Foreman Vs Marciano (Who Would Win?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terrible style matchup for rocky

Comment

Marciano is my favorite fighter and my choice for greatest heavyweight of all time (I take alot of crap for this), but I don't know what he'd do with a big lummox like George.

One thing in Marciano's favor is stamina; he was about the best conditioned man ever to step into a boxing ring. If he survived George's initial onslaught he would be sure to outwork George in the later rounds and possibly knock him out. Plus Marciano was a swarming fighter. He'd do his damndest to get right inside Foreman's pole like jab and unload power punches in bunches.

If the fight took place in modern times Rocky would probably step into the ring at over 200 lbs of muscle, and the extra weight would certainly be welcome.

Rocky did face a couple of gigantic boxers in his career (dispatching them easily), but none with the power of big George. And that's the thing, no one really knows how the Rock would've fared against a true power puncher.

In conclusion, I have no ****ing idea what would happen in this fight.

Comment

Foreman just too big,strong!!Rocky had great heart and an iron chin,but his straight foreward style would cause him against a prime Foreman!!

Comment

I dont like it when People compare Foreman-Frazier Bouts to Foreman-Tyson or Foreman-Marciano.

Frazier, Tyson and Marciano are all different fighters.

IMO, Tyson is better than Frazier, and Frazier is better than Marciano.

Frazier just did not have an answer for Foreman. Reason being they both rely on power shots. Foreman is slow, but Frazier is hardly fast. Which is why sooner or later Foreman would connect easily. Frazier's foward moving style had KTFO written all over it against Foreman. That is my opinion anyway

Which is why imo, Tyson's constant head movement and speed would be enough to take out Foreman. Would not be surprised if it would be another Foreman-Lyle, but this time Foreman getting KO'd.

As for Prime Marciano. Unlike Frazier and Tyson, he weights alot less. SIGNICANTLY less, at about 185lbs iirc.

Marciano also fought only 6 fighters who came in over the Modern-Day CW limit. And struggled against them all. An important note being these fighters were hardly anything special either.

Marciano also had a high-work rate, and often over-whelmed his opponnets. That said, sooner or later Foreman will land every now and again. I doubt Marciano would be KO'd, but he would probably be TKO'd.

Comment

I actually think that Marciano could win this. My theory is, if Tommy Morrison could make it out of 12 rounds with Foreman, so could Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
              I actually think that Marciano could win this. My theory is, if Tommy Morrison could make it out of 12 rounds with Foreman, so could Marciano.
              lol ?

We're talking Prime v Prime here son

Comment

It's a good proverbial matchup. It's just hard to pick against a guy that had never been hurt or beaten.

I have to go with Rocky, who had abnormal strength for his weight and ridiculous determination.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                  frazier is better than marciano.
                  surely you jest.

Comment

Such a fight could be a real disaster for Marciano...

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                      It's a good proverbial matchup. It's just hard to pick against a guy that had never been hurt or beaten.

I have to go with Rocky, who had abnormal strength for his weight and ridiculous determination.

Yup, me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X