No announcement yet.

Marciano was overrated and not an ATG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    He comes foward in a predictable way and does not have great head movement. His defense is not as bad as some people make it seem but by no means is it underrated. Marciano was hit a lot in the fight thats you mentioned as well. I also had Walcott in a confortable lead up until the knockout in their first fight.

The Frazier and Chuvalo fights are after prison. Ali lost his foot speed and mainly relied on different tricks and tactics. Pre prison Ali had beautiful foot movement and arsenal.

Frazier and Chuvalo are also full fledge heavyweight that would still be considered heavyweights by todays standards, unlike Marcian who would only be considered a cruiserweight and a small one at that.. They were big enough to make that style work them. Marciano has short arms, is a short guy himself at 5'10 and only weighed 185LBS. He also crouches in range and would not have the reach to constantly get to Ali. The odds are just too stacked against him here. Ali is 6'3, had a very long reach and had underrated strength(He was able to push Liston off and clinch when cornered.) Marciano was also prone to cuts and Ali had different ways of jabbing where he would twist his left jab which would cut his opponents skin up, similar to the way he did with Cooper ect.

The fact that Marciano struggled so much with Walcott really makes me not look too deep into this fanasy match up becuase the outcome is so blatantly obvious that there is really not much to say. Walcott is a great fighter and well all know that, but we also know that Ali had the better tools and ability. Think about, Ali is much faster than Walcott, has the better foot movement, is naturally bigger, buiser, punches at least as hard and has a more diverse arsenal.

You have boxing good knowledge, and you are the only guy that i know that could use that to make valid points in a fantasy match up that everyone knows the answer to. Thats takes talent Thunder Lips.
    the more you post here, the more i realize that you dont know **** about boxing. ali never went to prison in his exile, are you ******?

seriously im not even gonna have a debate with you, how long you've been watching boxing?

welcome to my sig, i had to quote this ******ed post

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_prospect View Post
      the more you post here, the more i realize that you dont know **** about boxing. ali never went to prison in his exile, are you ******?

seriously im not even gonna have a debate with you, how long you've been watching boxing?

welcome to my sig, i had to quote this ******ed post

I obviously made a mistake. You know, the main thing that a discouraged and insecure poster tries to do is find the smallest mistake that you make and try to use it against them. None of the knowledgeable poster's like you, that has to be telling you something.

Comment

I obviously made a mistake. You know, the main thing that a discouraged and insecure poster tries to do is find the smallest mistake that you make and try to use it against them. None of the knowledgeable poster's like you, that has to be telling you something.
        it wasnt a small mistake, you have proven your lack of knowledge long time ago so you can stop with all of this

Comment

I was typing fast becuase someone had to use my laptop for a minute. Do you see what i mean Poet? How this guy(Boxing_Prospect) takes the smallest things and makes a big deal out of it and makes long conversations about it? He also found time in his life to put it in his signature. Damn Prospect, get a life.

Comment

I was typing fast becuase someone had to use my laptop. Do you see what i mean Poet? How this guy(Boxing_Prospect) takes ths smallest things and makes a big deal out of it and makes long conversations about it? He also found time in his life to put it in his signature. Damn Prospect, get a life.
            LOL you just upset that i you

you also found a time in your life to my put my posts in your quotes and rewrite them, the difference between me, is that i use originals

calling Poet for help.....AHAHAHAHA, trying to find another hater so he can come and back you up

dont give me that i was typing to fast bull****, you type too fast in 90% of your posts. that means you dont know **** rookie

go beg for green karma in the pinoy lounge looser haha

now everyone ccan see your ******ity

Comment

LOL you just upset that i you

you also found a time in your life to my put my posts in your quotes and rewrite them, the difference between me, is that i use originals

calling Poet for help.....AHAHAHAHA, trying to find another hater so he can come and back you up

dont give me that i was typing to fast bull****, you type too fast in 90% of your posts. that means you dont know **** rookie

go beg for green karma in the pinoy lounge looser haha

now everyone ccan see your ******ity
              Yeah man, you owned me big time. I made a mistake in my post becuase someone needed the internet for a second, thats the biggest ownage that i have ever saw.

This guy claims to be a mature adult and over 40.

Comment

Yeah man, you owned me big time. I made a mistake in my post becuase someone needed the internet for a second, thats the biggest ownage that i have ever saw.

This guy claims to be a mature adult and over 40.
                i never said i was over 40...where you get that info i dont know

LMFAOO what's so hilarious is that you using an excuse for thinking ali was in prison because someone needed your laptop

how original

Comment

lol slick is so owned and worried that he went to marciano lewis thread searching some dirt on my posts

go ahead kid, but you wont find anything, you however post the most garbage on this forum

damn i really got in his head huh

Comment

watch he'll try and quote me on something, the ***** is owned

Comment

lol slick is so owned and worried that he went to marciano lewis thread searching some dirt on my posts

go ahead kid, but you wont find anything, you however post the most garbage on this forum

damn i really got in his head huh
                      LOL, i can't believe that you actually admitted that you searched my profile to see what i was currently doing. I also wasn't digging up anything new, i was finding the post where you stated you were over 40.

Originally posted by boxing_prospect
                      i didnt need to follow you from any website. ive been a loyal member to ringside report before you were born asswipe, and still am a member. i see your posts there too, even there you bashed tyson with low blow posts

you and bitchsouthpaw think seem to think im e-stalking you, and that makes you wee wee wet in your silk panties, but that couldnt be farther away from truth. i couldnt be arsed to research your biased hate filled know it all posts. your dirt is easy to spot so dont worry.
                      This is your response to Poet. I don't have the time for this and even if i did, it wouldn't be wasted on a 12 year old Tyson fan boy that trolls internet forums and follow's people through the internet. Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                      X