No announcement yet.

Most Intimating Heavyweight Ever???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Personally, if I had to fight one of them Louis would probably be the most likely to intimidate me. I would seriously question whether I would even be alive the next day.

Poet
    I think some over look Louis for this list because he had a cool demeanor and had a nice

However, what they over-look is how he fought. He was Controlled Rage.

I could only imagine what went through Schmeling's mind in the rematch. A determined Louis is not someone you want to face.

Louis enters the ring, calm and collective. You look to him and he looks to you but the difference is his eyes are piercing through yours and his face, emotionless but you get the sense this Man is bringing hell to you and through you. Bell Rings and he slowly comes forward and with each step, destruction gets closer like a Tornado coming towards you. You see the Tornado slowly moving forward from a distance, you feel the wind crashing against your body along with the piss that is spraying back at your shriveled up testicles. It's getting closer and it still appears slow but it feels fast. Confusion sets in and the Tornado is here and there is no shelter to hide and............................................... ................................**** and Piss smell aromatizes the arena with what is left of you on the canvas.

Comment

In his prime he was called "The Perfect Fighting Machine". I think it's no secret Louis is my all-time favorite fighter.

Poet
      In his prime Louis was a machine, i don't now about the perfect fighting one. As no fighter has ever been perfect, Ray Robinson comes close do.

I have virtually all of Louis's fight tapes, as i do most fighters and Louis is a joy to watch as i study him and learn from him. You're also not on your own his is also hard hitting David Tua's favourite fighter.<(A interesting little fact i thought you may not know)

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        I think some over look Louis for this list because he had a cool demeanor and had a nice

However, what they over-look is how he fought. He was Controlled Rage.

I could only imagine what went through Schmeling's mind in the rematch. A determined Louis is not someone you want to face.

Louis enters the ring, calm and collective. You look to him and he looks to you but the difference is his eyes are piercing through yours and his face, emotionless but you get the sense this Man is bringing hell to you and through you. Bell Rings and he slowly comes forward and with each step, destruction gets closer like a Tornado coming towards you. You see the Tornado slowly moving forward from a distance, you feel the wind crashing against your body along with the piss that is spraying back at your shriveled up testicles. It's getting closer and it still appears slow but it feels fast. Confusion sets in and the Tornado is here and there is no shelter to hide and............................................... ................................**** and Piss smell aromatizes the arena with what is left of you on the canvas.
        I almost wet my pants reading that.

Poet

Comment

In his prime he was called "The Perfect Fighting Machine". I think it's no secret Louis is my all-time favorite fighter.

Poet
          In his prime Louis was a machine, i don't now about the perfect fighting one. As no fighter has ever been perfect, Ray Robinson comes close do.

I have virtually all of Louis's fight tapes, as i do most fighters and Louis is a joy to watch as i study him and learn from him. You're also not on your own his is also hard hitting David Tua's favourite fighter.<(A interesting little fact i thought you may not know)

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post

Tyson also was more skilled and a better boxer than the 70s version of George having fought the better competition. George was just a big guy who was bullying the **** out of those smaller guys.
            Ummm, Huh?!

Joe Frazier and Ken Norton?

lol I'd put Lyle and even Wepner over most of Tyson's competiton (Lets see most of those guys go 10 rounds with Sonny Liston and then put Ali on his butt like Wepner did.

i think the 80s version of tyson was the most intimidating when he used just walk through guys. Liston and Foreman without a question are up there with Tyson, but i think mike edged them. Liston had a face and complexion that would send chills, and while he had a great punch and frightening reel of kos he didnt get guys out there in a fashion in which Mike did. As viscious as he was he never said how much he enjoyed pushing people's noses in their brains.

Personally I've always found silence more intimidating (Liston Foreman) especially with that voice Tyson had but Tyson was definitely pretty intimidating in the ring.
            Last edited by res; 04-08-2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Foreman and Tyson are both good choices but I agree: Liston was "THE MAN" when it came to intimidation.

Shout out to Joe Louis too: Some dude wet his pants over facing Joe, and King Levinsky was so terrified fighting Louis he had to be half carried half pushed down to the ring by his cornermen.

Poet
              Louis is at the top of the heap when it comes to great fighters but I could never see him as intimidating with that face

Comment

Sonny Liston

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...e=UTF8&s=books

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                  Louis is at the top of the heap when it comes to great fighters but I could never see him as intimidating with that face
                  I hear ya but it is what he is capable of.

Both liked to smile

But inside:

As a Pro fighter though, you should wipe this out of your mind and focus on what you have to do.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 04-08-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                    Ummm, Huh?!

Joe Frazier and Ken Norton?

lol I'd put Lyle and even Wepner over most of Tyson's competiton (Lets see most of those guys go 10 rounds with Sonny Liston and then put Ali on his butt like Wepner did.

Personally I've always found silence more intimidating (Liston Foreman) especially with that voice Tyson had but Tyson was definitely pretty intimidating in the ring.
                    i should have clarified a little better. I was talking how george was the underdog against frazier, and i said put tyson in George's place and he would be the favorite. I was comparing George's record pre Frazier fight. Foreman came in with a perfect record of 37-0. but who out of those 37 represented anything dangerous? Peralta or Chuvalo? Mike came in 37-0 against Douglas, but by then he made 9 title defenses against ranked contenders and unified the belts. Better record? by a mile.

Foreman's record was stuffed with nobodies, hence why he was an underdog against Frazier. Like i said Tyson proved to be a monster against more serious competition than Foreman has fought before frazier. But let's not kid ourselves, even today Foreman is ranked higher than Tyson on most lists because of his comeback. Frazier, Norton, Lyle are tough guys, but do they beat Tyson? i think the other way around. I always gave Norton more credit than others have, but just because he had that great trilogy with Ali, doesnt mean he was unbeatable. He was ko'd 4 times. Lyle wouldnt be afraid, but would he be a match for Tyson of the 80's? Those who hate Tyson will say yes.

The edge that Foreman holds over tyson in terms of overall resume is the Frazier fight. First and second. Anything else is just disrespect to tyson.

Wepner.....LOL. Come on.....come on. Wepner was good at taking punishment. He wasnt in the league of Pinky, Tucker, Spinks, Tubbs, Ruddock, or even the man Tyson lost to, Douglas. tyson's resume is extremely underated. Extremely.
                    Last edited by Boogie Nights; 04-08-2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                      i should have clarified a little better. I was talking how george was the underdog against frazier, and i said put tyson in George's place and he would be the favorite. I was comparing George's record pre Frazier fight. Foreman came in with a perfect record of 37-0. but who out of those 37 represented anything dangerous? Peralta or Chuvalo? Mike came in 37-0 against Douglas, but by then he made 9 title defenses against ranked contenders and unified the belts? Better record.....by a mile.

Foreman's record was stuffed with nobodies, hence why he was an underdog against Frazier. Like i said Tyson proved to be a monster against more serious competition than Foreman has fought before frazier. But let's not kid ourselves, even today Foreman is ranked higher than Tyson on most lists because of his comeback. Frazier, Norton, Lyle are tough guys, but do they beat Tyson? i think the other way around. I always gave Norton more credit than others have, but just because he had that great trilogy with Ali, doesnt mean he was unbeatable. He was ko'd 4 times. Lyle wouldnt be afraid, but would he be a match for Tyson of the 80's? Those who hate Tyson will say yes.

The edge that Foreman holds over tyson in terms of overall resume is the Frazier fight. First and second. Anything else is just disrespect to tyson.

Wepner.....LOL. Come on.....come on. Wepner was good at taking punishment. He wasnt in the league of Pinky, Tucker, Spinks, Tubbs, or even the man Tyson lost to, Douglas. tyson's resume is extremely underated. Extremely.

I'd say the edge was Frazier, Norton and Lyle

You compared Wepner to Tyson's competition and then started comparing the others to Tyson himself.

The underrating of Tyson's resume, if it is underrated, is due both to unfortunate realities and to understandable objections. Tucker could have been an impressive guy but his career never got off the ground like it should have. Alot of people have a beef with Spinks being a blown up light heavyweight even though I usually don't bring it up. Spinks probably had good reason to duck Tucker. These kinds of things effect the perception od tyson's resume.

I wonder how it would have effected early Tyson's murderous reputation if Spinks had taken that fight and gotten beaten and then Tyson had to face Tucker for the title. Instead of Tyson's signature fight being a 90 second blow out It might have been a 10 round decision over a man that fought him back bravely, although he was obviously outclassed.
                      Last edited by res; 04-08-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X