No announcement yet.

How Many Of These Does Canelo Beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Fans have been matching men who held the same title at different times in an effort to establish who was the better man ,since boxing started.The only thing illogical here is your stance on it. Or do you seriously think those named would be weighed on a different day to Canelo if they were matched against him? Pedantry!
    - - Fans filled wif Idolatry never specify ring and fight conditions that all fighters negotiate before fighting.

Was U born yesterday and fast tracked to today?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Fans filled wif Idolatry never specify ring and fight conditions that all fighters negotiate before fighting.

Was U born yesterday and fast tracked to today?
      Were is the word you were looking for. I was born in November 1948
      Fictional head to head matchups are the meat and drink of classic history boxing forums
      Do you think being an abusive **** compensates for your ignorance of the sport?
      Think I'd better put you back on ignore,at my age I can;t afford to waste time on cretins.
      Last edited by Ivich; 05-30-2022, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Were is the word you were looking for. I was born in November 1948
        Fictional head to head matchups are the meat and drink of classic history boxing forums
        Do you think being an abusive **** compensates for your ignorance of the sport?
        Think I'd better put you back on ignore,at my age I can;t afford to waste time on cretins.
        - - At U age U have to edit U ignore.

Canelo ring wt at 154 was 175 lb, much more than the old school middles U listed and hardly fair though he was only 21 or so.

Comment

Tiger was strong enough to keep Fullmer off of him.
          Not really talking about strength, rather quickness and reflexes. The Canelo who would be fighting at this weight was the younger version who was quick and countering, with great head movement and reflexes; thats what Tiger wouldn't be able to keep off of him.
          Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

Not really talking about strength, rather quickness and reflexes. The Canelo who would be fighting at this weight was the younger version who was quick and countering, with great head movement and reflexes; thats what Tiger wouldn't be able to keep off of him.
            I agree with DeeMoney on this.

Comment

Canelo loses to all of them once he gasses after a fee rounds and they, being professionals learn to capitalize on this. The weights nothing. If he can make the weight and put on 20lbs overnight then thats not real weight. Floyd smacked him around 15 lbs down no issues. What matters is the fighter

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                Canelo loses to all of them once he gasses after a fee rounds and they, being professionals learn to capitalize on this. The weights nothing. If he can make the weight and put on 20lbs overnight then thats not real weight. Floyd smacked him around 15 lbs down no issues. What matters is the fighter
                - - Castillo BTFO outta l'l floydy as did Maidana who sent him squallin' fer his crack daddy, and little Jesus Chavez sent him flying in terror as did the Filipino Dwarf trying to serve him sushi. Lets' not mention debutante McG popped him 111x and Logan BTFO him.

What matters is you Granny Apples can't make a pie that's edible.

Comment

I favor Griffith to beat him by decision. Griffith fought larger opponents--Tiger was a large MW, Monzon was also a large MW, who a well-past prime Griffith went 15 rounds with in a rematch. Griffith had elite level conditioning, and would come on stronger as the fight goes on, where Canelo typically has to pace himself in the championship rounds. Griffith knew how to use his jab, something Canelo struggles with.

Giardello was one of the most hyped fighters of his era. Mob connected and very inconsistent. Can't see him beating Canelo. Fullmer was tough and gritty but Canelo is a bad style match up for him. Tiger is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    I favor Griffith to beat him by decision. Griffith fought larger opponents--Tiger was a large MW, Monzon was also a large MW, who a well-past prime Griffith went 15 rounds with in a rematch. Griffith had elite level conditioning, and would come on stronger as the fight goes on, where Canelo typically has to pace himself in the championship rounds. Griffith knew how to use his jab, something Canelo struggles with.

Giardello was one of the most hyped fighters of his era. Mob connected and very inconsistent. Can't see him beating Canelo. Fullmer was tough and gritty but Canelo is a bad style match up for him. Tiger is a 50/50 fight.
                    Giardello was a genuine world class middle weight who lacked the dedication to be in shape consistently.
                    You don't beat Tiger twice.
                    Draw with Fullmer in his back yard.
                    Beat Vejar twice
                    Mims
                    Jones
                    Calhoun
                    Troy
                    Mueller
                    Hank
                    Rivero
                    Carter
                    Unless you are the real deal.

Comment

Giardello was a genuine world class middle weight who lacked the dedication to be in shape consistently.
                      You don't beat Tiger twice.
                      Draw with Fullmer in his back yard.
                      Beat Vejar twice
                      Mims
                      Jones
                      Calhoun
                      Troy
                      Mueller
                      Hank
                      Rivero
                      Carter
                      Unless you are the real deal.
                      He also lost to names such as Mace, Wouters, Rubicini, Dykes, Giambra, Langlois, Cotton, Tiger Jones who was a contender, Muller, to name a few. Like I said, he was inconsistent. I don't think he would have had the power or finesse to keep Canelo from closing the distance and catching him late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X