No announcement yet.

Monzon in HD (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monzon in HD (video)

Good quality here, hes very elusive and quick but retains his street fighter qualities (hes rugged). He does high level stuff but cares nothing about looking cool while he does it. Often loading up recklessly and losing balance all the while slipping and rolling shots and landing tremendous counter punches and set ups. His shots look very hard, the way he throws - punching through the target every time.

This was Monzon's last fight. He was 35 by this time and past his prime. Great champion.

Comment

I believe Valdez was the toughest competition Monzon fought. Griffith and Napoles were true welterweights. Did Benvenuti and Valdez ever fight?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
        This was Monzon's last fight. He was 35 by this time and past his prime. Great champion.
        Fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          I believe Valdez was the toughest competition Monzon fought. Griffith and Napoles were true welterweights. Did Benvenuti and Valdez ever fight?
          Briscoe? Grififth was a middleweight champ,built like a tank, and the number 1 contender when he fought Monzon.
          mrbig1 mrbig1 billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Briscoe? Grififth was a middleweight champ,built like a tank, and the number 1 contender when he fought Monzon.
            Forgot about Briscoe. Griffith was a welterweight. Are we putting great stock now in a man's rating by crooked organizations?

Comment

Forgot about Briscoe. Griffith was a welterweight. Are we putting great stock now in a man's rating by crooked organizations?
              He was a pretty big strong welter though, and naturally grew into 160. He didn’t even look small at 160. I also didn’t see Monzon even beating him soundly, maybe a draw? I gotta rewatch.
              The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Griffith was middleweight champion TWICE and ranked number 1 byThe Ring when he challenged Monzon.
                Saying he was a welter weight is like saying Robinson was.WAS being the important word Benvenuti WAS once a light middle so WAS Antuofermo, Hearns WAS a welterweight,Duran WAS a light weight.
                Walker WAS a welterweight
                Cerdan WAS a welterweight
                Basilio WAS a welterweight
                JacksonWAS a light middle
                Valdez WAS a welterweight
                Cotto WAS a Jnr Welter
                Alvarez WAS a welterweight
                Fitzsimmons WAS a middleweight
                Langford WAS a lightweight
                Nobody calls them by those divisions!
                Your mistaken belief that Monzon's career is basically based on beating smaller men in untrue, jnnaccurate, easily disproved ,and is the reason you term Griffith a welterweight though he won the middleweight title twice had 40 fights in that division beating champions and ranked middles such as
                Briscoe
                Benvenuti
                Tiger x2
                Hayward
                Bogs
                Cohen
                Archer x2

Griffith campaigned in the Middleweight division for11 years!
                So no, don't go by corrupt organizations, go by a mans record ,go by who he beat!
                Last edited by Ivich; 06-20-2022, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Hmm... I guess Duran was a middleweight and you just prove it.

Comment

Hmm... I guess Duran was a middleweight and you just prove it.
                    He went 15 rds with Marvin Hagler for his title had about 38 fights at middle and supermiddle won the WBC middleweight title and was ranked no3 at middleweight in1988,no 4 in1989,and no 7 in1990 .
                    Durann fought as high as 176lbs, that would make him a pretty big lightweight!
                    Duran scaled 167 for his fight with Jimmy Batten in1982and had a further37 fights at middle or higher over the next11 years.

So I guess I did prove it!
                    Last edited by Ivich; 06-20-2022, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X