No announcement yet.

Foreman Vs Marciano (Who Would Win?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minion View Post
    As for Prime Marciano. Unlike Frazier and Tyson, he weights alot less. SIGNICANTLY less, at about 185lbs iirc.
    One thing to remember though is Marciano seriously cut down to get to his weight now with the fat traning they have now he would probably be 220lb-230lb. I would pick Foreman by KO within 5 rounds.

Comment

Marciano has never been hurt? It's not like he's never been down. But he's never been hurt against La Starza, Walcott, Ezzard Charles or Archie Moore? I think if Foreman hurts him, he stays hurt. Just too big.

Comment

Foreman. No fighter in the history of boxing who comes at Foreman would survive. I'd give Bowe the best chance, but he would still lose.

Comment

Originally posted by KalboKO View Post
          Marciano has never been hurt? It's not like he's never been down. But he's never been hurt against La Starza, Walcott, Ezzard Charles or Archie Moore? I think if Foreman hurts him, he stays hurt. Just too big.
          Being actually hurt and just knocked down are two totally different things. I think Marciano was knocked down like once in his career and was back up like nothing happened to reign terror on Archie Moore. My reasoning is that if Muhammad Ali could sit back on the ropes and eventually KO a prime Foreman, an attacking and relentless power punching Marciano should be able to knock out George. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
            Foreman. No fighter in the history of boxing who comes at Foreman would survive. I'd give Bowe the best chance, but he would still lose.
            Prime Tyson? C'mon man.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
              Prime Tyson? C'mon man.
              It would look similar to Frazier, although a little longer. Maybe 3-4 rounds if Tyson tries to pressure him throughout. His only chance would be to box Foreman.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                  Prime Tyson? C'mon man.
                  Prime Tyson wouldn't of beat a prime Foreman in my honest opinion.

That out of the way, about Rocky's chance against Big George. First off Rocky was one of the toughest fighters all time. That in consideration I say the fight gets stopped mid rounds with Foreman coming out victorious. I see this happening in a rematch aswell. I love both fighters and I'd be cheering for Rocky each fight, but I just can't see him being able to get past a fight stoppage. Would Foreman knock him down? I like to think so but I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't. Does Rocky have the power to hurt Foreman? Yes, I do believe he does, that being said Foreman had one hell of a chin (even when he was older his chin remained).

Now consider a prime Rocky vs a old 80's comback Foreman. I this would be a more interesting fight. Because you have away Foreman's animal ferocity, and replace it with a pacing energy conserving fighting style. I think that change would favor Rocky in the long run. I could see Rocky pull off a decision against a old Foreman, as for the rematch, hmm toss up.

Very interesting dream match to say the least. I feel I speak for everyone when I was considering this fight in depth you can really appreciate both fighters toughness, and power.Both are greats no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                  X