No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs George Foreman FULL FIGHT WRITE UP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Lennox was 6 years Vitali's senior and had fully cleaned up his era, including a stoppage of Klitschko. Klitschko fought bravely against an end of the road version of Lewis but came up short. Lewis owed Vitali nothing, and made the smart decision to retire.
    If Vitali Klitschko was going to become something great, he would have to do it in his own era; not Lewis's, nor Tyson's, or Ali's.

Vitali obviously did very well of course, feasting on many ranked opponents, albeit in what was most certainly the worst era in modern boxing history.

Indeed, while his younder brother did ALL the heavy lifting in terms of taking on the best, Vitali beat perhaps 2 or 3 opponents who might break into today's top 10 in his 47 fight career.
    you say klitschko's were in a very weak era. Did you know something true in the uk? Far from klitschko titles fights being pay per view like big heavyweight title fights they were live for free on channel 5 which is a channel hardly anyone watches. no one wanted to watch the klitschko fights. queeny would argue the reason was because wlad was so dominant he made it look easy but even so why were his fights so free. fury came along and then it was sky sports box office pay per view but some people missed fury vs wlad as we were so used to his fights been on obscure channel 5 with hardly a mention even on the news. if you look at how huge fury vs usek is now you can see how crappy some of those wlad fights were. like this one against leapai. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATpbMbljas
    Last edited by max baer; 03-28-2024, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So Byrd got back in the top 10 by beating 12-3 David Washington who lost 3 of his last 4 fights? Nope, not buying it. You ask for proof but provide nothing.

No, Bryd was in the top ten and on a 4 fight winning streak. Jefferson lost a fight prior to the Klitschko vs. Byrd match dropping out of the rankings.

Like I said you have zero proof that he wasn't . While I have proof that he was. ( Cliff's excellent article ),

And I think you should read this below for wiki

No. 10 Ranked Heavyweight, Chris Byrd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitali...vs._Chris_Byrd

Now I take it that is enough to squash your hopes on this topic.

If you wish to press on, where is your link that says he was not?

- Dr. Z​

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivich View Post

He any relation to KEROUAC?
        - - U any relation to CRACK?

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Naming beat poets whose names you cannot spell in an effort to impress, is the very definition of,

"hoist with your own petard".
          Last edited by Ivich; 03-28-2024, 01:52 PM.
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

No, Bryd was in the top ten and on a 4 fight winning streak. Jefferson lost a fight prior to the Klitschko vs. Byrd match dropping out of the rankings.

Like I said you have zero proof that he wasn't . While I have proof that he was. ( Cliff's excellent article ),

And I think you should read this below for wiki

No. 10 Ranked Heavyweight, Chris Byrd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitali...vs._Chris_Byrd

Now I take it that is enough to squash your hopes on this topic.

If you wish to press on, where is your link that says he was not?

- Dr. Z​
            RATINGS POLICY
            Results. This is the most objective criterion and takes precedence over all others.
            Performance. How a fighter performs in a victory or defeat can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings.
            Track record: A fighter’s accomplishments in the recent past can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings. That includes quality of opposition.

You have given no proof, as usual. Just your word.
            Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Naming beat poets whose name you cannot spell in an effort to impress, is the very definition of "hoist with your own petard".
              - - AI spell check errors abound the internet. When U gonna learn English, and what grade will that be?

Comment

- - AI spell check errors abound the internet. When U gonna learn English, and what grade will that be?
                No amount of evidence can persuade an Idiot" - Mark Twain.

I have A level in English.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

RATINGS POLICY
                  Results. This is the most objective criterion and takes precedence over all others.
                  Performance. How a fighter performs in a victory or defeat can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings.
                  Track record: A fighter’s accomplishments in the recent past can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings. That includes quality of opposition.

You have given no proof, as usual. Just your word.

I provided proof in the form of two links.

1 ) Cliff Rold's article which reference where Chris Byrd was a ranked when he fought VK.

2 ) Wiki

I think my memory of the rankings in this case is a bit better than yours.

You provided NOTHING.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

I provided proof in the form of two links.

1 ) Cliff Rold's article which reference where Chris Byrd was a ranked when he fought VK.

2 ) Wiki

I think my memory of the rankings in this case is a bit better than yours.

You provided NOTHING.
                    The first was a dead link, nothing there. Wiki? Really? Where was that, I don't recall it.
                    Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Geez put the bottle down.
                      Ivich Ivich JAB5239 JAB5239 like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X