Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better career: James Toney, Andre Ward, or Shane Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched both fights again. Ward didn't win either fight legitimately. He flat lost the first fight and in the second cheated with a series of low blows in the last round culminating in a double low blow to end the fight.

I don't award legacy points for cheating. These guys belong in a poll for who cheated least. Toney did his with chemicals, Mosley did his with chemicals, AND weight bullying at lightweight.

Ward just fought dirty and ugly. He cheated the most often because that is the way he fought, but he cheated less egregiously. But it still makes Ward one of the few men ever to win or defend a championship in the highest level of contest with a low blow for victory, another being Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Wart was never a star anymore than Tub of Goo Toney.

Kov was willing to take short money he was so sure of beating him, but of course robbed twice in the regrettable officiating. That's where Wart made his money, ie off the back of Kov who was the all everything KO arteest.

Mosely a huge star.

Did y'all know Wart has a shoe collection in his closet that he used to brag about?
      Kov could have got the nod the first time, thought he clearly lost the second time.

Comment

Ward launched a pair of consecutive uppercuts to the testicles. It doesn't matter that he already had Kovalev beaten. He cheated anyway. The first time was not exactly a nod. Kovalev jabbed Son of God's face in for a clear victory, though not a slaughter.

Comment

I'd give a tie between Toney (Nunn, McCallum, Jirov, etc.) and Ward (Kovalev, Froch, Kessler, etc.), if it wasn't for some inconsistencies with Toney I'd give him the nod, but that's the problem with James.

Mosley a clear third, fun career up to De La Hoya win, after that good, but not noteworthy (Margarito comes to mind, but hard to evaluate).

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
            Ward.

Dominated his own weight class and beat Froch, Kessler and Abraham. He beat boogeyman of 175 lbs Kovalev. Retired as undefeated. Mosley and Toney have pathetic losses against lesser fighters.
            Low blows won the Kovalev fight for cheater Ward.

Comment

- - Gonna put it this way-

For all his flaws, SS was generally an exciting fighter mostly winning and extracting big purses.

Two Ton and Wart were men's room stinkers no different than that of the women's room stinkers who combined would fall well short of SS purse tally.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

Low blows won the Kovalev fight for cheater Ward.
                Not a fan of great bodywork I see? What next, not happy with Salido's win over Loma? Laurence Cole put in a masterclass of body work appreciation that night. Hats off to him. Nash out. ATG Boxing expert.

Comment

Body work, Nash? Keep proving you are the biggest halfwit on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X