No announcement yet.

Remebering Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Oh, and just to clue you in on "Boogie Knights": He's made it his life's mission to try and discredit Joe Louis. Much in the same way LRR tries to (and fails) to discredit Muhammed Ali. Any screaming he does about someone "hating" a fighter is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Poet
    you're a lying scumbag who proves it with every post.

I have Joe Louis second on my ATG heavyweights after Ali.

Poet is clearly out of his ****ing rocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
      If only that was true in Poet's case. Unfourtanetly Poet's victims include even the most sensible fans, he just cant refrain himself from going low, always been his style.

Like in one thread he came in with his spam attacking everyone and anyone who said that Tyson was the reason they started watching boxing in the early days. His blood pressure balooned and *******ual insults were thrown left and right. I remember being with him on a different site where he would randomly make a new tyson hate thread every 2 weeks or so, criticising everything from Mike's opposition to the size of shorts he was wearing lol utterly ridicilous.

Id rather have Tyson overated, then be underated by idiots like Poet who give him no credit whatsoever. The funny thing is that he's probably the biggest nuthugger of Joe Louis and overates his man to the max. He's got no problem with Louis winning a title from Jim Braddock, who had 25 losses and won his title from the biggest clown in boxing. Poet convenietly leaves that out, but he makes it a point to mention that Tyson won his title from Berbick 'the most undeserving champion of all' acording to him.

But because guys like Braddock and Tony 'the bum' Galento managed to floor Louis they are Gods in Poet's eyes.

What a pathetic joke that guy is.
      Joe Louis was a great great fighter, I wouldn't say he won the title from the greatest HW to walk the earth and I do regard the Galento fight as a bit of a circus show. Might make a great film one day though?.

Comment

Tyson is a top ten HW. No doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
          idiot likes to suck up too as well as twist his story. Well, well, well i think it's our friend Poet who is under the seriously mistaken impression that im a nuthugger. Sad man he is.

Really how it started with me and him was when I called him out to answer me with facts when he cooked up a story that Tyson was ducking Tony Tucker who dissapeared for 2 years after that fight and came 30 pounds above his normal weight for his next fight.

He also dismissed tyson's 1st round victories over Carl Williams and Alex stewart as nothing more as wins over scared bums. Those same bums that went the distance with Holmes (Williams) and Holyfield, Foreman (Stewart)

When i wouldnt bend down to him like everybody does and called him out, Poet didnt like nobody talking back at him. After all when Poet has spoken, it's final and no poster here dare say anything or go againt his opinion.

Poet's style of dealing with someone who goes against his opinion

1) You're a cum drinking, **** itching, **** sucking, kool aid drinking cum dumping **** sucker
          2) Im the smartest poster on this site, everybody else is a ****ing idiot how dare these kool aid drinking boys say anything. Im God on these forums
          3) Put everyone who disagrees with him on ignore
          Well I have mentioned to him that he uses a haymaker when a jab would do and I don't think he would argue the point. I think it is a sad on this site that rather than have a measured argument and accept the others point of view regardless of whether you agree with it it does seem to sink into vitriol. It seems to be that if you insult or demean my guy I will insult and demean your guy more. I'm a bit of an old man who finds it hard to embrace the new but for example I like Mayweather as a fighter and he would be a good fighter in any era. I don't think he is the greatest fighter to walk the earth though and really really hate his trash talking. I favour making my argument take it or leave it, i'll listen to you and consider if you have made an educated point or maybe walk away if I think we are on totally different planets on a subject. We could all do with calming down on these forums though I think.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            Joe Louis was a great great fighter, I wouldn't say he won the title from the greatest HW to walk the earth and I do regard the Galento fight as a bit of a circus show. Might make a great film one day though?.
            Apparently not willing to classify Louis' opponents as "bums" is tantamount to making them into God's and nuthugging Louis.

Here is the thread in question, you can see for yourself:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=month&page=14

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by vandiar View Post
              Tyson is a top ten HW. No doubt in my mind.
              No top 10/12 is very fair.
              I have Ali 1st and Louis 2nd that never changes.
              Then Jacks Johnson,Dempsey Larry Holmes and Marciano interchange in the next 4 spots.
              Foreman,Liston, Holyfield, Lewis,Tyson and Frazier interchange in the next 6 spots.
              I totally reserve the right to move on a whim someone from 6th to 3rd and 7th to 12th because its my list

Comment

Apparently not willing to classify Louis' opponents as "bums" is tantamount to making them into God's and nuthugging Louis.

Here is the thread in question, you can see for yourself:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=month&page=14

Poet
                In that thread, btw, you can see where I calmly explained to BK and SL exactly what the "Bum-Of-The-Month Club" was and why it was, in fact, a misnomer. However, all they could do is keep repeating themselves over and over again like some Hindu mantra chant "they were bums, they were bums, they were bums".

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                  Well I have mentioned to him that he uses a haymaker when a jab would do and I don't think he would argue the point. I think it is a sad on this site that rather than have a measured argument and accept the others point of view regardless of whether you agree with it it does seem to sink into vitriol. It seems to be that if you insult or demean my guy I will insult and demean your guy more. I'm a bit of an old man who finds it hard to embrace the new but for example I like Mayweather as a fighter and he would be a good fighter in any era. I don't think he is the greatest fighter to walk the earth though and really really hate his trash talking. I favour making my argument take it or leave it, i'll listen to you and consider if you have made an educated point or maybe walk away if I think we are on totally different planets on a subject. We could all do with calming down on these forums though I think.
                  you sound like a good soul man, and i agree totally. A lot of angry and ignorant people post here, makes me think they didnt get enough discipline growing up. I agree with your point, it shouldnt be childish. Im not a big fan of insulting or trying to handle e-business in a tough guy manner. This is a boxing website with strangers and fans alike posting their opinions, really no right or wrong answers. Boxing historians will have their critics too.

But as with all things, it's impossible to keep things smooth for extended periods of time, not when you got guys like Poet. If a guys says 'I dont like your guy because of this and that' that's fine with me, and we'll leave it at that. Problem is we got demented Poets who run around and go further, making personal attacks, questioning your ***ual orientation, and acting like a God's gift to these forums.

The quotes i posted earlier were insults directed at me, way below the belt, and that was just a taste. You can easily tell what kind of mentality this man has. His responses are those that you would expect coming from a 10 year old. When he comes at you he does it on full cylinders leaving no dirty words behind.

I just wish we had more objective posters like you. Makes discussion a whole lot easier.

Comment

In that thread, btw, you can see where I calmly explained to BK and SL exactly what the "Bum-Of-The-Month Club" was and why it was, in fact, a misnomer. However, all they could do is keep repeating themselves over and over again like some Hindu mantra chant "they were bums, they were bums, they were bums".

Poet
                    yet more lies from you. Apparently your reading skills are not on the par with the quality of your insults.

I never used the word 'bum' in reference to Louis' opponents, except for Tony galento, but that was when you reffered to galento in this typical manner.

Tony Galento was certainly no worse than Donovan Ruddock. Galento was certainly better than Trevor Berbick, Tyrell Biggs, and Carl Williams.

Poet
                    complete drivel on your part. that is as worse as it gets.

But you also went lower with this little piece of poetry.

Come to think of it compared to damn near ANY Heavyweight titlist's opposition Tyson's looks like the ****in' Mickey Mouse Club.
                    Surely Rahman, Mccal, Maskaev and anyone else you label a titlist had a better run than Tyson

Comment

I never looked at Louis' lists of wins as being top quality opposition, rather his 25 title defenses and longevity. I won't kid myself into thinking he fought a list of ATG's. I won't kid myself into think Mike Tyson fought garbage competition either.

Louis cracks the no.2 spot on my ATG Hw list because he had a very long successful title run.

Bernard Hopkins is my second favorite fighter of all time, but I think his opposition is highly overated on these boards, but he made an excellent run at MW (and his competition was decent).

There is no other way to spin it, Louis fought in an era when a guy like Tony Galento was one of the top dogs for years, that has to amount to something when talking about opposition quality.

Mikes division admittedly was in a low after the 70's prior to him. The heavyweight division has never been consistent, I can think of only 2 era's that produced overall solid competition. Where as the WW division for example has always produced great fighters in every era.

Tyson however doesn't have the heart of a champion for very long, he starts slacking off and get's Koed by Buster Douglas, an average rate fighter who had flip flopping training schedules. Goes to prison and doesn't avenge his loss, it was only his climb to the title that he showed heart, any of his wins after wards were based a lot on his opponent's fear.

This is often why the Tyson that fought Spinks is considered the best version. Tyson wanted to win that night, and he did.

Joe Louis would be fighting right to the end, so in his respectful era he was a greater champion, even if his opposition wasn't amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X