Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact that Ali was complaining about how hard Rocky was hitting…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post

Jeff Dabe has the world's largest wrists.
    12 in... and it's not even a myth, as we have it on video:
    (20+) Video | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

So this is your response to a post, where I comment on you saying: I wouldn't doubt if Carneras wrists are double the circumference of Furys.

What do you base this on - other than Fury being a knock kneed modern weakling? Have you seen any measurements, that back this up?

"Perceived bias"`? But isn't your sole purpose for being here, to denigrate modern boxers - who, in your opinion, are weak-chinned sissies, so utterly useless, that we can't even compare them to the old masters? Isn't this exactly, what you have been preaching here for years? Nothing "perceived" about it at all!
      I am here to show how much better old boxers were, to clear the delusion many hold that athletes just automatically get better with time for no reason. As you know I love boxing and spar as much as I can. And in my personal experience, I study these old guys and can see they were much better fighters than what we have today. Both mentally and physically. This is just the honest truth. I understand I speak a matter of factly and you may not like this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32210058]
        Originally posted by them_apples View Post

[B]That wouldnâÂÂtatter. There would always be heavy babies, even in 1300. Maybe not as many.

even in that sense we donât know, diets and lifestyles have changed millions of times - there could have been periods where birth weight increased. I wouldnât doubt babies from the 70s were on average heavier than 1903 babies, but its likely just fat from all the box calories and cheap food.

the standard of living it really only crawls forward. Like for example, the same people hungry without food in the 1920s may not have been hungry in 1977 - but the food they got in 77â was cheap garbage with very little nutrients.

I think mothers just eat more of that **** boxed food so the babies come out fat. I was a fat baby. I was 9 lbs, but I am not a big person. Marciano, Foreman etc these guys weren't fat babies they were big babies. Alis mother said the first thing she noticed about Ali was that he had big leg muscles. With Foreman the first thing his mother said apparently was , âwow, he bigâ

birth rate will go up, birth size is based on. Genetics. And genetics are a combination of breeding and lifestyle choices.

LET US NOW,FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT SAY THAT MARCIANO WAS 14LBS AT BIRTH

EXACTLY WHAT RELEVANCE HAS THAT TO DO WITH HIS BOXING CAREER?
        The relevance is, heavy babies are the babies that turn into the strongest heavyweights.

this is why I listed a few heavyweights birth weights.

some of them were even born with muscles as their mothers put it. I could promise you mike Tyson wasn’t a 7 lb baby.

Comment

[QUOTE=them_apples;n32211129]
          Originally posted by Ivich View Post

The relevance is, heavy babies are the babies that turn into the strongest heavyweights.

some of them were even born with muscles as their mothers put it. I could promise you mike Tyson wasnât a 7 lb baby.

You base this opinion on which set of statistics?

Comment

[QUOTE=them_apples;n32211129]

some of them were even born with muscles as their mothers put it. I could promise you mike Tyson wasnât a 7 lb baby.

- - My oldest son was born 3 weeks premature @6 lbs. The youngest was born 6 weeks premature at 4lbs.

I kept a growth chart for both running together per age, and up until age 13 there was no difference, but when the growth hormones kicked in, the youngest ended up at 6-2, a natural Hvy, and the oldest at 5-9, a natural Middle in spite of having a better head start at birth.

You make these claims as truth, when in fact they are part of your belief system that you're incapable of testing...just sayin'...

Comment

[QUOTE=QueensburyRules;n32211493]

- - My oldest son was born 3 weeks premature @6 lbs. The youngest was born 6 weeks premature at 4lbs.

I kept a growth chart for both running together per age, and up until age 13 there was no difference, but when the growth hormones kicked in, the youngest ended up at 6-2, a natural Hvy, and the oldest at 5-9, a natural Middle in spite of having a better head start at birth.

You make these claims as truth, when in fact they are part of your belief system that you're incapable of testing...just sayin'...
              Not my post Dummy!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32211342]

You base this opinion on which set of statistics?
                You don’t need statistics when you pick up a book on a great heavyweight champ usually the first chapter will mention the birth weight. And in this case, its always very high. Theres my stats right there.

Comment

They took growth horemone?

turns out I can back it up: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20376730

just look up the symptoms of premature birth. Metalbolic issues arise which would make sense they often are skinny fat with low blood pressure.

we arenâà‚€Â ™t talking about weight. We are talking about build. The example I used was Tyson fury and he was premature but ended up being heavy. He never ended up being robust and strong though. ANYONE can get heavy. Just EAT.

are your sons strong and robust in build? I am basing it off my own observation yes - and premature babies were usually all skinny fat. Carrying a lot of chub but no muscle and small bone size. Also poor eyesight.

once again being heavier doesnâ€ÂÂà ‚™t suddenly make you stronger. Thats why boxers lose weight.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 03-26-2024, 02:18 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=them_apples;n32211725]
                    You donât need statistics when you pick up a book on a great heavyweight champ usually the first chapter will mention the birth weight. And in this case, its always very high. Theres my stats right there.
                    Which books on
                    Dempsey
                    Louis
                    Johnson
                    Liston
                    Holmes
                    Lewis
                    Holyfield
                    Mention how much they weighed at birth?
                    Bundana Bundana likes this.

Comment

They say, (Who says? I don't know, the science guys say.) that the first born tends to be shorter than second and third born brothers and sisters, with the last born (the baby) often being the tallest.

They attribute this commonality to prenatal stress on the mother. Her body adjusts to being pregnant as it carries more babies.

This also shows up during delivery time, with the first born often causing hours of labor contractions, while second and third children slip right out.

Prenatal stress on the mother has a great impact on the child's growth.

Research on the morbid obese (Class III obesity) in Europe exposed a profound effect of prenatal stress.

During WWII northern Holand experienced what is commonly called the 'starving time.' It lasted from the failure of the Market-Garden operation (A Bridge Too Far) until the final surrender of Germany, several months later.

Unintentionally, they found that a disaportionate number of post-war children and post-war grand children who suffered from the disease (Class III Obesity) were in their mother's womb, in Holland, during this starving time.

The numbers were so drastically out of sync with the probable norm that it now has the science guys wondering, looking, trying understand how a starving mother-to-be can so drastically alter the DNA of her fetus.
                      Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 03-26-2024, 06:15 PM.
                      Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X