No announcement yet.

Whats so great about Pernell Whitaker??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    You also say DLH beat Whitaker clearly and that he beat Quartey, tell me do you think he beat Sturm to ?
    He did not, but it was not a shutout victory for Sturm.

You admire a guy that quit on his stool and threw a fight and retired in shame.
    You are obviously a DLH hater. Are you from Mexico by any chance?

Comment

I suppose this guy was not a puncher to ? thats right that is Winky Wright on the canvas.

Nelson was no puncher either ?

Comment

I suppose this guy was not a puncher to ? thats right that is Winky Wright on the canvas.

Nelson was no puncher either ?
        I don't know about him. But Wright was very green back then. I already said that Whitaker did have a great defence, so he knew how to neutralize and confuse punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
          He did not, but it was not a shutout victory for Sturm.

You are obviously a DLH hater. Are you from Mexico by any chance?
          Im not a DLH hater you are just biased towards him. What ever stick you can beat Whitaker with can be used against DLH to.

Im from England.

Comment

I don't know about him. But Wright was very green back then. I already said that Whitaker did have a great defence, so he knew how to neutralize and confuse punchers.
            Green or not he was a natural 154 pounder that got smacked about, that is not the issue though what is the issue is you said he never faced punchers and that is wrong, clearly.

Comment

Green or not he was a natural 154 pounder that got smacked about, that is not the issue though what is the issue is you said he never faced punchers and that is wrong, clearly.
              I never said that. I just said THOSE guys on the videos don't look like punchers to me.

Comment

Azumah Nelson, JCV, JCC, Tito, DLH, Roger Mayweather. Pretty much, all punchers.

Comment

I never said that. I just said THOSE guys on the videos don't look like punchers to me.
                  Well lets take a look.

Azumah Nelson knocked out Pat Cowdell in 1 round this guy went 15 rounds with Salvador Sanchez, he Tko'd Wilfredo Gomez, scored a brutal KO of Danilo Cabrera, blasted Jesse James Leija in their 3rd fight, and TKO'ed Jeff Fenech.

JLR record............111 (82 KO)

Comment

Well lets take a look.

Azumah Nelson knocked out Pat Cowdell in 1 round this guy went 15 rounds with Salvador Sanchez, he Tko'd Wilfredo Gomez, scored a brutal KO of Danilo Cabrera, blasted Jesse James Leija in their 3rd fight, and TKO'ed Jeff Fenech.

JLR record............111 (82 KO)
                    Whatever, as I said punchers never really had much chance against such a fighter, defensive master. I reconsidered my statement. But the point remains, Whitaker did lose fights while still in his prime, two of them.

Comment

Whatever, as I said punchers never really had much chance against such a fighter, defensive master. I reconsidered my statement. But the point remains, Whitaker did lose fights while still in his prime, two of them.
                      Name them? Did you watch them?

Comment

Working...
                      X