Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these welterweights had a harder punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're asking who's more likely to knock down a brick wall with a punch I'd have to say Cuevas, Hearns had great, great power but it came with his delivery while Cuevas had a more raw kind of power.

Comment

Hearns and Joe Louis

Cuevas and George Foreman

You put a brick wall in front of the first two, and they will punch a clean hole right through. The second two will hit the wall and knock the whole thing over.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Hearns and Joe Louis

Cuevas and George Foreman

You put a brick wall in front of the first two, and they will punch a clean hole right through. The second two will hit the wall and knock the whole thing over.
        Well said you put it much better than me

Comment

They can all **** at the highest of levels for sure and they have among them different types of power and different signature punches but when i look at that line up and think what Single shot from which guy would i LEAST like to take flush its The Tommy Hearns Right Hand - Boom! U OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
            you make a good point about Cuevas's power...the guy was well known for breaking jaws and slicing up faces. hes often overlooked, and is often seen as 'that guy who got KOed so bad by Hearns', but thats not fair at all. He is at the very least the equivilant of what Margarito is today, at least as good.

but still, even if Cuevas COULD have hit Duran cleanly, I dont think even he could have KOed him like Hearns did...when I think about power, I think about knockout power more than anything, and Hearns had tons of it.

the problem with Cuevas is that its hard to imagine him hitting certain fighters cleanly at all...and so that throws you off when you try to gauge how good his power was compared to others.
            insane power though. I imagine not many people wanted to fight him.
            Cuevas isn't as good as Margarito. He hits harder sure, but he didn't have much skill. Margarito has plenty of skill just **** poor defense. Margarito is also a huge welterweight at 5'11 and big framed as well. Just look at their resumes.

I agree though, cuevas hit hella hard. I remember the Canadian welterweight clyde grey saying he hit harder than Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Cuevas isn't as good as Margarito. He hits harder sure, but he didn't have much skill. Margarito has plenty of skill just **** poor defense. Margarito is also a huge welterweight at 5'11 and big framed as well. Just look at their resumes.

I agree though, cuevas hit hella hard. I remember the Canadian welterweight clyde grey saying he hit harder than Hearns.

Comment

I believe Cuevas was the hardest puncher of that group. He broke jaws, eye sockets & speed bags.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Cuevas was a better fighter than Margarito and you can't even compare the two in terms of accomplishments at 147. Cuevas is superior by a long shot. I don't know where you're getting that Margarito has the better resume.

Comment

Margacheato without loaded gloves = Journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Margacheato without loaded gloves = Journeyman.

cuevas with loaded gloves = life changing head trauma
                      and liver failure

Comment

Working...
                      X