Remebering Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
    Because it's true.

Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion at 21 years of age.

It speaks for itself.
    In that case Wilfred Benitez must be the greatest EVER p4p cuz he won his first world title at age 17: Over an ATG no less, Antonio Cervantes, while Tyson was winning HIS first title at 21 over one of the least deserving belt holders in Trevor Berbick.

Poet

Comment

What did you do at age 21? Were you knocking out fully fledged professional heavyweight boxers? Banking millions of pounds becoming a international superstar?

I didn't think so.

It wasn't just the fact Tyson did those things, but he did it with ease, no one could touch him, he was exciting, from the opening bell he was rabid and went at his opponents.

We evidently have differing opinions on what classes as a great and successful boxer. Let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

What did you do at age 21? Were you knocking out fully fledged professional heavyweight boxers? Banking millions of pounds becoming a international superstar?

I didn't think so.

It wasn't just the fact Tyson did those things, but he did it with ease, no one could touch him, he was exciting, from the opening bell he was rabid and went at his opponents.

We evidently have differing opinions on what classes as a great and successful boxer. Let's just agree to disagree.
        Well, since you're neither Benitez OR Tyson you're hardly in any position to talk. More to the point, you completely dodged the point I made regarding Benitez winning HID first title at 17 over an ATG. BTW? What did YOU do at 17? Drop out of high school and smoke dope on the street corner?

Poet

Comment

Because it's true.

Dude how can you utter those words with a straight face? He was beaten like a red headed stepchild by good and bad fighters alike. If you ask me it was damn generous of poet to rank him even tenth.

Comment

Poet, don't take this the wrong way, but do you not have anything else better to do?

You're on this place 24/7. Seriously mate, you say you are 40, are you even employed?

Stop acting like a bitter old redneck

Comment

1 of my fav in 90's

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                Poet, don't take this the wrong way, but do you not have anything else better to do?

You're on this place 24/7. Seriously mate, you say you are 40, are you even employed?

Stop acting like a bitter old redneck
                Sorry, but boxing is one of my passions: I've been following the sport keenly since the early 70s and can't forsee boring of it anytime soon. I would hazard to say I'm on this sight significantly less then some of those members who've been on here less than a year yet somehow have twice as many posts as I do.

Bitter old redneck? Huh? How do you arrive at that? I may be caustic with the morons and have little tolerence for nuthuggers so maybe you read that as bitter; but redneck? What, pray tell, is THAT supposed to mean? Is that some sort of racial inference? If it is then please tell the Klit-Lickers! They all think I hate white fighters (erroneously, as I couldn't care less what the ethnic background of a fighter is). Do explain!

Poet
                Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 04-25-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  And not forgetting that for many of us he brought us into the sport.

Hey homie, great tribute!

Tyson is also one of my all time favourite fighter.. He brought the world closer to boxing.. The man was a beast, Heavyweight champion before he was even allowed to drink..
                  Last edited by -Blackout-; 04-23-2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Because it's true.

Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion at 21 years of age.

It speaks for itself.
                    Floyd Patterson was unbeatable.

Comment

Tyson was the ultimate in his prime. Nuff respect to Mike, to bad he went off the ropes though could of been the greatest heavyweight of all time. Mike would of owned most HW's in his prime no doubt about it the guy was a monsterr in the ring

Comment

Working...
                      X