Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe macho camacho too was never dropped i no for a fact never kod

Comment

He went down against Oscar I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        I don't think Chuvalo has ever gotten knocked down.

This is the guy that pops into most fans' heads when discussing granite chins. Was he ever down as an amateur?

Comment

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
          This is the guy that pops into most fans' heads when discussing granite chins. Was he ever down as an amateur?
          As far as i know, he had a very short amateur career.... Something like 15 fights, all of them by quick knockouts... So i think the possibility of him being down is absolutely impossible...

No wonder he is considered to have the best chin in history.... There was nobody tougher...

Comment

Steve Forbes....

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Steve Forbes....
              That is one cast iron chin

Comment

Was Nikolai Valuev mentioned?

I think when he meets a heavy-punching guy, he can go down, but right now he`s a two-time (OMG) world champion, and as far as i know he was never down in his professional fights... Don`t know about amateurs...

Comment

I think Cobb and Chuvalo never were knocked down. Jake Lamotta went a long time without going down.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr.../dp/0786439947

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                    Bernard Hopkins was knocked down twice against Segundo Mercado in their first fight which was held in Ecuador in 94.

James Toney was knocked down by Reggie Johnson in the 2rd round whilst defending his IBF Middlweight Title in 91.
                    James Toney also got knocked down by Sam Peter!

I've read that Jake Lamotta only got knocked down once when he was fighting past his prime

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                      Marciano only slipped twice so you could include him. You could also start a thread about fighters who have been knocked down more often than Louis(very difficult to make a list indeed).
                      And there's probably Valuev.
                      You say Marciano only slipped twice, the knockdowns he suffered at the hands of Archie Moore and Jersey Joe Walcott were no slips, they were clean punchers. And I've never heard no one claim them to be slips, not even Marciano himslef.

They were clean knockdowns.

Comment

Working...
                      X