Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernard Hopkins was knocked down only in 1 bout in his career. Which was twice against Mercardo in Ecuador, where i think the bout was held at 10,000 Feet Altitude !!!!

Even then Hopkins never lost.

They had a rematch at a venue with normal altitude after that i think, which Hopkins won

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
      Bernard Hopkins was knocked down twice against Segundo Mercado in their first fight which was held in Ecuador in 94.

James Toney was knocked down by Reggie Johnson in the 2rd round whilst defending his IBF Middlweight Title in 91.
      Toney was knocked down by a jab from Sam Peter if I remember right. Pretty impressive chin for a former middleweight champ though.

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
      I don't think Oliver McCall was ever knocked down. If anyone did knock him down they'd probably come out and say it. Even Tyson could never knock him down in sparring.
      Pretty impressive considering he's still fighting HW contenders at the age of 44. Even iron-chinned guys like Ray Mercer got hurt by that age.

Comment

mikkel kessler........

Comment

Bernard Hopkins was knocked down twice against Segundo Mercado in their first fight which was held in Ecuador in 94.

James Toney was knocked down by Reggie Johnson in the 2rd round whilst defending his IBF Middlweight Title in 91.
          Regards.. You've just improved my repetoir..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            Regards.. You've just improved my repetoir..
            No Problem

Comment

George Chuvalo
              Vitali Klitschko
              Ike Ibeabuchi

P.S. were Riddick Bowe and Shane Mosley ever knocked down in pro`s?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Alar~ View Post
                George Chuvalo
                Vitali Klitschko
                Ike Ibeabuchi

P.S. were Riddick Bowe and Shane Mosley ever knocked down in pro`s?
                It hasn't happened in boxing, but Vitali Klitschko has been knocked out in a Kickboxing match against Pele Reid, who would also go on to have a boxing career in the U.K. Here a article about it
                http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/news/17...ally-Happened-

Riddick Bowe was put on the canvas in his third bout with Evander Holyfield in the 6th round.

Shane Mosely was knocked down in his first fight against Vernon Forrest in the 2rd round, do it all started with a clash of heads.
                Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 04-19-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

That was the only time Toney went down hard, dude was hurt bad. He went down against Roy in the 3rd for goofing off and again against Sam Peter in their second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
                    That was the only time Toney went down hard, dude was hurt bad. He went down against Roy in the 3rd for goofing off and again against Sam Peter in their second fight.
                    Here's the knockdown of Reggie Johnson.

Comment

It wasn't as hard as I remember it when I saw it the first time, but he was definitely hurt. Green K.

Comment

Working...
                      X