No announcement yet.

Remebering Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Rebellion as in not fighting in a war you don't feel is just or having relations with the woman you want to regardless of colour. Or rebellion as in **** and assault?
    Engergy for 4 rounds, watch Marciano or Frazier in the 12 to 15th rounds of fights.
    Rage and hate, if you wish to see ferocity Dempsey v Willard and Louis v Schmelling 2 are worth a visit.
    They just aren't traits I can imagine any right thinking person would find admirable. I mean, I realize we all have them to one degree or another but that's the darker side of human nature. The traits we traditionally admire are those that reflect the "better angels" of our character.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      They just aren't traits I can imagine any right thinking person would find admirable. I mean, I realize we all have them to one degree or another but that's the darker side of human nature. The traits we traditionally admire are those that reflect the "better angels" of our character.

Poet
      The chip and charge fighters don't usually make for a long career and whilst he had his out of ring problems I always felt it was a matter of time before a cool calm fighter used his reach advantage and a decent jab to beat Tyson. I was suprised that it was Douglas who was the 1st I had my money on Holyfield when he moved up and got used to the weight.

Comment

Poet
        LMFAOOOOOOOO

traits that reflect Poet's better angels

And I'm sure you were there measuring Mike Tyson's **** with a measuring tape.....and discoving it was only two inches long. Poor two inch Iron Prison *****.
        I'm going to peg you for the Tyson **** sucker that you are.
        Originally posted by poet682006
        You just run your cum dumpster and do my work for me.

As for me, my issue isn't with Tyson it's with nuthuggers: AKA fanboys, anus suckers, mind-numbed robots, true believers, and my favorite: KoolAid drinkers. Which one do you prefer because they all apply to you!

You see, I watch boxing with my brain not my emotions.....unlike you who watches boxing with your ****.

A KoolAid drinking fan-boy who thinks not with his head but with his genitalia
        Originally posted by poet682006
        Do you play with your action figure with kung-fu grip everyday after school?
        You can suck on Tyson's rectum all you want PPs.
        You seem aweful hung up on size. Are you overcompensating in some way for physical deficiancies you may have? You would deparately running around in search of your first lay
        Unlike Tyson I've never done time, but I'm sure if you asked Michael he'd tell you about the time he was traded for a pack of Newports. Hmmm, sounds like you and Mike have a LOT in common.....
        I really can't be arsed to give **** leeches the time of day
        Poet really needs to stay out of Tyson threads. He doesnt bring anything positive, if he hates the fighter so much then he should just stay out. But he uses that as an excuse so he can flame tyson fans and act like a hard e-man.

Comment

The chip and charge fighters don't usually make for a long career and whilst he had his out of ring problems I always felt it was a matter of time before a cool calm fighter used his reach advantage and a decent jab to beat Tyson. I was suprised that it was Douglas who was the 1st I had my money on Holyfield when he moved up and got used to the weight.
          I've always liked Holyfield's attitude: "I don't have to hate you to beat you."

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
            Poet really needs to stay out of Tyson threads. He doesnt bring anything positive, if he hates the fighter so much then he should just stay out. But he uses that as an excuse so he can flame tyson fans and act like a hard e-man.
            Think it is more a case that he is trying to balance some of the OTT adulation Tyson gets. As I said earlier Tyson is neither as good as reputed or as bad as reputed somewhere middling which is where he will be placed in historical HW ATG lists when people take a step back and judge soberly. Poet probably overshoots with the criticism but it is balanced by the OTT hero worship others give Tyson. Somewhere in the middle is fair.

Comment

Have to say that I always score dignity high in the lists of qualities I like to see in a champion. Not a fan of the trash talking, you have 12 rounds to prove a point.

Comment

Think it is more a case that he is trying to balance some of the OTT adulation Tyson gets. As I said earlier Tyson is neither as good as reputed or as bad as reputed somewhere middling which is where he will be placed in historical HW ATG lists when people take a step back and judge soberly. Poet probably overshoots with the criticism but it is balanced by the OTT hero worship others give Tyson. Somewhere in the middle is fair.
                If only that was true in Poet's case. Unfourtanetly Poet's victims include even the most sensible fans, he just cant refrain himself from going low, always been his style.

Like in one thread he came in with his spam attacking everyone and anyone who said that Tyson was the reason they started watching boxing in the early days. His blood pressure balooned and *******ual insults were thrown left and right. I remember being with him on a different site where he would randomly make a new tyson hate thread every 2 weeks or so, criticising everything from Mike's opposition to the size of shorts he was wearing lol utterly ridicilous.

Id rather have Tyson overated, then be underated by idiots like Poet who give him no credit whatsoever. The funny thing is that he's probably the biggest nuthugger of Joe Louis and overates his man to the max. He's got no problem with Louis winning a title from Jim Braddock, who had 25 losses and won his title from the biggest clown in boxing. Poet convenietly leaves that out, but he makes it a point to mention that Tyson won his title from Berbick 'the most undeserving champion of all' acording to him.

But because guys like Braddock and Tony 'the bum' Galento managed to floor Louis they are Gods in Poet's eyes.

What a pathetic joke that guy is.

Comment

Thank you for quoating that: As I have him on ignore I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Apparently he's under the seriously mistaken impression that threads about a fighter are for slavish devotees. This is boxing forum, not a fan site. If he wishes to see a never ending stream of adulation I'm sure he can find numerous Tyson fan-sites on the net where he can rub noses with like-minded syncophants.

Now, as to whether I hate Tyson you should ask Iron Man about that: He's a Tyson fan who's NOT a nuthugger and can tell you that in serious discussions (as opposed to threads where I'm pissing of nuthuggers) I have always been fair to Tyson. Now I have little tolerance for his ignorant fan base, but that's a different issue. I've said this many times: Of all the living fighters and former fighters the one that I'd like to sit down over a cup of coffee and analyse old fight film with is Mike Tyson. He is the one fighter who truly admires and respects the past greats and is a top-notch analyst of fights. I've also said many times that I find it truly ironic that a fighter like Tyson, who DOES admire and respect the past greats, also has the fan base that admires and respects the past greats the least. I think if Tyson ever sat down and talked boxing with some of his rabid groupies he'd be appalled at the lack of respect they have toward the fighters he himself admires and would no doubt end up viewing his own fans with contempt.

Poet

Comment

Oh, and just to clue you in on "Boogie Knights": He's made it his life's mission to try and discredit Joe Louis. Much in the same way LRR tries to (and fails) to discredit Muhammed Ali. Any screaming he does about someone "hating" a fighter is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Poet

Comment

Thank you for quoating that: As I have him on ignore I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Apparently he's under the seriously mistaken impression that threads about a fighter are for slavish devotees. This is boxing forum, not a fan site. If he wishes to see a never ending stream of adulation I'm sure he can find numerous Tyson fan-sites on the net where he can rub noses with like-minded syncophants.

Now, as to whether I hate Tyson you should ask Iron Man about that: He's a Tyson fan who's NOT a nuthugger and can tell you that in serious discussions (as opposed to threads where I'm pissing of nuthuggers) I have always been fair to Tyson. Now I have little tolerance for his ignorant fan base, but that's a different issue. I've said this many times: Of all the living fighters and former fighters the one that I'd like to sit down over a cup of coffee and analyse old fight film with is Mike Tyson. He is the one fighter who truly admires and respects the past greats and is a top-notch analyst of fights. I've also said many times that I find it truly ironic that a fighter like Tyson, who DOES admire and respect the past greats, also has the fan base that admires and respects the past greats the least. I think if Tyson ever sat down and talked boxing with some of his rabid groupies he'd be appalled at the lack of respect they have toward the fighters he himself admires and would no doubt end up viewing his own fans with contempt.

Poet
                      idiot likes to suck up too as well as twist his story. Well, well, well i think it's our friend Poet who is under the seriously mistaken impression that im a nuthugger. Sad man he is.

Really how it started with me and him was when I called him out to answer me with facts when he cooked up a story that Tyson was ducking Tony Tucker who dissapeared for 2 years after that fight and came 30 pounds above his normal weight for his next fight.

He also dismissed tyson's 1st round victories over Carl Williams and Alex stewart as nothing more as wins over scared bums. Those same bums that went the distance with Holmes (Williams) and Holyfield, Foreman (Stewart)

When i wouldnt bend down to him like everybody does and called him out, Poet didnt like nobody talking back at him. After all when Poet has spoken, it's final and no poster here dare say anything or go againt his opinion.

Poet's style of dealing with someone who goes against his opinion

1) You're a cum drinking, **** itching, **** sucking, kool aid drinking cum dumping **** sucker
                      2) Im the smartest poster on this site, everybody else is a ****ing idiot how dare these kool aid drinking boys say anything. Im God on these forums
                      3) Put everyone who disagrees with him on ignore

Comment

Working...
                      X