Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
    Fail.

"7. Thus for all Judges scoring UFC fights, the prioritized order of evaluating criteria is:
    -clean strikes and effective grappling are weighed first.
    -octagon control
    -effective aggressiveness
    M. Domination Criteria
    1. A Judge may determine that a fighter dominated his opponent in a round. This can lead to a two point or more difference on a Judge's scorecard.
    2. The definition of a dominating round is a fighter's ability to effectively strike, grapple and
    control his opponent.
    3. A Judge may determine a round was dominating if a fighter was adversely affected by one of the following:
    -knocked down from standing position by clean strike
    -by submission attempt
    -from a throw
    -from clean strikes either standing or grounded."

Hunt and Takeda were both in the process of throwing a punch when they were knocked down.

I already said that I may buy the excuse for the Moore knockdown but what about the Walcott knockdown? Marciano was not throwing a punch and was standing steadily on his two feet when he got caught by a huge left hook which put him down.

Here it is again:

1:00

Please come up with some of these examples then. I've made my case.
    LOL, don't get mad, copy right infinging machine. You are denying my accusations of you being the owner of your other account Southpaw16, so you're admitting it?

I clearly meant the ref doesn't call knockdowns, thus they are not called. Wanker. I never said anything about SCORING mma fights, so you can shove that Chuck example up your arse mate. It shows how desperate you are, that you have to dig in a sport where they don't even have standing 8 counts like in Boxing, which is what this forum is. Boxing. So, FAIL again, Machine. Don't worry. You're so used to failing now it doesn't matter.

Hunt and Takeda were hit BEFORE they finished the punch. Marciano was hit AFTER throwing a punch while he was off balance therefor ready to go down. He was off balance and slipped against Walcott. What part of this don't you understand mate? Do I really have to spell it again for you?

And what examples? You mean how it's a fact that balance shots are not called as knockdowns in Kickboxing and Muay Thai 9999 out of 1000 times? You want one example you can wank to, Overeem vs Bonjasky. Remy was knocked down off balance thus it was not called. It was crucial, but it was not called.

Now go and do you homework again with your youtube videos. You must not get out whatsoever mate. Any time i'm on here you're online and hopping on my balls. Whats the real issue here mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
      I clearly meant the ref doesn't call knockdowns, thus they are not called. Wanker. I never said anything about SCORING mma fights, so you can shove that Chuck example up your arse mate. It shows how desperate you are, that you have to dig in a sport where they don't even have standing 8 counts like in Boxing, which is what this forum is. Boxing. So, FAIL again, Machine. Don't worry. You're so used to failing now it doesn't matter.
      They don't have standing eight counts because it's MMA, the point of the sport is that you can continue fighting even with your opponent on the canvas. The referee is not supposed to interfere by issuing a standing 8 count.

This doesn't mean that knockdowns aren't called because the judges do take them into account.

Hunt and Takeda were hit BEFORE they finished the punch. Marciano was hit AFTER throwing a punch while he was off balance therefor ready to go down.
      This does not mean they weren't off balance.

He was off balance and slipped against Walcott. What part of this don't you understand mate? Do I really have to spell it again for you?
      Ridiculous.

And what examples? You mean how it's a fact that balance shots are not called as knockdowns in Kickboxing and Muay Thai 9999 out of 1000 times? You want one example you can wank to, Overeem vs Bonjasky. Remy was knocked down off balance thus it was not called. It was crucial, but it was not called.
      Not really comparable since Bonjasky actually had his foot off the canvas:

8:29

Comment

Louis could be caught but if you hold a title for 10 odd years and defend it against every conceivable contender in a reasonably strong era you are going to occasionally hit the canvas, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
          They were about as clean as your undies, so you can take that back. Marciano was off balance against Moore, and here is the proof.

This is right before he goes down.
          That is the whole point of what is called 'a counter-punch'. To make your opponent miss and be off balance so you can land a punch that can either hurt him and knock him down easily. It's not as if it makes a difference whether he was off balance or not because it was Moore that created that opportunity and therefore it was Moore's skill that caused the knockdown, and not Marciano's balance.

Comment

Working...
          X