rocky marciano vs bernard hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS IS RUBBISH,

Rocky Would beat The Crap out of B Hop.
    This match up shows how little you know about Rocky.
    Stop embarrising yourself and learn more about Rocky, Because you lack knowledge.The Only 2 fighters i see giving Rocky trouble is Foreman and Ali, And no way in hell is B-Hop in there league.

After Joe Louis Was KOed by Rocky he Said
    "I Would have lost to Rocky even in my prime, His style is just not good for me"

Walcott After Rocky fight.
    "I have fought men , and the next morning i have had pain on a rib or on my jaw, But Rocky is the only man that when i woke up , i felt like i was put through a meat grinder"

B-Hop , is Great but he doesn't stand a chance in the ring with Rocky, This is the last time i am commenting on this subject because its so laughable.

Learn more about Rocky, and you will laugh that you even considered B - Hop beating him.

and you say what did rocky have?

well He had his Right hand, His Left hand, Incredible stamina , amazing heart ,A Will to Always Win, Iron chin, and he also had a record of 49-0 and B-Hop would not make it
    49 - 1 LMFAO

WHAT A JOKE
    Last edited by 0Rooster4Life0; 02-05-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Archie Moore

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
        Marciano beats Hopkins in a 15 round fight just like he beat Walcott, Charles and Moore.

Nothing to do with his skill (although he was a little as a boxer than given credit for) but rather his strength, power, conditioning and heart.

Prime Hopkins weighs only 160 lbs so I assume we are talking about the 40+ year old 180+ lb version who I doubt would be able to keep up with Rocky for 15 rounds. He couldn't do it for 12 with Calzaghe.

yea but Calzaghe is quick, looking at Pavlik you would think he couldn't keep up with him ether (slow pressure fighter) Hopkins is quicker than Marciano and he's taller+reach.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
          THIS IS RUBBISH,

Stop embarrising yourself and learn more about Rocky, Because you lack knowledge.The Only 2 fighters i see giving Rocky trouble is Foreman and Ali, And no way in hell is B-Hop in there league.
          I don't think it's an impossible thought actually.

40 year old Hopkins weighs about the same as Rocky and is more skilled, the problem is he doesn't have a chance of keeping it up for 15 rounds against Marciano like Walcott, Charles and Moore couldn't.

The smaller guys are sometimes harder to fight than the bigger heavyweights as Billy Conn showed against Louis, Cooper against Ali, Charles and Moore against Marciano and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
            THIS IS RUBBISH,

After Joe Louis Was KOed by Rocky he Said
            "I Would have lost to Rocky even in my prime, His style is just not good for me"

Walcott After Rocky fight.
            "I have fought men , and the next morning i have had pain on a rib or on my jaw, But Rocky is the only man that when i woke up , i felt like i was put through a meat grinder"

B-Hop , is Great but he doesn't stand a chance in the ring with Rocky, This is the last time i am commenting on this subject because its so laughable.

Learn more about Rocky, and you will laugh that you even considered B - Hop beating him.

and you say what did rocky have?

well He had his Right hand, His Left hand, Incredible stamina , amazing heart ,A Will to Always Win, Iron chin, and he also had a record of 49-0 and B-Hop would not make it
            49 - 1 LMFAO

WHAT A JOKE

stop embarrassing yourself and nuthugging rocky

Walcott was a LHW, Walcott would have beat on rocky's bones given he didn't drop his hands (presumably from gassing due to old age).

You seem to think Rocky will have some massive size advantage, which he won't, he was a cruiser weight, and a small one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              yea but Calzaghe is quick, looking at Pavlik you would think he couldn't keep up with him ether (slow pressure fighter) Hopkins is quicker than Marciano and he's taller+reach.
              The problem with Pavlik is that he is afraid to throw when someone throws punches at him. Hopkins' took away all of his workrate with counter punching and movement.

Walcott, Charles and Moore did the same to Marciano but they just couldn't keep him off them for the full 15 round distance and it's not because they were lesser boxers than Hopkins was.

Look at this for example, Moore counter punches well, moves well but he just can't hurt Rocky enough to make him go backwards.

Comment

stop embarrassing yourself and nuthugging rocky

Walcott was a LHW, Walcott would have beat on rocky's bones given he didn't drop his hands (presumably from gassing due to old age).

You seem to think Rocky will have some massive size advantage, which he won't, he was a cruiser weight, and a small one at that.
                Actually Walcott never weighed less than 190 lbs in his career. He was always a heavyweight and bigger than Marciano.

Moore and Charles were former light heavyweights though, although they actually mostly fought at 180-190 lbs against top heavyweights. They just could make the 175 lbs weight limit as well.

Comment

The problem with Pavlik is that he is afraid to throw when someone throws punches at him. Hopkins' took away all of his workrate with counter punching and movement.

Walcott, Charles and Moore did the same to Marciano but they just couldn't keep him off them for the full 15 round distance and it's not because they were lesser boxers than Hopkins was.

Look at this for example, Moore counter punches well, moves well but he just can't hurt Rocky enough to make him go backwards.

I don't know, i'm still not convinced, even Calzaghe almost lost to Hopkins and he was throwing punches non stop. I don't think Rocky would be quick enough to land any convincing shots on a defensive boxer like B-Hop. Another factor is all the clinching and tangling up Hopkins would endow on Marciano, especially with his height advantage.

Comment

can you tell me how the slow telegraphed right hand of Marciano is going to find its way to Bernard Hopkins chin.
                    I see your point. itd prob have to be a 15 rounder as it did take him 13 rounds and 43 seconds to land that perfect one on the extreemly elusive and slipery walcott

Comment

Actually Walcott never weighed less than 190 lbs in his career. He was always a heavyweight and bigger than Marciano.

Moore and Charles were former light heavyweights though, although they actually mostly fought at 180-190 lbs against top heavyweights. They just could make the 175 lbs weight limit as well.
                      Box rec has him coming in as low as 158 for some of his fights.

he also has a slew of early fights that look to be about super middleweight by todays standards..

Comment

Working...
                      X