Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Floyd Mayweather jr. vs. prime 'Battling' Nelson @ 135. Who takes it???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these 50 rounds 3 minutes each? Also, you floyd nuthuggers have to stop acting like he's jesus christ on steroids, to say he wouldn't get even hit by nelson, makes you look like a complete twats. Saying that, floyd would obviously win, with current day rules, quite easily too. But with old school, i.e. 50 rounds, i can only see one winner, Nelson; floyd would have witnessed nothing like it. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
      you are the uninformed one

fighters back then fought at a slow, slow pace, (im talking nelsons era) todays fighters throw way more punches and also move around the ring much more
      This isn't goimg to be a 12 round fightbwe're talking about here. Any fighter who isn't smart enough to pace himself and just goes for broke in 12 is a fool. You keep acting like this would be under modern rules.....it isn't

floyd would just batter nelson senseless, in the street, in 2009, in 1906, whatever..... you just dont know enough about boxing or about anything really to understand this

Lol, I have no doubt my knowledge of boxing and its history are more than qualified to make valid arguments. You on the other hand.....you just keep appling guess work like the above.

i dont underestimate those fighters toughness, but tough aint enough

You under estimate the their toughness and skill while overrrating fighters of today in comparison.

floyd would be bigger even if both weighed in on the day of the fight as they did back then, taller, longer arms and the fact he trained hard and dieted to get to 135 (while nelson probably weighed around that naturally) would mean he is the bigger, stronger man
      Bat has already disposed of this drivel.

nelson lead with hsi head, and would be in for a ridiculously brutal beating, even the referees of that day would be spurred to stop it, seeing as how nelson would probably just keep getting up- although he'd probably stay down eventually, he never fought anyone who hit as hard as floyd-
      More guesswork without a shred of proof to show otherwise. Just Brilliant!!

and no im not saying floyd is a dynamite KO artist, its just that fighters then werent as explosive or strong, anyone with half a brain knows this
      anyone with half a brain know how stupid you are for even typing something to ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        anyone with half a brain know how stupid you are for even typing something to ******ed.
        Jab, he considers only two factors: Size and how "modern" the fighter is. For people who worship at the alter of so-called "progress" each generation is automatically superior exponentially to the previous one. It's all ****e, of course, but that's his world-view and he clings to it with all the fervour of the most fanatical religeous true-believer. As for size, well, if you're trying to debate a size-whore there is no point as he will never get past size as the determining factor.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Jab, he considers only two factors: Size and how "modern" the fighter is. For people who worship at the alter of so-called "progress" each generation is automatically superior exponentially to the previous one. It's all ****e, of course, but that's his world-view and he clings to it with all the fervour of the most fanatical religeous true-believer. As for size, well, if you're trying to debate a size-whore there is no point as he will never get past size as the determining factor.
          Poet
          The ridiculous thing here is that there really isn't any sizedifference whatsoever since the weigh-in is in the ring!

Comment

I don't see this going past the first, Mayweather would gatti this guy badly

Comment

I'd pick Nelson to wear him down between rounds 30 and 40. He literally could fight all day long.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...e=UTF8&s=books

Comment

Originally posted by MarkScott View Post
                I'd pick Nelson to wear him down between rounds 30 and 40. He literally could fight all day long.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...e=UTF8&s=books
                I actually made a slight error in the opening post. The championship distance wasn't 50 rounds. It was 45. Not that it would matter much. The distance is still formidable.

I wonder if anybody knows the development of championship distance? When did it go down from 45 and to what?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I actually made a slight error in the opening post. The championship distance wasn't 50 rounds. It was 45. Not that it would matter much. The distance is still formidable.

I wonder if anybody knows the development of championship distance? When did it go down from 45 and to what?
                  It varied. Dempsey's two bouts with Tunney were schedualed for 10 rounds yet a number of Louis' early title defenses were schedualed for 20.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    It varied. Dempsey's two bouts with Tunney were schedualed for 10 rounds yet a number of Louis' early title defenses were schedualed for 20.

Poet
                    I know about the Dempsey vs. Tunney distance. It's pretty odd. 10 rounds for the HW championship is probably the shortest distance ever. I've always wondered how that distance was agreed upon?

I would love to see some sort of chronological order of championship distances. I wonder if anyone knows enough to make a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I know about the Dempsey vs. Tunney distance. It's pretty odd. 10 rounds for the HW championship is probably the shortest distance ever. I've always wondered how that distance was agreed upon?

I would love to see some sort of chronological order of championship distances. I wonder if anyone knows enough to make a thread?
                      I think it was one of Dempsey's stipulations as I don't think he felt he could go longer than that anymore. I suppose the chronology could be pieced together using BoxRec.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X