Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact that Ali was complaining about how hard Rocky was hitting…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

They took growth horemone?

turns out I can back it up: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20376730

just look up the symptoms of premature birth. Metalbolic issues arise which would make sense they often are skinny fat with low blood pressure.

we arenÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂâÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂà  ÃÂt talking about weight. We are talking about build. The example I used was Tyson fury and he was premature but ended up being heavy. He never ended up being robust and strong though. ANYONE can get heavy. Just EAT.

are your sons strong and robust in build? I am basing it off my own observation yes - and premature babies were usually all skinny fat. Carrying a lot of chub but no muscle and small bone size. Also poor eyesight.

once again being heavier doesnÃÂÃÂÃÂâÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂt suddenly make you stronger. Thats why boxers lose weight.
    - - Learn how to use the quote system or you'll be as whacko as Vitch, ie you didn't say this, I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - My oldest son was born 3 weeks premature @6 lbs. The youngest was born 6 weeks premature at 4lbs.

I kept a growth chart for both running together per age, and up until age 13 there was no difference, but when the growth hormones kicked in, the youngest ended up at 6-2, a natural Hvy, and the oldest at 5-9, a natural Middle in spite of having a better head start at birth.

You make these claims as truth, when in fact they are part of your belief system that you're incapable of testing...just sayin'...

Now that we got that straight, oldest has 20/10 Ted Williams eyesight and youngest standard 20/20 eyesight and both were very athletic and active as kids and still are as adults not to mention being intelligent with the oldest something of a savant..

You ain't qualified to interpret anything by the Mayo Clinic as you prove daily.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Learn how to use the quote system or you'll be as whacko as Vitch, ie you didn't say this, I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - My oldest son was born 3 weeks premature @6 lbs. The youngest was born 6 weeks premature at 4lbs.

I kept a growth chart for both running together per age, and up until age 13 there was no difference, but when the growth hormones kicked in, the youngest ended up at 6-2, a natural Hvy, and the oldest at 5-9, a natural Middle in spite of having a better head start at birth.

You make these claims as truth, when in fact they are part of your belief system that you're incapable of testing...just sayin'...

Now that we got that straight, oldest has 20/10 Ted Williams eyesight and youngest standard 20/20 eyesight and both were very athletic and active as kids and still are as adults not to mention being intelligent with the oldest something of a savant..

You ain't qualified to interpret anything by the Mayo Clinic as you prove daily.
      Well they are your kids so thats the response I would expect. Not saying you are lying, but well never know. It doesn’t matter anyways, it doesn’t apply to everyone. But look up premature birth side effects and you will see I have a point to make.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32211893]

Which books on
        Dempsey
        Louis
        Johnson
        Liston
        Holmes
        Lewis
        Holyfield
        Mention how much they weighed at birth?
        Foremans book, marcianos book, Alis book†¦. (Off the top of my head).

I believe Ali was 6.7 lbs if I recall correctly, although he apparently grew very fast and was walking at 10 months. Foreman and Marciano were both 13 (I was wrong about 14). Joe Louis was 11 lbs .Duran was 10 lbs. I can give your sources, the page and author. I won’t so this for everyone on that list though as I got better things to do.

the ones I listed I just dug up and found where I read it.

I know a lot more do as well, but I have to double check.
        Last edited by them_apples; 03-27-2024, 09:41 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=them_apples;n32213194]
          Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Foremans book, marcianos book, Alis bookÃÂÃÂÃÂâÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂæ. (Off the top of my head).

I believe Ali was 6.7 lbs if I recall correctly, although he apparently grew very fast and was walking at 10 months. Foreman and Marciano were both 13 (I was wrong about 14). Joe Louis was 11 lbs .Duran was 10 lbs. I can give your sources, the page and author. I wonâÂÂt so this for everyone on that list though as I got better things to do.

the ones I listed I just dug up and found where I read it.

I know a lot more do as well, but I have to double check.
          I've 5.6 books on Ali .Which one's state his birth weight?
          I have Foreman's book on my desk which page states his birth weight, because I can't find it?

Joe Louis's autobiography says,
          " I was a strong healthy boy weighed about 11lbs at birth."
          I have 3 books on Marciano ,only1 mentions a birth weight Mike Stanton's."Unbeaten" It has Marciano as 12lbs 11ounces,he gives no source for this and since you haven't replied to my request for a source from Cameron I assume,he doesn't either.
          I will add Cameron's 1 st volume on Marciano has been well received,just read the reviews on Amazon.
          Last edited by Ivich; 03-28-2024, 05:32 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32213339]

I've 5.6 books on Ali .Which one's state his birth weight?
            I have Foreman's book on my desk which page states his birth weight, because I can't find it?

Joe Louis's autobiography says,
            " I was a strong healthy boy weighed about 11lbs at birth."
            I have 3 books on Marciano ,only1 mentions a birth weight Mike Stanton's."Unbeaten" It has Marciano as 12lbs 11ounces,he gives no source for this and since you haven't replied to my request for a source from Cameron I assume,he doesn't either.
            I will add Cameron's 1 st volume on Marciano has been well received,just read the reviews on Amazon.
            Johnathan eig, for Alis book, second chapter. You look hard enough and its on google as well.

camerons book states 13 lbs. 2nd chapter. 12.11 oz listed is also quite close to 13, keep in mind Cameron did say 13 lns though, not 12

Foremans I thought it was his book God in my corner, you better not have missed it, but ill double check that one.

so that leaves just Foreman for me to source correct? All the others have been sourced

also, given they were born in and around great depression, getting a birth weight isn’t too hard. It should be documented at the hospital.
            Last edited by them_apples; 03-28-2024, 08:55 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=them_apples;n32213459]
              Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Johnathan eig, for Alis book, second chapter. You look hard enough and its on google as well.

camerons book states 13 lbs. 2nd chapter. 12.11 oz listed is also quite close to 13, keep in mind Cameron did say 13 lns though, not 12

Foremans I thought it was his book God in my corner, you better not have missed it, but ill double check that one.

so that leaves just Foreman for me to source correct? All the others have been sourced

also, given they were born in and around great depression, getting a birth weight isnâÂÂt too hard. It should be documented at the hospital.
              Eig says 6lbs 7 ounces.I weighed more than that ,and I was born in1948.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32213584]

Eig says 6lbs 7 ounces.I weighed more than that ,and I was born in1948.
                Yeah, Ali wasn’t a big baby, but he was long and grew up very fast. The book also states he was walking at 10 months and was very loud. I myself was 8 lbs on the dot.

theres also the chance that they got the weight wrong
                Last edited by them_apples; 03-28-2024, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I don't know my own kids birth weight. Lol

I guess most people say that when they announce that their child is born.

I don't remember ever actually knowing or caring. They came healthy, ten toes, ten fingers. I didn't think that was important, I guess. I really have no clue. I wonder if it's on the birth certificate ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                    I don't know my own kids birth weight. Lol

I guess most people say that when they announce that their child is born.

I don't remember ever actually knowing or caring. They came healthy, ten toes, ten fingers. I didn't think that was important, I guess. I really have no clue. I wonder if it's on the birth certificate ?????
                    It started as a simple correlation between high birth weight resulting in strong heavyweights.

I am not sure what the argument is with these guys, they don't think there is any correlation I suppose. They also ignore the statistics on premature births effecting a Childs health down the line.

I listed birth weights and was pretty accurate about them, sourced 90% of them, even though this wasn't my point anyways.

Where this started was Bundana "Laughing out loud" at me saying Marciano was a 13 lb baby. I listed my sources. The closest argument was 12 lbs and 11 oz (which is basically 13 lbs).

Still haven't figured out what I am wrong about. Especially considering 2 books back up my claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post

It started as a simple correlation between high birth weight resulting in strong heavyweights.

I am not sure what the argument is with these guys, they don't think there is any correlation I suppose. They also ignore the statistics on premature births effecting a Childs health down the line.

I listed birth weights and was pretty accurate about them, sourced 90% of them, even though this wasn't my point anyways.

Where this started was Bundana "Laughing out loud" at me saying Marciano was a 13 lb baby. I listed my sources. The closest argument was 12 lbs and 11 oz (which is basically 13 lbs).

Still haven't figured out what I am wrong about. Especially considering 2 books back up my claim.
                      OK - thanks for the overview reply.

I personally really have no clue.

I am not sure why it would matter though. Certainly the finished product (adult male) is all boxing is concerned with. Their big, their big. How they got there? Eh!

Comment

Working...
                      X