These Guy's Were Perfect For Each Other To Show The Fans
    What They Were Made Of,both Guy's Gave It All Which Made For
    Excellent Fights.
    Rossman A Straight Up Jab,right Hand Fighter.solid Chin And
    Power In His Straight Right.
    Galendez Wide Looping Puncher,but Non Stop. You Needed A
    Anvil To The Head To Stagger Him.
    I Do Not Know Who Won The Rubber But Neither Do I Care
    Cause Their 3 Fights Were So Unpredictable And Full Of Action.
    Two Opposits Rossman A Good Lookin Guy With The Height
    And Reach Advantage. Galendez With His Scarred Up Face
    And His Non Stop Brawling Style. They Were Classics.let Me Know If Any Of You Guy's Remember Who Won The Rubber.
    Thanks,
    Rodhook

rossman and galindez

They had two fights and both in New Orleans. Rossman won the first fight by tko and Galindez won the rematch by tko. The first fight was a war, but the second one was a one-sided beating

Comment

RJJ was the best light heavyweight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJp4pbaby View Post
        RJJ was the best light heavyweight ever.
        Better than Moore, Charles, Tunney, Foster, Spinks? Lmao!!! Seriously, you either gotta do some homework or quit dispensing with the jokes. Goog God my stomach hurts from laughing at you!!

Comment

best lightheavys ever

Roy Jones was not the best light heavy ever. He's not even in the top 5.
          Top 5
          1. Ezzard Charles
          2. Gene Tunney
          3. Archie Moore
          4. Michael Spinks
          5. Bob Foster
          Joey Maxim and Billy Conn are not on this list because they ducked Moore and Charles. Ezzard never got a title shot at Lightheavy and Moore didn't get one until he was 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
            Top 5
            1. Ezzard Charles
            2. Gene Tunney
            3. Archie Moore
            4. Michael Spinks
            5. Bob Foster
            Joey Maxim and Billy Conn are not on this list because they ducked Moore and Charles. Ezzard never got a title shot at Lightheavy and Moore didn't get one until he was 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            How did Maxim duck Moore? He fought Moore 3 times.

Joey Maxim ducked no one.

Ezzard Charles (5x), Archie Moore (3x), Jersey Joe Walcott (3x), Sugar Ray Robinson, Floyd Patterson, Jimmy Bivins, Lloyd Marshall, Bob Satterfield, Eddie Machen, Maxim fought all of them and more.
            Last edited by TheGreatA; 10-28-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
              Top 5
              1. Ezzard Charles
              2. Gene Tunney
              3. Archie Moore
              4. Michael Spinks
              5. Bob Foster
              By the time Charles was a serious contender at 175 Conn was well past his prime and had already vacated his title.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Better than Moore, Charles, Tunney, Foster, Spinks? Lmao!!! Seriously, you either gotta do some homework or quit dispensing with the jokes. Goog God my stomach hurts from laughing at you!!
                If you are going by who would beat who, Roy is pretty damn high on that list. In terms of achievments..maybe not.

I'd give Spinks and Foster good chances of beating him though..if they caught him.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                  If you are going by who would beat who, Roy is pretty damn high on that list. In terms of achievments..maybe not.

I'd give Spinks and Foster good chances of beating him though..if they caught him.
                  I would give Jones a fair shot at any lightheavy in history. But if Im going to be honest when ranking him all time, there are many guys at 175 who's careers there were simply better. They faced better fighters, fought in better era's or were simply better fighters themselves (my opinion).

There has never been anyone more gifted in my opinion. But acheivments are what determines greatness. Not talent, and not who we think might have beat who.

Comment

Maxim lost to Charles three times before he became 175 king and twice after. He didn't fight Moore until he was 42 and was beaten decisively. Why wasn't Charles given a title shot at 175 by Conn or Slapsie Maxie? Maxim was getting his ass kicked by Sugar Ray until he collapsed. He was a combined 0-8 vs. Charles and Moore, so he doesn't belong in the top 5. I give him credit for fighting most of the good black fighters of his day, but why didn't he fight Moore until he was 42?

Comment

Working...
                    X