Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dempsey and Marciano switch opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general I'd say Marciano does better but there are some guys there I've not seen enough of to be sure.

I think Marciano beats Tunney. To me the harder fights for Rocky are the bigger, longer guys rather than smaller, quick guys. Maybe Tunney wins some early rounds but would get gradually beat up until he slowed down enough to get stopped. Not a perfect comparison but we saw in the recent Beterbiev-Browne fight how a stronger but less athletic guy can land good shots along the way even when losing rounds, Chavez Sr and 90s Foreman also did it, Marciano was very good at it also.

I would give Charles, Moore, Walcott a reasonable chance vs JD. Dempsey probably stops Moore in war, Walcott has the best chance of beating him imo. I do rate Dempsey and he's exciting to watch, but a key reason I see Marciano doing better in fantasy fights in because Dempsey was a great early round fighter but Marciano was a great late round fighter. We've seen a lot of fights between ATGs that were decided in the championship rounds, but far fewer that were decided in the early rounds.
    The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Your last point is a good one.

Comment

Working...
      X