Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard-Duran I (1980)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - -Sugarless admits to being concussed early in the fight and not waking up until mid rounds. Cracking on Duran's post welter excesses easy work for fools, but point in fact I've proven Duran is much higher regarded by IBRO rankings than the sycophant sugarless.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Sugarless admits to being concussed early in the fight and not waking up until mid rounds. Cracking on Duran's post welter excesses easy work for fools, but point in fact I've proven Duran is much higher regarded by IBRO rankings than the sycophant sugarless.
      Duran is ranked fifth p4p and Leonard tenth. Not much separates them when you consider the millions who have fought before.

And if Duran's excesses got to him who's fault is that?

Wasn't Duran acting like a sycophant toward Leonard before their first fight?

Comment

• - -Duran beats sugarless in any fight to the finish and out eats and out drinks him as well. Ray scared of him, hence his run and stink style.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Duran beats sugarless in any fight to the finish and out eats and out drinks him as well. Ray scared of him, hence his run and stink style.
          You're like a child. You can't argue any factual points, only state your crybaby opinion and keep hollering above everyone and thinking it changes the facts. It doesn't Rummy, it doesn't.

Comment

• Clear win for Duran while both fighters were at their best. Something we don't get to see enough of today.

Comment

• Duran won but Leonard proved his toughness here. He was a great boxer but with an ATG punchers durability and heart. A rare combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                Duran won but Leonard proved his toughness here. He was a great boxer but with an ATG punchers durability and heart. A rare combination.
                I agree with this. It was a closely contested fight, but Duran deserved the win. Had Leonard chose to fight his fight instead of Duran's I believe it would have been a different outcome like the second fight. It was a tactical error Duran took advantage of and rightly so. One of the greatest filmed fights ever.

Comment

• Possibly, but Duran was an unstoppable force of nature that evening in Montreal. Their would have been no “no mas” in this bout no matter how Leonard fought. To me Leonard walked into the ring intimidated and Durans fast start built for him a lead that Leonard, once warmed up to the task, could not overcome.
                  Last edited by HOUDINI563; 03-02-2021, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
                    I've recently watched the whole 15 rounds of that fight, and to be honest with you, I didn't think Duran dominated Leonard as much as many people are saying that he did. In fact, IMO the fight could have went either way. I actually had Leonard winning the fight by a round! He landed more punches than Duran, and Duran did absolutely nothing in the 15th round. Plus Leonard was the champ and in my eyes Duran didn't "take" the title, especially since he let Leonard win the last round. I had it 144-143 for Leonard. So what do you guys think?
                    You’re new to boxing, so I can see you scoring something like that. Duran won that fight without question.

Comment

Working...
                    X