No announcement yet.

best boxing book you've ever read????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
    Shaw took the woman to court (!!!) and a few months ago won a judgment against her. She was ordered to repay the money plus damages.
    Cheers Kid... Been out of the UK for a while now (living/working in Thailand)

That was the last I heard... A blonde bimbo from Romford, probably clad in a denim skirt, white stilletoes & 30 odd years his junior, took a massive liberty...
    I'm surprised she didn't end up wearing 'Irish Sunglasses' (2 black eyes lol)

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      Im going on a massive biography session at the moment, a few years ago i read 3 tyson bio's.

Tyson biography by paul weller was brilliant
      Iron Mike Tyson - Was a mash of different articles and chapters of books written about tyson, was a interesting read.
      Tyson, the nature of the beast - was written by a prof. or doctor, i didnt really enjoy this as much. Its really focused on racism and how it was for ever present in Tysons life.

Currently reading: Sonny Liston: His Life, Strife and the Phantom Punch by Rob Steele

Then im going to read:
      King of the World: Muhammad Ali and the Rise of the American Hero by David Remnick
      Your Top 10 ATG H/W list is very good...
      The only thing's I'd change is: Tunney for Foreman at no 10 (Foreman no8)
      Ali swops with Louis (by a hairs breath)
      With Dempsey at no 11...

Some fine tinkering cos I'm bored at the mo..lol
      One of the most accurate lists, I've seen though (in my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        Your Top 10 ATG H/W list is very good...
        The only thing's I'd change is: Tunney for Foreman at no 10 (Foreman no8)
        Ali swops with Louis (by a hairs breath)
        With Dempsey at no 11...

Some fine tinkering cos I'm bored at the mo..lol
        One of the most accurate lists, I've seen though (in my opinion)
        Cheers man!. Its always very difficult to make these sort of lists and everyones opinion is going to differ slightly!. Feel free to post your list in the top10 heavys thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
          Cheers man!. Its always very difficult to make these sort of lists and everyones opinion is going to differ slightly!. Feel free to post your list in the top10 heavys thread.
          I submitted a list, not long after it first started....
          Even my own opinions change from time to time lol...
          You'll always find the same fighters, but maybe in a slightly different order lol...
          I'm older than you, & maybe the 'old' dimentias starting to settle in!
          But seeing Holmes at no3 immediately caught my attention...
          He simply IS the 3rd best AT HW... Regards MM

Comment

The Black Lights by Thomas Hauser. I read this years ago and still think its one of the best.

Comment

Not a boxing book but worth mentioning as i thought it was the dogs bollocks, Watch My Back by Geoff Thompson. Really Good read.

I have a Rocky Marciano Biography that aint bad either, my worst has to be American Boy by Oscar it sucks pretty pretty Bad!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Not a boxing book but worth mentioning as i thought it was the dogs bollocks, Watch My Back by Geoff Thompson. Really Good read.

I have a Rocky Marciano Biography that aint bad either, my worst has to be American Boy by Oscar it sucks pretty pretty Bad!
                Geoff Thompson..... The MA man (enforcer) from Coventry???

If so... I've read it....
                His lifetime experiences as a Martial artist/doorman/minder etc

Don't know him, but his reputation preceeds him... Has max respect within the fold...

Good read to... Seems like 'old school'

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  Geoff Thompson..... The MA man (enforcer) from Coventry???

If so... I've read it....
                  His lifetime experiences as a Martial artist/doorman/minder etc

Don't know him, but his reputation preceeds him... Has max respect within the fold...

Good read to... Seems like 'old school'
                  The very one Mickey, guy seems bad ass. Heard one of the other celeb hard case types saying Geoff was the baddest of em all! Cant remember who it was, Cass Pennant mabey i think?

Seems a cool guy too, just real hard!

Comment

Ghosts of Manila is a great book.

Comment

Angelo Dundee My View From The Corner
                      Just finished this, goes through the stages of his career from Willie Pastrano, to Ali, to Leonard (Yet more evidence this guy was a weasel) and ends with Foreman.
                      Well narrated nothing really new but a nice easy read

Comment

Working...
                      X