No announcement yet.

IBHOF Greatest Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBHOF Greatest Class

The IBHOF inductions were this past weekend, the trilogy- due to covid saw three classes inducted at once. And while I know there are a lot of boxing historian hipsters who like to scoff at the IBHOF at being watered down and not up to their snuff, I still think its pretty cool.

Which got me thinking, outside of the first few classes (1990-'92) which saw a preponderance of inductees due to the HOF being new, what was the greatest single class in your opinion? I lean towards '07, but would love to hear other's thoughts.
    Last edited by DeeMoney; 06-13-2022, 09:29 PM.

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
    The IBHOF inductions were this past weekend, the trilogy- due to covid saw three classes inducted at once. And while I know there are a lot of boxing historian hipsters who like to scoff at the IBHOF at being watered down and not up to their snuff, I still think its pretty cool.

Which got me thinking, outside of the first few classes (1990-'92) which saw a preponderance of inductees due to the HOF being new, what was the greatest single class in your opinion? I lean towards '07, but would love to hear other's thoughts.
    I might actually lean to the 07 class myself.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

I might actually lean to the 07 class myself.
      - - Their main facility in a crumbling state, and any class featuring Poppy is gonna be historically dumbed down considerably.
      The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

I've been involved on varying levels with the Hall since it's Canastota inception. It's vital to boxing IMO. It honors the very best of the gentleman who shave years off their life perfecting a craft that was part of nearly every dominant culture in the history of civilization in pursuit of a clean contest that extends beyond a mere game, regulated only enough to accentuate the skill and athleticism of the combatants, whilst maintaining the upright position that civilized humans are bread to maintain, and removing the variables that can skew the results. It does have flaws, however. A number of the inductees, for example are questionable. Others have for too long been overlooked. Naturally, where decisions are based on consensus there will normally be decent. I would passionately encourage that anybody who watches Boxing and any combat sport who holds some RESPECT for the athletes drop your misgivings and Support the IBHOF. It's the best we've got. The biggest problem that boxing faces in it's marketing is disfunction and lack of unity. Institutions like the Hall of Fame serve to bring us together.

You are right that the early classes were loaded, playing catch up after the Old Ring/MSG hall closed up in 87'
        There were all fun. 1994 was a good party. 2014 was a fun year. So was 2007.
        If you ever have the chance, you can actually hang out and talk with these guys in a way you seldom can in Canton, Springfield or Cooperstown.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

It's harmless enough and provides fans with photo ops,and old fighters with a few minutes more in the limelight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
            It's harmless enough and provides fans with photo ops,and old fighters with a few minutes more in the limelight.
            This year's HOF was a zoo from what I saw. Long lines going around the corner for autographs and photos.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

This year's HOF was a zoo from what I saw. Long lines going around the corner for autographs and photos.
              - - You was there?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - You was there?
                I saw photos posted by people who went on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
                  I've been involved on varying levels with the Hall since it's Canastota inception. It's vital to boxing IMO. It honors the very best of the gentleman who shave years off their life perfecting a craft that was part of nearly every dominant culture in the history of civilization in pursuit of a clean contest that extends beyond a mere game, regulated only enough to accentuate the skill and athleticism of the combatants, whilst maintaining the upright position that civilized humans are bread to maintain, and removing the variables that can skew the results. It does have flaws, however. A number of the inductees, for example are questionable. Others have for too long been overlooked. Naturally, where decisions are based on consensus there will normally be decent. I would passionately encourage that anybody who watches Boxing and any combat sport who holds some RESPECT for the athletes drop your misgivings and Support the IBHOF. It's the best we've got. The biggest problem that boxing faces in it's marketing is disfunction and lack of unity. Institutions like the Hall of Fame serve to bring us together.

You are right that the early classes were loaded, playing catch up after the Old Ring/MSG hall closed up in 87'
                  There were all fun. 1994 was a good party. 2014 was a fun year. So was 2007.
                  If you ever have the chance, you can actually hang out and talk with these guys in a way you seldom can in Canton, Springfield or Cooperstown.
                  - - Marv the feared boogyman more beloved in retirement than his rivals a yearly regular at the HOF who equipped him with his personal Model A for their parade.
                  Hagler-vehicle-1024x768.jpg

Comment

2021 Nash out's induction into the Boxingscene Hall of Fame. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                    X