No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs any great heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
    Of cource you don't see it because you're blind to every fact that you don't like to hear.
    Hold up the mirror on that one

I didn't say Louis wouldn't beat "anybody".
    He'd simply lose to most of the ATG's based on what I've seen from his fights.
    ok who would he beat in your opinion.

I don't have a personal dislike for Louis himself
    Obviously not you have certainly made that abundantly clear.

Like I said before, take off your so called Marciano fan mask and bend over in the Louis crowd where you belong.
    Not so called, if you care to read old posts of mine or I am sure other posters will agree that I am firmly a Marciano fan. Just not a blindly slavish one which ironically is an accusation you level at all Louis fans who make even the most innocuous comments as to his strengths.

Comment

Question: does anyone here see Walcott or Charles beating Louis in his prime?

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post

Walcott already did.

Charles is another great slick boxer so yes he would certainly beat a prime Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          No.. I think Louis beats both....

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            Hold up the mirror on that one

ok who would he beat in your opinion.

Obviously not you have certainly made that abundantly clear.

Not so called, if you care to read old posts of mine or I am sure other posters will agree that I am firmly a Marciano fan. Just not a blindly slavish one which ironically is an accusation you level at all Louis fans who make even the most innocuous comments as to his strengths.
            Ali, Lewis, Foreman, Liston, Tyson, Holmes would beat him with ease. Frazier and Marciano would catch up with him. He'd fare the worst. It's up to you all who he would beat, or actually I wouldn't ask anyone in this section.

Comment

And you just added Walcott and Charles to that list, so who if anyone in your opinion would Louis beat? C'mon must be half a dozen names you could mention through gritted teeth?

Comment

And you just added Walcott and Charles to that list, so who if anyone in your opinion would Louis beat? C'mon must be half a dozen names you could mention through gritted teeth?
                Sugar Ray Robinson.

Actually it would probably end in a double TKO, with both men quitting.

Comment

In my opinion:

Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, Bowe all beat him easily. Yes Bowe too. Too big, too smart a fighter. Beautiful inside work, hand a good jab.

And Lewis if he didnt get clocked.
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

I'll let you dwell in your own misery mate. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of me giving Louis loads of phraise. Like I said, if you think Louis beats most greats you should give good arguments without ignoring his faults. Why won't you answer your own question?

Comment

I'll let you dwell in your own misery mate. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of me giving Louis loads of phraise. Like I said, if you think Louis beats most greats you should give good arguments without ignoring his faults. Why won't you answer your own question?
                      Because I think it would be good therapy for you to.
                      You think naming 6 HW champions that Louis would beat is giving "Louis loads of phraise"?
                      The fact that you won't speaks volumes, I will be dwelling in my own amusement not misery.
                      My opinion on who Louis beats and who he doesn't are on posts somewhere, i'll not repost them as I don't want your computer monitor to get too much spittle as you reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X