No announcement yet.

Was Drago a cherry pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Drago a cherry pick?

Rocky was an accomplished 2x champ and Drago had never fought in a professional fight. His only claim to fame was beating a washed up Creed. Why does Rocky get credit for this?

Really? You realize I had to go through all the trouble of touching my phone screen to get to this childish post. That's two seconds of my life I will never get back. Isn't there a section called 'fantasy crap' you could post on?

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
      Rocky was an accomplished 2x champ and Drago had never fought in a professional fight. His only claim to fame was beating a washed up Creed. Why does Rocky get credit for this?
      It was a cherry pick but don’t forget Drago did catch a body with Apollo.

Drago was green as a pro but he was a legit threat as he was a world amateur champ and he was juiced up to the max.

You can call it a cherry pick for Balboa but Drago had a legit top notch amateur career.

Even though Balboa almost body bagged him. In the end Balboa got bleeding on the brain from that fight and was forced to hang ‘em up. So you can say in the end it was a cherry pick gone wrong.

Drago was a bad boy. He caught a body with Apollo and put Balboa into retirement in a losing effort.
      Last edited by True-Boxing-Fan; 11-18-2021, 07:15 PM.
      buddyr buddyr likes this.

Comment

I still count Drago as a good win. Not Rocky's best win of his career, but a good one. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          Are you sure he didn't have a pro record in Russia?

I remember the backstory being was that he had an amateur record of 100-0.

Comment

Kind of like Lomanchenko vs Orlando Salido. Hi-Tech was not ready for some old school beatdown.
            Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
              It was a cherry pick but don’t forget Drago did catch a body with Apollo.

Drago was green as a pro but he was a legit threat as he was a world amateur champ and he was juiced up to the max.

You can call it a cherry pick for Balboa but Drago had a legit top notch amateur career.

Even though Balboa almost body bagged him. In the end Balboa got bleeding on the brain from that fight and was forced to hang ‘em up. So you can say in the end it was a cherry pick gone wrong.

Drago was a bad boy. He caught a body with Apollo and put Balboa into retirement in a losing effort.
              Actually Balboa retired again, since Rocky came out of retirement to fight Drago, so he was rusty and way past prime. Almost like someone barely with any pro fights going up against a former champ, like Spinks vs. Ali, but with the punching power of say, Nigel Benn. If you know, you know.

Comment

Working...
              X