Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remebering Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No dout Tyson was a special talent. And in his prime was a Brillant fighter. But some people will always overrate him, and boast about him to much and say how he would of destroyed any fighter in his prime etc, and how he was unbeatable. It will never stop.

Comment

This is just to piss the nuthuggers off:

Originally posted by Knighte View Post
      PLEASE DADDY! I'LL BE A GOOD BOY!

PLEASE MR. HOLYFIELD, DON'T HURT ME NO MORE!

YES MR. LEWIS, YOU ARE MY DADDY!

HERE MR. MCBRIDE, TAKE MY LUNCH MONEY!

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Unfortunately Tyson is not likely to be remembered for anything he did in the ring but rather by the demented fan-bois who persistantly tug on his nut-sack to this day.

Poet
        How are you going to be remembered? As some 40 year old white guy with a receding hair line .... reciting lame poetry over youtube.

Knighte your a plebian.

Comment

Originally posted by ekul_ View Post
          How are you going to be remembered? As some 40 year old white guy with a receding hair line .... reciting lame poetry over youtube.

Knighte your a plebian.
          Squeeze 'em a little bit harder fan-boi and you just might milk some Tyson juice out of those lemons

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Squeeze 'em a little bit harder fan-boi and you just might milk some Tyson juice out of those lemons

Poet
            40 years old, and still spouting that playground garbage. I feel embarassed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ekul_ View Post
              40 years old, and still spouting that playground garbage. I feel embarassed for you.
              And you're HOW old and still swinging on some athlete's nut-sack like a wide-eyed 10 year old?

Poet

Comment

He was the best I've ever seen for about 3 years & then it all went wrong...
                Without doubt, the most comical boxer of his generation (his quotes lol)

Comment

wow poet, are you 40 or 7?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    And not forgetting that for many of us he brought us into the sport.

December 16, 1995 was when I officially became a boxing fan. That was the date of the Tyson vs Buster Mathis fight. Luckily I was at my cousin's house that day and he was a huge boxing fan and ordered the ppv.

Just seeing Tyson walking to the ring looking all intimidating was enough for me to feel like this guy was something special. He had this aura about him where you just knew that he was a force of nature. The KO of Mathis just confirmed that this sport was exciting and that I shouldn't be missing out on major boxing events any longer.

I had to convince my parents to order the big fights at the beginning but when I got old enough to work, I ordered as many boxing matches as I could. And now I basically don't miss a single major boxing ppv ever.

If it weren't for Tyson I don't know if I would be a boxing fan today. I am forever grateful to Tyson and my cousin for introducing me to this great sport.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                      From a historical standpoint I guess you would have to say Dempsey is.

Ali is up there too, but due to the population explosion that came afterward Tyson beats him.
                      For me, Ali's popularity is unparelled. To this day he still recoginizable the world over and fighters are still trying to copy his style and personality.

Dempsey brought boxing to the masses but was more an American phenom than worldwide.

Tyson was a shooting star. His flame burnt bright, but it faded and is only a flicker compared to Ali, in my humble opinion.

Joe Louis' popularity was incredible as well, and for many years. But compared to Ali.....there is no comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X