Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Joe Frazier, who'd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
    Against Moore he was off balance. Walcott could also take people's heads off especially if they didn't see it coming. Watch the Walcott-Charles KO. Marciano took a hellacious shots like that and came back to win. Frazier went down before Foreman and Ali.

Marciano would win this fight in the opening seconds of round 1.

This post must be a joke.

Rocky got knocked down by a freaking former middleweight (Archie Moore). It took him all night of banging on the heads of natural light heavyweights to bring them down.

Frazier took open shots from George Foreman and got up six times.

if big George Foreman hit little Rocky Marciano once he would release his bladder and fall into a coma.
    Last edited by Omega-Red; 04-13-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Red View Post
      Frazier took open shots from George Foreman and got up six times.
      Is this supposed to be an accomplishment? Getting beaten into the ground like a reheaded stepchild is nothing to be proud of. You must be a V-Klitschko fan mate.

Comment

Is this supposed to be an accomplishment? Getting beaten into the ground like a reheaded stepchild is nothing to be proud of. You must be a V-Klitschko fan mate.
        it's not an accomplishment, it shows his chin.

You live in fantasy land, Marciano was hit by an assorted collection of munchkins, how in the world are you going to compare their chins.

Comment

A troll comment and youtube vids. You are one of the worst posters around.
          Says Slimey Limey who never responded to my arguments in a previous thread and could only come up with childish insults.

I have never seen a single meaningful post from you. Even in this thread you're suggesting that Marciano would knock Frazier out in a matter of seconds which must be a joke. Laughable.

Comment

I saw Frazier unable to hurt Foreman with his left hook yet Lyle and Young knocked him down several times with right hands. Marciano´s right was harder than both lads.

Those 2 fights were after the Ali fight. Foreman wasnt the same fighter after the Ali fight. He never struggled like that pre-Ali. After the Ali beatdown he wasnt the same.

Comment

For what it's worth I agree with ya, Slimey Limey. Marciano is so undervalued on this forum it's ridiculous. It's almost as though his perfect record and unparallelled KO percentage prompt neophyte fans to immediately attempt to tear him down. Why so many people are so terrified and intimidated by sparkling success is one life's little mysteries.. I'm just glad I'm not that way!

Joe Frazier gets all my respect, but he is essentially a one-armed fighter whereas Marciano, in additioning to possessing all the attributes (and more!) that made Frazier great, had genuine two-fisted KO power. It would have taken a Foreman or Tua type behemoth to stop him.

Frazier would have absorbed so much punishment against a raging swarming tireless bomb-throwing Marciano, his corner would have thrown in the towel mid-fight.

Comment

Frazier would have absorbed so much punishment against a raging swarming tireless bomb-throwing Marciano, his corner would have thrown in the towel mid-fight.
                You guys are in fantasy land, who did Marciano take consistent punishment from that hit as hard as Frazier? Archie Moore? Ezzard Charles? Jersey Joe Walcott? hahaha, most of these guys aren't even pure heavyweights. Is this why Marciano's chin is revered? Because he took consistent punishment from these guys?

Imagine a former middle weight like Archie Moore knocking Joe Frazier on his butt .

I also like how people keep bringing up Marciano's undefeatedness as if retiring really early is some kind of accomplishment.

He fought 5 freaking people after he won the title and then retired. Ali could have jumped out after as many fights as well, so could Tyson, Holyfield Holmes (more than twice as long) Dempsey, Joe louis, you get the point, it's no accomplishment, just Boxing trivia.

Rocky really got out JUST IN TIME to avoid up and coming young Sonny Liston, a REAL heavyweight.

Rocky Marciano, the guy that beats on LITTLE OLD men.
                Last edited by Omega-Red; 04-13-2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Eh, they are pretty even. Really too tough to realistically call.

Still this match up always reminds me of Frazier's problems with Quarry in the early rounds. Before his usual gassing and injuries popped up, Quarry was able to back up Joe up with his physical power and tough smothering in fighting. I think Marciano could do the same for all 15 rounds and would favor him by a close decision in a war.

Comment

Marciano definitely matches up better with Frazier, at his best around 203, than he does with Tyson. I see a brutal war, with both guys visiting the canvas more than once. The result being determined by which era they're fighting in, as in Frazier's (or today) Rocky has more of a chance to be stopped on cuts.

Comment

I think a prime Frazier would win the one.

Comment

Working...
                      X