No announcement yet.

Toughest Surname In Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest Surname In Boxing History

Does one last name stand out above all others, laddies, for its multiplicity of champions and overall tough fighters in professional boxing since it began?

It is a hard question, because I am offering no suggestions and giving no hints.

Which surname do you believe stands out above others for success and accomplishment in boxing over the long run, if any?

If there are no good guesses, I can later publish a list of multiple choice entries for people baffelt by boxing history to select from.

Leonard is a my guess off the bat. Spinks is another if Smith, Jones and Johnson is ruled out......

Comment

- -I'd suggest the Georgian Wolf also the hairiest with hairs on his hairs-

If not, half the alphabet votes for this feller-

Kudratillo Abdukakhorov

Comment

Corbett . . .

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Leonard is a my guess off the bat. Spinks is another if Smith, Jones and Johnson is ruled out......
          No one ruled out Smiff. The name Leonard has two great fighters, but that is about it, isn't it? Always plenty of Johnsons around. Not many good Joneses I can recall.

Comment

That's ****ing interesting. I got guesses:

Eubank

Spinks

Alvarez

Comment

Dempsey...........

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

No one ruled out Smiff. The name Leonard has two great fighters, but that is about it, isn't it? Always plenty of Johnsons around. Not many good Joneses I can recall.
                I'd probably go with Smith then. The goat is among the smiths.

Jones: Tiger Jones, Roy Jones, Junior Jones are names I can think off straght away.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

I'd probably go with Smith then. The goat is among the smiths.

Jones: Tiger Jones, Roy Jones, Junior Jones are names I can think off straght away.
                  Damn, you're right, I misunderstood the exercise. I thought we were stuck to families but this is just about the name.

Comment

I'll probably be a little top heavy in my thoughts. My first thought was Leonard, Benny and SRL basically carry it, but two of the top 15 pound for pound fighters ever can do that. Someone else also listed Jones, which is a real good answer.

I think Lewis: Henry, Kid, Lennox, deserves a look; as does Johnson: Jack, Mark. There have been quite a few good Ortiz's as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X