No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs any great heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Because I think it would be good therapy for you to.
    You think naming 6 HW champions that Louis would beat is giving "Louis loads of phraise"?
    The fact that you won't speaks volumes, I will be dwelling in my own amusement not misery.
    My opinion on who Louis beats and who he doesn't are on posts somewhere, i'll not repost them as I don't want your computer monitor to get too much spittle as you reply.
    If you can come up with somebody that would lose to bumbeater then I'll be glad to respond. But you hold a standard much too high for Louis. He'd crumble against most ATG's. This thread is not about HW champions vs Joe Louis, it's about GREATS vs Louis and no, I do not see him beating many greats, and yes I know it annoys you very much. I like that.
    I mean look at you, you're practically BEGGING me to give Louis credit, this is quite pathetic mate. That's why you WILL dwell in your own misery.
    I also think you don't really give a sack about Louis, it seems more like you are trying to impress the Louis nuthuggers here and want to create some friends.

Are you mad?

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
      and yes I know it annoys you very much. I like that.
      I mean look at you, you're practically BEGGING me to give Louis credit, this is quite pathetic mate. That's why you WILL dwell in your own misery.
      I also think you don't really give a sack about Louis, it seems more like you are trying to impress the Louis nuthuggers here and want to create some friends.
      Are you mad?
      I'm not trying to impress the Louis nuthuggers here I'm just confused and very amused by your OTT hatred of Louis.
      BEGGING? I think not. Just a reasonable request, you name several fighters Louis will lose to so just so as I can get an idea of your thought process who would he beat? He obviously isn't number one in your mind, so number 2? 5? 20? 50? Simple question.

As to my state of mind, in the same post you say I'm begging you, I'm dewelling in my own misery and I'm annoyed but the I don't really care.
      So it sounds like you are a little confused.
      I'm feeling quite rational lucid and calm actually, hows you?

Comment

Because I think it would be good therapy for you to.
        You think naming 6 HW champions that Louis would beat is giving "Louis loads of phraise"?
        The fact that you won't speaks volumes, I will be dwelling in my own amusement not misery.
        My opinion on who Louis beats and who he doesn't are on posts somewhere, i'll not repost them as I don't want your computer monitor to get too much spittle as you reply.
        Wasting your time mate... He's shot his bulk & has already spewed everything he knows..
        He simply doesn't know.. It's just like his unique accusations about Louis & Robinson being a couple of scum bags.. He always comes back with, 'If only you knew' when no body does.. Not even 16bf, & look at the info he brings to the font!
        It's all a big secret you see.. A sane or rational person would quote examples to back up his accusations.. As would someone who knew their boxing.. Slime is simply unable to do this.. It's all in his head & this makes him fundamentally ******ed.. MM
        Last edited by mickey malone; 07-05-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

If Light Heavyweight Billy Conn dominated him, if Walcott a great boxer dominated him and got robbed, he got knocked down by everybody including BUMS like Galento..what makes you think he'd be so great against the best ever?

And now you're saying he's being underrated in these matchups while you and your clown posse pick him to beat ANYONE ever lived. Joke's on you lads.
          Louis was past his prime when he fought Walcott and in the rematch knocked out Walcott. Yeah, the same Walcott that Rocky was struggling with and behind on points and took longer to knock Jersey out than Louis did. And Louis fought Walcott years before Rocky got to him.

Louis also fought Bigger HWs than Rocky and higher quality so end of discussion.

At least Conn, who was a LH, was in his prime unlike the other LH that Rocky fought.
          And if you look at that fight, Conn was doing many things well but it is over-blown that he was being dominated. Look to the rounds before Conn was knocked out and you will see Louis wearing him down and continually setting Conn up. Conn couldn't move as much anymore because he was being worn down and not because he decided to trade.
          Conn was also a very good fighter that had agility, and technique which tends to bother bigger fighters.

And that picture of Rocky hitting Louis is a disgrace. So much so that even Rocky cried about it. When you hit your Grandfather, it is sad day. Shame Rocky had to go through with that bout...a bout he didn't want to fight in.
          Louis was shot and there are no high marks for the win.
          Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-05-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

If you can come up with somebody that would lose to bumbeater then I'll be glad to respond. But you hold a standard much too high for Louis. He'd crumble against most ATG's. This thread is not about HW champions vs Joe Louis, it's about GREATS vs Louis and no, I do not see him beating many greats, and yes I know it annoys you very much. I like that.

Are you mad?
            Damn...in a way, we have a similar view on a fighter. You Louis and me Marciano. I don't see Marciano beating many ATG HW either...and possibly even some in Prime LH/CW greats...and even contenders {non-Champions}. It's still up in the air with me though.

Comment

I dont think Rocky beats too many ATGs. Cant think of any locks for him.

Comment

I'm not trying to impress the Louis nuthuggers here I'm just confused and very amused by your OTT hatred of Louis.
                BEGGING? I think not. Just a reasonable request, you name several fighters Louis will lose to so just so as I can get an idea of your thought process who would he beat? He obviously isn't number one in your mind, so number 2? 5? 20? 50? Simple question.

As to my state of mind, in the same post you say I'm begging you, I'm dewelling in my own misery and I'm annoyed but the I don't really care.
                So it sounds like you are a little confused.
                I'm feeling quite rational lucid and calm actually, hows you?
                Yes you're trying to impress the Louis nuthuggers by claiming you're a Marciano fan that respects Louis. What definitely is true is that you're no Rocky fan because you would have defended him against the moronic bloke above that tried to turn this thread into a Marciano bashing joke.
                Yes begging. You asked me to give him credit way too many times and with too much dedication. It's obvious you'd get off on it and I'm not about to do that, mate. Use your left hand.
                To the bolded part, that doesn't even make any sense. You sound like there lad. It's probably best not to drink before posting, unless you're ME. So it looks more like you're the confused lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                  Louis was past his prime when he fought Walcott and in the rematch knocked out Walcott. Yeah, the same Walcott that Rocky was struggling with and behind on points and took longer to knock Jersey out than Louis did. And Louis fought Walcott years before Rocky got to him.

Louis also fought Bigger HWs than Rocky and higher quality so end of discussion.

At least Conn, who was a LH, was in his prime unlike the other LH that Rocky fought.
                  And if you look at that fight, Conn was doing many things well but it is over-blown that he was being dominated. Look to the rounds before Conn was knocked out and you will see Louis wearing him down and continually setting Conn up. Conn couldn't move as much anymore because he was being worn down and not because he decided to trade.
                  Conn was also a very good fighter that had agility, and technique which tends to bother bigger fighters..
                  GOOD JOB mate. You did exactly what I wanted you all to do. Which is showing your true Louis nuthugging face. Which is responding by trying to rip on the fighter me and others are fans of. Thank you lad.

And that picture of Rocky hitting Louis is a disgrace. So much so that even Rocky cried about it. When you hit your Grandfather, it is sad day. Shame Rocky had to go through with that bout...a bout he didn't want to fight in.
                  Louis was shot and there are no high marks for the win

It's quite a nice sight actually. It's a symbol of seeing a disgraceful champion being put away with brutal force by a new breath of fresh air, and a total opposite.
                  Stare at it.

Comment

GOOD JOB mate. You did exactly what I wanted you all to do. Which is showing your true Louis nuthugging face. Which is responding by trying to rip on the fighter me and others are fans of. Thank you lad.

It's quite a nice sight actually. It's a symbol of seeing a disgraceful champion being put away with brutal force by a new breath of fresh air, and a total opposite.
                    Stare at it.

I've never shied away with my opinions towards Louis. I've posted for a long time and if anybody followed my posts they know Louis is my favorite fighter, however; I can't be a nuthugger because I would favor some fighters over Louis, agree that he has weaknesses, and I've discussed this in the past as well. Nuthuggers don't do that.

Your character that you are doing is that of nuthugger: Someone who is extremely bias towards one particular fighter to the point of worshipping his soul, ignorant towards the sport in general, and feel threatened by anyone that says a bad word towards your fighter. However, that last part I've never gotten the feeling was true with you because you just seem to be someone that is typing to annoy people. At least I hope so because that would just be sad if you were actually doing this truthfully.

Point on Marciano for Me: I've given credit to Marciano as a fighter and especially as an under 200 pound fighter. If we compare him with fighters under 200 pounds, I've always maintained that he was one of the best. The problem for me is putting him next to other HWs that fought legit 200+ pound HWs that were also over 6'0 tall.
                    Marciano fought certain kinds of fighters and because of that; it leaves him unproven in many ways.
                    We have footage of his fights and in those fights we don't necessarily see a "dominant" fighter like some make him out to be. He did have his weak points like everybody else. Even his power, for all the talk of that one shot that landed on Walcott which was one of the great punches in boxing history, Walcott did take many shots in prior rounds on the chin and didn't go down. So for those that act like Marciano didn't land a single punch up until that last devastating blow....need to actually watch the fight.
                    Many factors went into that final blow that made it devastating which is a part of boxing.

I could see him lose to a number of fighters because of his competition and how they did against him. How other fighters looked in their careers and the attributes they brought all while comparing the fighters to come up with an answer of who would be favored and why. People differ on their opinions when it comes to this but the point to be made by you has to have reasons for your picking.

Picture: Point is, Louis was shot. So much so that Marciano didn't want to fight him. So you have a "shot" fighter's picture being knocked out by a younger opponent.
                    That's like having a picture of a Grandfather being beaten up by his Grandson.

If you were to be a Marciano hater that extreme (and going by the way you post) would be to put up a picture of Marciano's plane crash as a symbol of defeat to the "undefeated" champion. An act of showing that he was mortal and lost to Nature.

Do you see the extremes you use now?

Obviously you do. You can't be that over the top and ignorant because if you are...that's sad.
                    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                      I've never shied away with my opinions towards Louis. I've posted for a long time and if anybody followed my posts they know Louis is my favorite fighter, however; I can't be a nuthugger because I would favor some fighters over Louis, agree that he has weaknesses, and I've discussed this in the past as well. Nuthuggers don't do that.

Your character that you are doing is that of nuthugger: Someone who is extremely bias towards one particular fighter to the point of worshipping his soul, ignorant towards the sport in general, and feel threatened by anyone that says a bad word towards your fighter. However, that last part I've never gotten the feeling was true with you because you just seem to be someone that is typing to annoy people. At least I hope so because that would just be sad if you were actually doing this truthfully.

Point on Marciano for Me: I've given credit to Marciano as a fighter and especially as an under 200 pound fighter. If we compare him with fighters under 200 pounds, I've always maintained that he was one of the best. The problem for me is putting him next to other HWs that fought legit 200+ pound HWs that were also over 6'0 tall.
                      Marciano fought certain kinds of fighters and because of that; it leaves him unproven in many ways.
                      We have footage of his fights and in those fights we don't necessarily see a "dominant" fighter like some make him out to be. He did have his weak points like everybody else. Even his power, for all the talk of that one shot that landed on Walcott which was one of the great punches in boxing history, Walcott did take many shots in prior rounds on the chin and didn't go down. So for those that act like Marciano didn't land a single punch up until that last devastating blow....need to actually watch the fight.
                      Many factors went into that final blow that made it devastating which is a part of boxing.

I could see him lose to a number of fighters because of his competition and how they did against him. How other fighters looked in their careers and the attributes they brought all while comparing the fighters to come up with an answer of who would be favored and why. People differ on their opinions when it comes to this but the point to be made by you has to have reasons for your picking.

Picture: Point is, Louis was shot. So much so that Marciano didn't want to fight him. So you have a "shot" fighter's picture being knocked out by a younger opponent.
                      That's like having a picture of a Grandfather being beaten up by his Grandson.
                      My own critique of Marciano was to demonstrate that any fighter can be picked apart and that to focus solely on a fighter's weakness is being intellectually dishonest. While I'm not a fan of Marciano I do have respect for him and an his accomplishments, and unlike many posters here (including many I respect as knowledgable posters) I consider Marciano and ATG and have him in my top-ten all-time (currently at number 9).

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X