Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the hardest punching Middleweight Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JugNutz has his whole reputation on the line! He might need insurance on it through Lloyd's of London. I would ask Ray to take it easy on this young man's reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      JugNutz has his whole reputation on the line! He might need insurance on it through Lloyd's of London. I would ask Ray to take it easy on this young man's reputation.
      your scenile hero has declined the challenge that's b/c he may not be as dumb as I thought...I would send him or anyone packing out of here if they were DUMB enough o take me up on it.....your the second dumbest guy on here which is about a few steps in back of Corso....think about it....

Comment

I could put up a video of myself holding a guitar, and anyone who wants to bet I cannot do it should start packing now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          I could put up a video of myself holding a guitar, and anyone who wants to bet I cannot do it should start packing now.
          The only bet of worth ,you can do is how to put a dvd in a blu ray.........

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
            Your rep is non-existent. The silly little comments you have made have been immortalised in my sig. Saying all the Wlad-Povetkin knockdowns occurred on the outside was the funniest. You said it like you really knew what you were talking about LOL, then ran like a ***** from the post where I showed every knockdown. Even had the arrogance to tell me to watch the fight like I was wrong!

I guess you didn't check the OTHER thread ?.OOOOPS @ YOU....

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
              I saw the rambling of a man trying to deny what was in front of him. The knockdowns were on the inside. All of them.
              The only CLEAN knock down was not an inside shot .Take the beer goggles off.....

Why don't you explain to me why Joshua at 6'6 250 who has excellent inside game and physically out muscle Wlad would fare better on the outside against Wlads jab and potential crushing left hook which he likes to throw off the jab ,since that was my original point in that match break down ? I can use a good laugh,lets see you RAMBLE through that one.......
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-09-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Julian Jackson. Nigel Benn is definitely up there. Hagler and Monzon hit pretty hard too. Hagler I know wasn't someone known for one punch KOs though.
                Last edited by Anthony342; 08-10-2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Julian Jackson. Nigel Benn is definitely up there. Hagler and Monzon hit pretty hard too. Hagler I know wasn't someone known for one punck KOs though.
                  Hagler and Monzon were guys who had big games and hit hard enough, but did not leave opponents quivering on canvas, piss dribbling from the corner of their trunks, like a Tommy Hearns did. Hearns punched harder and sharper than either Hagler or Monzon at any weight.

I am questioning Jackson now. Didn't someone say most of his huge KO's were at jr middle?

Rubin Hurricane Carter could punch. His problem was opponents would not stand there with him and trade punches like he wanted. For wised up opponents he was easy to outbox. He just followed a boxer around, his skill set at its dead end, as if any minute the opponent would settle down and trade punches. No clue in the world about how to cut a ring off. But I believe he punched harder than many on the voting poll.

Comment

There may be a fair number of folks who have never taken a good look at Carter in the ring. Wow, did he have punchers' muscles! His body looks among the hardest to ever enter a ring, and we all know boxers have harder bodies than athletes from any other sport. They had better have! Well, now that other combat sports are on the open market, these forms also have athletes with extraordinarily hard bodies, so they go in the same bracket with boxers. Among all combat sports, Carter would still rank among the hardest, if not the hardest.

Sometimes incredible musculature does not translate linearly into incredible punching power. Kenny Norton is probably a case in point. Norton was a good puncher, and probably somewhat underrated in that department. Norton had mighty strength. If a boxer was going to stand in front of him and make himself available, Kenny, with his strength and the opportunity to wind up, could probably punch nearly as hard as anyone. But in boxing at high levels you do not often have this opportunity to wind up. He had a great roster of opponents and avoided no one. He had big fights with highly elusive men or men whose punch was too mighty for his average chin.

With Carter I believe his musculature did translate directly into punching power. He had the kind of power that makes audiences go Oooooh!, even when he misses. Watch him. Tell me if he might not punch harder than Julian Jackson. Tell me he does not surely punch harder than Trinidad.

Comment

Need I say more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkK4ypC9VDE

Comment

Working...
                      X