Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano Vs Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis Vs Marciano would be like this, Marciano rushes in, Lennox donks him on the head, marciano's feet disapear into the canvas, lennox hits him on the head a couple more times, like hammering a nail into a sheet of ply, then lennox knocks little rocky's head off with a stiff jab. Fight over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder Lips View Post
      Yeah, Ali has at least four inches on Marciano; not sure how this is suppose to be shocking news. I also suggested the picture I posted was very flattering. Not sure how that hurts his credibility anyway. A shorter 185 lb man rocked Ali about as hard as anybody.

Ali and Foreman are also roughly the same size, like a 4 lb difference here.

You should educate yourself on Willard. Again, he was known for his conditioning. Manchine has also posted fairly impressive footage of him.

Yes, as weightlifting and body sculpting has increased in popularity among fighters you'll probably see more and more measurements like Taylor's and Lacey's. They are very muscular fighters with trim waists and large arms. Foreman and Marciano did little if any weight training during their prime they were naturally that thick.
      that was my point, Ali and Foreman have the same size frame, Foreman having bigger arms/muscle is about it. Why else would I bring that computer fight up.

Comment

• http://www.truveo.com/Jess-Willard-v...5/id/721668583

Link to Willard/Johnson; some revealing footage beyond the knockout. Willard hardly looks like the slow unskilled oaf some would like to make him out to be.

Comment

http://www.truveo.com/Jess-Willard-v...5/id/721668583

Link to Willard/Johnson; some revealing footage beyond the knockout. Willard hardly looks like the slow unskilled oaf some would like to make him out to be.
          honestly he looks worse than Valuev, I'm serious. Lunging in with his chin up and flailing his arms.
          Last edited by them_apples; 03-14-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Yes, as weightlifting and body sculpting has increased in popularity among fighters you'll probably see more and more measurements like Taylor's and Lacey's. They are very muscular fighters with trim waists and large arms. Foreman and Marciano did little if any weight training during their prime they were naturally that thick. We've seen how huge Holyfield got weight training and dieting; even older Foreman. Sorry, I can't see why a fighter weighing 185ish while being that trim couldn't at least reach 200 lbs with more weight training theoretically of course. Silly to rule out.
            Being the nuthugger that you are i thought you'd bring some sense to it at least in regards to your favourite fighter, but you rub off on different points just so you can overule someone else's opinion. You fail my friend.

Here's something for you on the subject of weighlifting. while it's great that you trying to leave cum stains near every sentence that has marciano's name in it, sorry to dissapoint you but they werent born like that.

Rocky was athletic himself and was on the baseball team in High School. He also said that he worked out with homemade weights as a kid and later on after the army(where he too was keeping in shape i would assume) as a method to loose weight and get in better condition. that's not exactly throwing around a 100lb barbell around but you get the picture.

Foreman was also on a high school football team, and by age 16 was in Lyndon Johnson's programme where he worked construction and forestry. try making a living for a couple of days doing that and then get back to me.

those guys didnt just put their ass off the couch one day and got into the boxing ring looking like herculian beasts.

As for Taylor and Lacy, Taylor doesnt even look like the guy that does any weight training. He was always a tall middleweight but with lanky muscle mass, not like Pavlik but he didnt have the the hard physique of a weight lifter. You looking through nuthuggers goggles in desperation to prove your point, but it's getting embarrassing by each and every post you make.

as for lacy whether or not you wanna take his word for it, he said many times before that he got his physique by doing a lot of calisthenics and working with medicine ball without doing weightlifting. (i would assume that weights were obviously involved, but according to him it was not the deal maker). Lacy looks like he's got that natural build anyway.

but the point aint about who lifted weights, who was natural, who was roided up, this that, the point is that those guys look bigger, and are bigger so if you aint got anything wiser to contribute without looking like an ass, it would be wiser to say nothing at all.
            Last edited by Boogie Nights; 03-14-2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATE View Post
              Boxing historians will sing Marciano's praises till the pyramids are dust, and there ain't **** you can do about it. Hurts, doesn't it?
              sure historians like Bert 'im ******ed' sugar

like i ever gave a **** about his opinion or any other Historian's for that matter.

but it's nice to see people who are totally unware but ever so willing to eat whatever comes out of some old fart's mouth. Gotta have you own head screwed on securely kiddo.
              Last edited by Boogie Nights; 03-14-2009, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knighte View Post
                I'm tired of arguing about Marciano. Even a brain dead phucktard like Boogie Nights is entitled to his own opinion. I don't understand why Rocky's detracters keep these threads alive.. there will always be guys that despise the Rock and guys that idolize him, and like Plate says the boxing historians will ultimately have the last word.
                Look i dont know what your story is and i dont wanna know, obviously you have a lot of brain cells missing. when you stop plugging your ass hole with Rocky's pipe get back to me.

the threads are here for discussion, dont like it gtfo

simple

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                To bad there is no middle ground with you guys. I have no problem giving him his due, but there is no way he beats any of the 3 fighters mentioned in this thread.
                the bolded part i agree with

but

im actually a fan of marciano and i dont consider him overated. the only time i have a problem is when when above posters come in here with these redicilous claims about him punching just as hard or harder then foreman, being the same size, being a top 5 all time great heavyweight, a world beater, the top puncher etc. it's absolute bull**** and i will call people out on it. and these people dont realize that in the process of this nuthuggery they disrespect other fighters. these guys got absolutely no respect for lewis, tyson or holyfield and it's sad to even try and reason with these people. (my last post in this thread, i had enough)

i have a collection of marciano films and i enjoy watching the guy.

my opinion of him is a simple one, and i would hope fair as well. He was the king for his time, fought who was available, made much more of his limited abilities, and retired undefeated. his record is not the most inspirational one, and guys he fought were his seniors and near the end of their careers, but he beat them.

he deserves to be a top ten heavyweight near the end of that list. anything more than that is pushing it.

P.S LMAOO, i see poet's **** jokes finally got him banned eh. the guy was the biggest tool on this site, i dont think it's permanent but i certainly hope it is.
                Last edited by Boogie Nights; 03-14-2009, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                  Being the nuthugger that you are i thought you'd bring some sense to it at least in regards to your favourite fighter, but you rub off on different points just so you can overule someone else's opinion. You fail my friend.

Here's something for you on the subject of weighlifting. while it's great that you trying to leave cum stains near every sentence that has marciano's name in it, sorry to dissapoint you but they werent born like that.

Rocky was athletic himself and was on the baseball team in High School. He also said that he worked out with homemade weights as a kid and later on after the army(where he too was keeping in shape i would assume) as a method to loose weight and get in better condition. that's not exactly throwing around a 100lb barbell around but you get the picture.

Foreman was also on a high school football team, and by age 16 was in Lyndon Johnson's programme where he worked construction and forestry. try making a living for a couple of days doing that and then get back to me.

those guys didnt just put their ass off the couch one day and got into the boxing ring looking like herculian beasts.

As for Taylor and Lacy, Taylor doesnt even look like the guy that does any weight training. He was always a tall middleweight but with lanky muscle mass, not like Pavlik but he didnt have the the hard physique of a weight lifter. You looking through nuthuggers goggles in desperation to prove your point, but it's getting embarrassing by each and every post you make.

as for lacy whether or not you wanna take his word for it, he said many times before that he got his physique by doing a lot of calisthenics and working with medicine ball without doing weightlifting. (i would assume that weights were obviously involved, but according to him it was not the deal maker). Lacy looks like he's got that natural build anyway.

but the point aint about who lifted weights, who was natural, who was roided up, this that, the point is that those guys look bigger, and are bigger so if you aint got anything wiser to contribute without looking like an ass, it would be wiser to say nothing at all.
                  I don't think Taylor was a big lifter.

Foreman in his comeback lifted weights though, as you could see he had the genetics for it..20 inch arms..

Comment

• Boogie Nights,

There is no need for insults. At any rate, Marciano gave up all weight lifting very early in his boxing career. Foreman also claims to have done very little during his first run. Not sure I implied anywhere that they got up off the couch and into the ring, obviously they trained as boxers and had been involved in sports most of their life.

Its also important to note that these are mostly muscle measurements and Lacy/Taylor are simply more muscular sculpted fighters; natural or not but its doubtful. Foreman and Maricano were trim and solid but they weren't bulging with muscles. Fighters today in general carry much more overall muscle mass, this could be because of diet, more weight lifting, or other things. Rocky himself lived off steak and potatoes which is frowned upon today.
                    Last edited by Thunder Lips; 03-15-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      He doesn't have a single elite fighter that is anywhere close to his prime on his resume

I have to say that this is alot of spin, and it is inconceivable that it is coming from a Tyson defender.

Three of Rocky's opponents were dominating the Boxing scene of their day and were not considered over the hill untill Rocky made them look that way. Then all the revisionists came along. Now obviously Joe Louis was, but even that was more impressive than Lewis' win over a completely shot Mike Tyson (who was not himself a great anyway).

Comment

Working...
                      X