Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao an all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He stops a faded,weight drained De La Hoya and a bumbling,clueless mauler in Ricky Hatton and somehow he is elevated to ATG status,ATG fighters consistently fight the best fighters at their respective divisions.

Pacquiao-Barrera 2 didn't mean a damn thing,Barrera had just lost Marquez and Pacquiao had already destroyed Barrera four years earlier when it actually mattered,Guzman besides Marquez was the best at 130 and he didn't fight him.

Campbell,Casamayor and who does Pacquiao choose? limited David Diaz who was fortunate enough to have recieved a decision over a washed up Erik Morales(the same Morales who two years earlier lost an almost landslide decision to Raheem)

Timothy Bradley is the best at 140 and not Ricky Hatton and anyone who is foolish to argue otherwise is a moron and a clown(have you met poet?)

I don't blame Pacquiao for fighting the likes of De La Hoya and Hatton as they were big fights that offered great money and great exposure,but there is absolutely no excuse for not fighting legitimate fighters along with these superfights

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    Poet, you are possibly the biggest loser I have ever met online. You're not even worth responding to anymore. Get a life.
    Poet,a loser? Surely you jest dunce? No forty year old wearing pedo glasses, reading poetry over youtube could possibly be a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Why were none of these so called slick fighters ever the best in their divisions once Pacquiao came to boxing prominence? You're trying to say Pac avoided them even though he took on the best, but make the excuse that Floyd has fought all styles even though he doesn't fight the best. Can you not see the double standard you're applying?
      Meanwhile Pretty Gay Floyd cherry picks fights against:

A. A past it Featherweight (Marquez)
      B. A no-skilled brawler, face-first brawler (Hatten, who I believe Manny's getting slammed for facing.....double standards?)
      C. A past it De La Hoya (who he, unlike Manny, ran from)

Poet

Comment

Why were none of these so called slick fighters ever the best in their divisions once Pacquiao came to boxing prominence? You're trying to say Pac avoided them even though he took on the best, but make the excuse that Floyd has fought all styles even though he doesn't fight the best. Can you not see the double standard you're applying?
        The only guy I can really feel that floyd should have fought at WW up to this point would be cotto and that fight not happening has more to do with politics and bull **** when I look at all the facts. I will say thats just me from the outside looking in and that its a possibility floyd just didn't want to fight him because he was intimidated but that doesn't really make since to me seeing as I see cotto's style and talent level as not being something floyd would have trouble with. Margarito? no because he was too busy losing to other fighters and now all the sudden he wants to go with the P4P over big money fights like DLH and Hatton just doesn't make since and P will is a middleweight that came down to the WW division to try to make a name for himself but couldn't get a fight with anybody worth it which to me means it's not floyd's responsibility to be the litmus test. I do think that he should not have retired early and was disappointed with that but now the guys back so we should judge him on what happens in the near future. So I think both Manny and Mayweather should be judged upon their resume's as they both have their shortcomings and only Mayweather is for the most part and that is where the double-standard lies. but that's how I feel.

Comment

All I see is you not understanding what I'm typing. Casa and Campbell were better than David Diaz, and still are. So much for Pac fighting the best LW.
          Why is it you wanted Pac to fight the best lightweight in his first fight there, but give Floyd passes? Im just curious.

Guzman was better than anyone Pac faced at SBW. So much for there to.
          And who faced the better fighters in that division, Pac or Guzman?

Already went over the Raheem issue, either it sunk in or it didn't. He was a SFW.

I could say the same back to you.

Hatton hasn't been the best at JWW for a while despite holding onto the title, and after Lamont Peterson pulls the upset I expect him to, the JWW will have another top slick fighter that Pacquiao won't fight.

Hatton was universally regarded as the best at 140, especially after beating Malignaggi. He never lost there till the Pacquiao fight.

As for Floyd, he fought the best at 130 and 135, wanted to fight the best at 140 but was ducked, and is about to fight the best at 147 now. But like I said before, this thread has nothing to do with Floyd.
          So why didn't he fight Casamoyer, Frietas, Stevie Johnson and others that are not coming immediately to mind?

And the thread has nothing to do with Floyd, but Im asking because you have st an obvious double standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmacpoper View Post
            He stops a faded,weight drained De La Hoya and a bumbling,clueless mauler in Ricky Hatton and somehow he is elevated to ATG status,ATG fighters consistently fight the best fighters at their respective divisions.

Pacquiao-Barrera 2 didn't mean a damn thing,Barrera had just lost Marquez and Pacquiao had already destroyed Barrera four years earlier when it actually mattered,Guzman besides Marquez was the best at 130 and he didn't fight him.

Campbell,Casamayor and who does Pacquiao choose? limited David Diaz who was fortunate enough to have recieved a decision over a washed up Erik Morales(the same Morales who two years earlier lost an almost landslide decision to Raheem)

Timothy Bradley is the best at 140 and not Ricky Hatton and anyone who is foolish to argue otherwise is a moron and a clown(have you met poet?)

I don't blame Pacquiao for fighting the likes of De La Hoya and Hatton as they were big fights that offered great money and great exposure,but there is absolutely no excuse for not fighting legitimate fighters along with these superfights

Poet,a loser? Surely you jest dunce? No forty year old wearing pedo glasses, reading poetry over youtube could possibly be a loser.
            You got banned again?

Comment

You should know SLABS,you along with a few others(who probably sit down while taking a piss) are the ones who reported me.

My comments in the mmGAY section probably didn't help either.Something is definately wrong with the world when you can't even support your own sport.Boxingscene has nothing to do with boxing,it obviously has ties with the mmGAY forum that is Sherdog.

Comment

I'd fact check your last response to me Jab. It's not lookin good. Otherwise I'll have to rip it apart when I get time later. ATM, I'm out. Peace.

Comment

I'd fact check your last response to me Jab. It's not lookin good. Otherwise I'll have to rip it apart when I get time later. ATM, I'm out. Peace.
                  I'd rather you rip it apart my friend. If Im wrong I will be big enough to admit it. If its arguable you know we'll keep arguing. Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmacpoper View Post
                    You should know SLABS,you along with a few others(who probably sit down while taking a piss) are the ones who reported me.

My comments in the mmGAY section probably didn't help either.Something is definately wrong with the world when you can't even support your own sport.Boxingscene has nothing to do with boxing,it obviously has ties with the mmGAY forum that is Sherdog.
                    Bwaaahhahhaaahaa!!! You little candy ass! Show proof that I reported you for ANYTHING or stop whining. Maybe its time you try a forum where they could appreciate your brand of rubbish.

Comment

Oh knows,poet has reported me and put me on ignore.Whatever will I do now that the forty year old loser who doesn't leave his house has reported me?

He even gave me red karma

"Your alt has been reported and you've been ignored by me again"

When was the last time you had *** Poet? And fantasies concerning nine year old girls most surely would not count.

Bwaaahhahhaaahaa!!! You little candy ass! Show proof that I reported you for ANYTHING or stop whining. Maybe its time you try a forum where they could appreciate your brand of rubbish.
                      A whiner accusing others of being a whiner? Oh dear,have you ever met my dear friend irony? you two would get along just great.

The fact that you have acted so defensive at the accusation gives a further solid argument to my accusation

Comment

Working...
                      X