No announcement yet.

Louis reffing the Frazier v quarry 2 fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis reffing the Frazier v quarry 2 fight

Heres Joe Reffing the Frazier vs quarry 2 fight. Clearly hes the biggest man in the ring. Some how in his prime he was considered smaller though, but that pot belly makes him so much more formidable. He's probably around 240 here, right in line with modern heavies weight, although not as big and athletic as a guy like andy ruiz. If perhaps He was capable of eating as many cheesburgers as Ruiz he might have a fighting chance.

https://youtu.be/SH-CgNI4eQU

Heres this classic photo, with Willard beside Baer making him look like is child, its funny cause Louis looked small beside Baer, and Frazier and quarry look small beside Louis. whats even more baffling is the smallest boxer in this photo put dents in willards head.

Willard looks as though hes about a popcan taller than Carnera who is listed at 6 ft 5 (and a big 6 ft 5 thouroughbred) which means willard is about 6 ft 8. although over the years it keeps changing because they lied on his original measurements to make the dempsey fght look more competitive. He's officially listed at 6 ft 7 now, and years prior it was 6 ft 5, we all know that isn't true by looking at this photo.

Foreman, Louis and Archie here. Foreman is about Baers size by the looks of it.

so theres 2 reasons why people get deluded by weight categories. esp at HW with no limit they often carry weight they don't need. In the older days fighters trained for boxing, they didn't carry excess weight - they carried what they needed. They didn't over develope their thighs on a squat rack and do bench presses with creatine. no they conditioned what they used. Which makes perfect sense, but strength and conditioning coaches with degrees know nothing about boxing and will gas light old trainers with 100's of years of experience to draw from.

when people talk about fighters moving up now "properly" as an excuse to say look what we can do now, I got one answer for that : TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) thats pretty much answers that question. Fighters simply jack up on drugs now. now if you gave old timers TRT they would be literal murderers because they lived so hard and trained so tough they had copious amounts to begin with - but a good deal of Tysons acting up after prison I'm willin to bet was TEST therapy they were jabbing him with - someone who doesn't need anymore.

If you injected Marciano with test, a man they said had to just pick a barbell up to develop muscle - he would have been an absolute murderer - unstoppable - which he sort of was already.
    Last edited by them_apples; 04-14-2022, 02:48 PM.

Willard gains over Baer becuse of camera angle - look at how small Carnera looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
      Willard gains over Baer becuse of camera angle - look at how small Carnera looks.
      I mean im not photographer but as far as lenses go carnera and willard are at a similar distance and angle, and baer is close enough his arm is wrapped around willards. but yeah, angles are angles, he dwarfed dempsey more than Carnera did imo

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

I mean im not photographer but as far as lenses go carnera and willard are at a similar distance and angle, and baer is close enough his arm is wrapped around willards. but yeah, angles are angles, he dwarfed dempsey more than Carnera did imo
        Is the bald guy Jeffries ?

Who is the effeminate guy in the middle. He certainly doesn't look like a pug.

Comment

Is the bald guy Jeffries ?

Who is the effeminate guy in the middle. He certainly doesn't look like a pug.
          yeah you are right def jeffries

Comment

- - Big George 6-4, 225 first go round much bigger than Baer even when George was being dehydrated.

Yeah, Willard is massive in a big bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - - Big George 6-4, 225 first go round much bigger than Baer even when George was being dehydrated.

Yeah, Willard is massive in a big bunch.
              217-224 were his prime years. I think Baer was floating somewhere around 220? I didn't say baer was stronger than George, just roughly the same size, perhaps a bit shorter but not by much, I don't buy Baer as 6 ft 2 1/2, he looked a decent bit taller than Joe.

Comment

217-224 were his prime years. I think Baer was floating somewhere around 220? I didn't say baer was stronger than George, just roughly the same size, perhaps a bit shorter but not by much, I don't buy Baer as 6 ft 2 1/2, he looked a decent bit taller than Joe.
                - - Heights in street shoes not ever done for proper assessments in Doc office or ring. George weighed 230 in his last bout vs Young and obviously taller than Norton and Ali in the ring. Baer about Ali size in height and weight. Ya could look it up...

Comment

- - Primo 2nd biggest guy out there and still growing.

It's like his feets is twice the size of anyone else, and presumably his hands, and...see Big Hands vs little hands 2016 presidential primary and general election

Comment

Heres Joe Reffing the Frazier vs quarry 2 fight. Clearly hes the biggest man in the ring. Some how in his prime he was considered smaller though, but that pot belly makes him so much more formidable. He's probably around 240 here, right in line with modern heavies weight, although not as big and athletic as a guy like andy ruiz. If perhaps He was capable of eating as many cheesburgers as Ruiz he might have a fighting chance.

https://youtu.be/SH-CgNI4eQU

Heres this classic photo, with Willard beside Baer making him look like is child, its funny cause Louis looked small beside Baer, and Frazier and quarry look small beside Louis. whats even more baffling is the smallest boxer in this photo put dents in willards head.

Willard looks as though hes about a popcan taller than Carnera who is listed at 6 ft 5 (and a big 6 ft 5 thouroughbred) which means willard is about 6 ft 8. although over the years it keeps changing because they lied on his original measurements to make the dempsey fght look more competitive. He's officially listed at 6 ft 7 now, and years prior it was 6 ft 5, we all know that isn't true by looking at this photo.

Foreman, Louis and Archie here. Foreman is about Baers size by the looks of it.

so theres 2 reasons why people get deluded by weight categories. esp at HW with no limit they often carry weight they don't need. In the older days fighters trained for boxing, they didn't carry excess weight - they carried what they needed. They didn't over develope their thighs on a squat rack and do bench presses with creatine. no they conditioned what they used. Which makes perfect sense, but strength and conditioning coaches with degrees know nothing about boxing and will gas light old trainers with 100's of years of experience to draw from.

when people talk about fighters moving up now "properly" as an excuse to say look what we can do now, I got one answer for that : TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) thats pretty much answers that question. Fighters simply jack up on drugs now. now if you gave old timers TRT they would be literal murderers because they lived so hard and trained so tough they had copious amounts to begin with - but a good deal of Tysons acting up after prison I'm willin to bet was TEST therapy they were jabbing him with - someone who doesn't need anymore.

If you injected Marciano with test, a man they said had to just pick a barbell up to develop muscle - he would have been an absolute murderer - unstoppable - which he sort of was already.
                    Louis was six feet one and a half inches tall.Source .Joe Louis My Life.
                    Jeffries was measured by a doctor at an even six feet.
                    Source .Jim Jeffries In The Ring Adam Pollack.
                    Willard was six feet six and a quarter.The Ring & multiple sports writers.
                    Carnera six feet and three quarters.The Ring and multiple sports writers.
                    Baer six feet two and a half inches ,Source his manager Ancil Hoffman and The Ring.
                    Dempsey was six feet one according to several biographers.
                    Last edited by Ivich; 04-16-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X