Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Joe Frazier, who'd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
    Against Moore he was off balance. Walcott could also take people's heads off especially if they didn't see it coming. Watch the Walcott-Charles KO. Marciano took a hellacious shots like that and came back to win. Frazier went down before Foreman and Ali.

Marciano would win this fight in the opening seconds of round 1.
    Disagree: It was a nice shot by Old Man Moore and Rocky's legs gave right out.

2:29 and continue on to the slow-motion replay

I think it would be a great fight; not sure who wins yet. I'll have to think about it some more even though I'm leaning towards one fighter right now.
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 04-13-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

frazier might hit the canvas once or twice but honestly, that left hook would have it's toll, especially after 15.

Comment

Marciano would win this thrilling encounter, because he was all Joe Frazier was and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          Frazier was also 5'11 with a 73 inch {?} reach unlike Lyle and Young who were both 6'2+
          Foreman was also a 200+ big, strong, HW.

Marciano was also more of an accumulation puncher and it wasn't like he was knocking out the big 200+ pound good fighters because he didn't fight any.

Look who he knocked out too: Moore, Walcott, and Charles were the big names. All were under 200 pound fighters and Charles and Moore especially were LH fighters. All were past their prime. All had been previously been in many battles/many fights and had all been knocked out.

Look at Walcott for instance: Walcott was knocked out by past-prime Joe Louis before Rocky got to him. Walcott also knocked out Charles before Rocky got to him. And do we have to continue with Moore?

Rocky had very good power, no question, but let's not get to ahead of ourselves.
          You can pick apart any fighter like you just did here so Iīm just gonna ignore this bollocks.

frazier might hit the canvas once or twice but honestly, that left hook would have it's toll, especially after 15.
          It wouldnīt have its toll if Frazier wouldnīt even make it out of the opening seconds of the first round.

Comment

Rocky Marciano KO1 anyone who ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
              You can pick apart any fighter like you just did here so Iīm just gonna ignore this bollocks.

It wouldnīt have its toll if Frazier wouldnīt even make it out of the opening seconds of the first round.
              lol....I'd sooner bet my money on rocky hitting the canvas in the first. Who did Rocky fight that is anywhere near a prime Frazier.

Even when it comes to stamina, I'd still bet on Frazier, more power, more speed, equal workrate and in this fight, the better chin. Foreman's the only guy who destroyed Frazier, he would have done the same to Rocky, as would have Liston.

Comment

Probably the closest to a Frazier vs Marciano match-up both fighters had stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                  Rocky once got bitten by a black widow. After two days of agonising pain the black widow died.

Btw, I favour Frazier to win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    lol....I'd sooner bet my money on rocky hitting the canvas in the first. Who did Rocky fight that is anywhere near a prime Frazier.
                    That argument is always bollocks because the same can be said about fighter b.
                    Plus itīs not required to have beaten a similar fighter before. It happens all the time, a fighter fights a certain type of fighter he never fought before and he wins.

Even when it comes to stamina, I'd still bet on Frazier, more power, more speed, equal workrate and in this fight, the better chin. Foreman's the only guy who destroyed Frazier, he would have done the same to Rocky, as would have Liston.
                    Bollocks. Nobody had more stamina than Marciano. More power? Marciano had more power and MORE punches compared to left hook/only/Frazier. Speed is close and chin goes to Rocky as well. Frazier displayed chicken legs in every fight.

Maybe the thread starter should give Marciano a bigger challenge than a few seconds of quick work here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                      A troll comment and youtube vids. You are one of the worst posters around.

Comment

Working...
                      X