the top part is totally possible because Genes can soan 4 gens. Their father may have been small, but tall genes were on one side. Some genes are stronger than others.

with Marciano, his mother said he got his strength from his father, who was incredibly strong and had the same hands as Rocky. His father was not a large man.

Comment

the top part is totally possible because Genes can soan 4 gens. Their father may have been small, but tall genes were on one side. Some genes are stronger than others.

with Marciano, his mother said he got his strength from his father, who was incredibly strong and had the same hands as Rocky. His father was not a large man.
                Marciano's Father was under 5'8" and less than 150lbs. Marciano did not have large hands.

Comment

fury himself said he was a miracle. Look at his dad, his dad isnt built like a milkbag
                  Maybe he needs to face reality. His mom was screwing around on his father.

I have this tiny little growth on my left ear, real small but there.

Both my kids have it in the exact same spot. I told my wife, 'see you're lucky I don't have to smack you around to find out the truth.'

Just kidding. . . . I don't need a reason to hit her.

P.S. No women posting here I hope?
                  them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Marciano's Father was under 5'8" and less than 150lbs. Marciano did not have large hands.
                    Once again, just google a picture of Marciano and patterson. He is holding pattersons fists like an apple. You can’t fake that. I also know I have read plenty of times people saying his hands were big. There was this interview on youtube it was one of Marcianos friends a famous actor (I forget his name). He was joking about Marcianos build. He said something like first you look at him and think he’s small, then you see how big his hands were, its almost comical. He also said Marcianos arms were very short. Wish I could find it

Comment

Once again, just google a picture of Marciano and patterson. He is holding pattersons fists like an apple. You canât fake that. I also know I have read plenty of times people saying his hands were big. There was this interview on youtube it was one of Marcianos friends a famous actor (I forget his name). He was joking about Marcianos build. He said something like first you look at him and think heâs small, then you see how big his hands were, its almost comical. He also said Marcianos arms were very short. Wish I could find it
                      From tale of tapes.
                      Marciano's fists were 11 1/4" . Ray Leonards' 11"
                      Ali's were 13 "
                      L Spinks' 11 1/2"
                      Foreman 12 1/2"
                      Norton13"
                      Lewis'12"
                      Tyson12"
                      Walcott 12"
                      Charles' 12 "
                      BattlingNelson BattlingNelson likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X