Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel to the fire. Johnson admits Langford did in fact for him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Just so we can make sure that there is no ducking.

GhostofDempsey

You are officially on record as acknowledging that Jack Dempsey's wraps were a hardening adhesive tape that would cause "unusual punishment," right? As per Jimmy Deforest's statement.

“When I handled Kid McCoy I used to bandage his hands with a certain kind of adhesive tape. As soon as McCoy drew on the gloves, the tape hardened and, as a result, he was able to inflict unusual punishment. I wound Dempsey's hands with the same kind of bandages, which Willard inspected. The story that Dempsey wore aluminum pads over his knuckles is a lie. His bandages became hardened, no doubt, and that was why he cut Willard's face to ribbons.” -- Jimmy Deforest

Since he is the man directly responsible for wrapping Dempsey's hands, here is your primary source from the horses mouth. And you also acknowledge that Willard was concerned about handwraps before the match and stated clearly that he only wanted the use of soft gauze and just enough tape to hold it in place, right?

So Dempsey's wraps were laced with a hardening tape that would cause "unusual punishment." We are now in agreement, right?
    This is pathetic, you are trying so hard to push this Dempsey debate for the umpteenth time now. Nothing I say will convince you of what you don’t want to hear. It’s a fact that Willard had one of his cornermen in Dempsey’s dressing room along with several members of the press to witness his hands being wrapped. They walked him into the ring. They inspected his gloves. Not one member of Willards team to include Willard himself took issue with Dempsey’s wraps or gloves. In fact, Nat Fleischer who you love to quote now was here while his hands were wrapped and insisted there was nothing illegal or sketchy with his wraps. The full video of the fight shows Willard checking Dempsey’s wraps prior to the fight.

You hinged your one man crusade to discredit Dempsey on your hatred of him, which we never even a thing until I came along and ruined your life. That’s a wrap....pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

You did indeed start your Dempsey bashing by latching onto the plaster myth, once you were proven wrong, in typical fashion, you went looking for something else you could use to discredit Dempsey’s win. This is your M.O., get proven wrong and you just run in circles repeating yourself and posting your same old sources that were never compelling in the first place. This is why we have over a dozen Dempsey or Johnson threads where you have shouted from the rooftops and stomped your feet until people just don’t want to talk to you. You never admit when you’re wrong, you call people liars (you just did it in this post) and you ignite everyone else’s sources. Once a poster decides it isn’t worth repeating themselves for the tenth time, you declare victory and give yourself a congratulatory pat on the back. Wash, rinse, repeat,
      No, I did not. If you would like to prove that, go ahead. I know I can prove that's not the case. You are flat out lying. When have I ever stated that I believe any plaster story?

Comment

This is pathetic, you are trying so hard to push this Dempsey debate for the umpteenth time now. Nothing I say will convince you of what you don’t want to hear. It’s a fact that Willard had one of his cornermen in Dempsey’s dressing room along with several members of the press to witness his hands being wrapped. They walked him into the ring. They inspected his gloves. Not one member of Willards team to include Willard himself took issue with Dempsey’s wraps or gloves. In fact, Nat Fleischer who you love to quote now was here while his hands were wrapped and insisted there was nothing illegal or sketchy with his wraps. The full video of the fight shows Willard checking Dempsey’s wraps prior to the fight.

You hinged your one man crusade to discredit Dempsey on your hatred of him, which we never even a thing until I came along and ruined your life. That’s a wrap....pun intended.
        You completely avoided the question, didn't you.

It's quite simple. Do you believe Jimmy Deforest's statement that he wrapped Dempsey's hands with a hardening adhesive tape that would cause "unusual punishment."

Funny you bring up Fliescher again. Because he also reveals that Jimmy Deforest stated this. From "50 years at Ringside."

Willard indeed was worried about handwraps before the fight. By "inspected," you mean he looked at them in the middle of the ring for a few seconds. You know the deal was that they harden once the gloves are on, right?

Stop looking for a way to duck out of answering. Is Jimmy Deforest lying, or did he indeed lace Dempsey's hands with a hardening tape that would cause unusual punishment? Are you going to answer or try to find a way to duck out....as I suspected?

Go ahead. Pretend to be so upset now and outraged that you can't answer. You do the same bullshlt every single time. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
        Last edited by travestyny; 05-04-2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

You did indeed start your Dempsey bashing by latching onto the plaster myth, once you were proven wrong, in typical fashion, you went looking for something else you could use to discredit Dempsey’s win.
          Use the search function:

Dec. 14, 2017, Earliest mention of me referring to plaster in relation to Dempsey.

Originally posted by travestyny
          1. Dempsey has been revealed to have used loaded wraps that hardened based on the statement of his own trainer who wrapped his gloves (the article was reported on by the New York Times.This is NOT the plaster of paris accusation that was proven false.).

Have I proven that I'm not lying now? Your turn to step up.
          Last edited by travestyny; 05-05-2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

You did indeed start your Dempsey bashing by latching onto the plaster myth, once you were proven wrong, in typical fashion, you went looking for something else you could use to discredit Dempsey’s win.
            More proof that you are straight up lying.

This so called beef with you began when you were following me into threads talking shlt about me, when the conversation had nothing to do with you.

Dec. 10th, 2017

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey
            I do know this, he was owning all you chicken shyt clowns who tried to out-trash talk him. If they ban Lou then they should ban ass wipes like travesty and his alts who provoked and antagonized him too.
            When I asked you what the hell was your problem, you began ranting about me defending Mayweather. To which I responded this way:

Dec. 10th, 2017

I guess I found the answer to my question. You just exposed yourself, clown. This is really all about me being a Mayweather fan for you.

Two days later, I posted about how Dempsey and Mayweather were quite similar. One of the ways I said they were similar was allegations of cheating, and I specifically mentioned this.

Dec. 12th, 2017

Dempsey's trainer admit to loading Dempsey's gloves. And you say Floyd was a cheater?

In the words of his trainer:

“When I handled Kid McCoy, I used to bandage his hands with a certain type of adhesive tape,” DeForest told Vila. “As soon as McCoy drew on the gloves, the tape hardened and, as a result, he was able to inflict unusual punishment. I wound Dempsey’s hands, which Willard inspected. The story that Dempsey wore aluminum pads over his knuckles is a lie. His bandages became hardened, no doubt, and that was why he cut Willard’s face to ribbons.”

So where did I say anything about plaster? Do you admit that you are flat out lying now? Let's see if you can be a man and apologize for your false accusations. @ShoulderRoll witnessed all of this, so he can vouch for this being accurate.

You going to explain why you are flat out lying? Or are you going to duck that like you've ducked everything else. Your gimmick has always been the same. Escalate the beef so that you have a reason to duck answering questions that prove you are wrong. Isn't that right?

I'm here willing to engage. You'll be running away, won't you? Who's lying, Ghost? Let's get to the bottom of it.

Comment

How does a thread where Jack Johnson himself admits to being down vs. Langford, who was at a very young & low weight get highjacked into Dempsey's gloves being loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                How does a thread where Jack Johnson himself admits to being down vs. Langford, who was at a very young & low weight get highjacked into Dempsey's gloves being loaded?
                Mainly becuse it's a history forum tradition.

I'n waiting for someone on NSB to claim Csnelo's gloves were loaded. They already got one guy doing the 'he got thumbed' thing, loaded gloves can't be far behind.

What I love about the Dempsey story is how people always (not just with Dempsey) love to take self aggrandizing managers, promoters, and trainers quotes and think they have a good historical source.

These guys all love to convince people that their fighter couldn't have won without them and some people buy the BS -- I call it Teddy Atlas syndrome. If I yell in my fighter's face on TV everyone will think I'm real important around here. Claiming to have loaded your fighter's gloves, to the press, is the same thing.

Imagine writing a history of the game based on Aneglo Dundee's tall tales of self importance.

Another is Nat Fleischer, he is a lesser god around here, but his mis-information can leave you waste deep in BS.

Boxing is a history driven by self aggrandizing promotional hyperbole from hanger-ons.

Some of which have now become historical "fact," -- it was 103 in Havana, Dempsey's gloves were loaded, Dundee ripped Ali's glove, ETC. All are legends based on self aggrandizing story tellers but the perpondence of evidence usually tells a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                  And you also ignore that he says he wasn't down vs. Langford. So there is some inconsistency here.

What should be telling is the newspaper accounts that appeared the day after the fight. NONE of which mention Jack Johnson being down for the count and saved by the bell. That's a major event in a fight. For them all to have mysteriously missed that....makes no sense. Unless it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Mainly becuse it's a history forum tradition.

I'n waiting for someone on NSB to claim Csnelo's gloves were loaded. They already got one guy doing the 'he got thumbed' thing, loaded gloves can't be far behind.

What I love about the Dempsey story is how people always (not just with Dempsey) love to take self aggrandizing managers, promoters, and trainers quotes and think they have a good historical source.

These guys all love to convince people that their fighter couldn't have won without them and some people buy the BS -- I call it Teddy Atlas syndrome. If I yell in my fighter's face on TV everyone will think I'm real important around here. Claiming to have loaded your fighter's gloves, to the press, is the same thing.

Imagine writing a history of the game based on Aneglo Dundee's tall tales of self importance.

Another is Nat Fleischer, he is a lesser god around here, but his mis-information can leave you waste deep in BS.

Boxing is a history driven by self aggrandizing promotional hyperbole from hanger-ons.

Some of which have now become historical "fact," -- it was 103 in Havana, Dempsey's gloves were loaded, Dundee ripped Ali's glove, ETC. All are legends based on self aggrandizing story tellers but the perpondence of evidence usually tells a different story.
                    As far as I know, the only reason that DeForest mentioned the tape he used was to DEFEND Jack Dempsey from allegations of using plaster or aluminum on his wraps. It's not like he was yelling it from the mountaintops before the issue of Dempsey's wraps came up.

And the wraps was a major issue before the fight, as Willard made a big stink about not wanting any funny business to go on with the wraps. And that's exactly what he got, unfortunately.

Tunney apparently made sure that bicycle tape would be specifically not allowed in his match with Dempsey. Begs the question...did that help, in the sense that it was a more even playing field? Certainly more even than the playing field Willard got.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

And you also ignore that he says he wasn't down vs. Langford. So there is some inconsistency here.

What should be telling is the newspaper accounts that appeared the day after the fight. NONE of which mention Jack Johnson being down for the count and saved by the bell. That's a major event in a fight. For them all to have mysteriously missed that....makes no sense. Unless it didn't happen.
                      Dude, Johnson himself said he was down! Langford the same. There's the constancy for you. If you study newspapers, they are often miss knockdowns or don't talk about them. This one could have a quick incident, yet we have both parties saying it happened. Why would they both lie? They would not. The press was there.

Lack of films saves Johnson. For example what if there was film of him getting knocked cold by Choynski, lucky to escape with a draw vs Battling Johnson, being stung by Ross, being out worked by Hart, or being out boxed by primary sources by Jack O'Brien? Well? Duck, Duck; Duck....

Now quickly switch topic to the Ketcel knockdown being a fake even though the press at hand aid Johnson was dazzled, and he said his jaw was sore.

I guess you can file this stuff under a reporter who goes unnamed in a train care who allegedly said so, huh? It it suits your agenda take it was fact, it its truthful, reject it at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                      X