Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a great article man, and the list i have made takes alot of that into consideration! im just waiting for someone to look over it so its not seen as biased and then it will be posted! I did put him as my number 3/4 heavyweight but after looking into it the 49-0 can be deciving!! on my current list i have him at number 8, which was made using excel..but ill see were he is after the adjusments..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      Thats a great article man, and the list i have made takes alot of that into consideration! im just waiting for someone to look over it so its not seen as biased and then it will be posted! I did put him as my number 3/4 heavyweight but after looking into it the 49-0 can be deciving!! on my current list i have him at number 8, which was made using excel..but ill see were he is after the adjusments..

Sounds good to me. I will be out most of the night as I am running a "Movie Night" at my church. I happen to be a Deacon for over 20 years in the Faith Reformed Church in Lodi, New Jersey.

Tomorrow I have to travel to one of the shore areas and oversee an Amateur Boxing Show, and I might have to Ring Announce.

I am interested in any list that anyone might have. I have tried several BUT the only way I can rate them is by a combination of things like who they fought and beat, watching films, looking at all their records, and most of the STATS that I gave you before. And then I am not sure.

Good Luck, Henry

Comment

• ill give u the criteria..From Skills - Agility, Power, speed, chin, stamina,heart,Defence

As for Career - Reign, No.Of Defences, Re-gain, Oppostion, Impact, Undisputed Champ, Extra Achievements

Comment

Thats a great article man, and the list i have made takes alot of that into consideration! im just waiting for someone to look over it so its not seen as biased and then it will be posted! I did put him as my number 3/4 heavyweight but after looking into it the 49-0 can be deciving!! on my current list i have him at number 8, which was made using excel..but ill see were he is after the adjusments..
          It was also taken into consideration on my list and I had him at tied 10th with Jack Dempsey but gave him the nod over Dempsey on going undefeated.

Henry you know I respect you, but we can't always agree on everything and although I had Tyson tied 5th with Holyfield on my list and Marciano tied 10th with Dempsey despite everything you say and the stats if any of the 3 we were talking about were to beat Tyson I still would rather put my money on Marciano to do it. Sometimes stats don't count for nothing, look at the Douglas fight with Tyson. Douglas had never stopped a top10 ranked heavyweight, how was he supposed to knock out the invincible Tyson. Styles make fights and maybe Tyson would be favourite but upsets can and do happen. I've just got this feeling that Marciano could do it, even though everything points to Tyson. Its strange trying to explain it but I've just got this weird feeling about it. Believe this or not but I actually had the same feeling for the Tyson - Douglas fight. I can't to this day say why but I had a feeling Douglas was gonna beat him, I put money on at the bookies and bet a lot of friends and won a great deal of money on it. It's my greatest prediction ever, call it a fluke or whatever you want. I had a gut feeling and went with it even though my head said your being stupid. That's how I feel about Tyson - Marciano.

Iron Man - As I've said before really looking forward to seeing that list and how you came to your conclusion and if it was different from your original list. Please post both as I did. Any idea how long we have to wait?

Comment

• Sorry man i have no idea, im waiting for the person(a poster on the forum who i wont name) to finish his changes and ill post it.. i think it will be the most accurate list ever posted on this forum

Comment

Sorry man i have no idea, im waiting for the person(a poster on the forum who i wont name) to finish his changes and ill post it.. i think it will be the most accurate list ever posted on this forum
              You'll post your original list as well.

Comment

• Ok Here we go...The Much Awaited List.. the Self Proclaimed "Greatest List" of this Forum. Its taken almost a month. Here is my old list

10.Lennox Lewis
                9.Jack Johnson
                8.Jack Dempsey
                7.Larry Holmes
                6.Joe Frazier
                5.George Foreman
                4.Mike Tyson
                3.Rocky Marciano
                2.Muhammad Ali
                1.Joe Louis

Ok so here we go..This was the criteria

Agility
                Power
                Jab
                Speed
                Explosiveness
                Chin
                Stamina
                Heart
                Defense
                Reign
                no. defense
                opposition
                Impact
                Achievements

Just so people Know, i wasnt the only person to put this list together and the stats were discussed for over 2hrs. With Non other that Mr.Poet, his knowladge of the older fighters is far greater than mine, and we discussed and changed each others ideas. If anyone wishes to see the Excel spreadsheet just send me a pm and we can work out a fee haha..ill just pop u it via e-mail. So enough talk here it is..the twelve great Heavyweights of all time!!

12. Sonny Liston

11."Big" George Foreman

10. Rocky "The Brockton Blockbuster" Marciano

9.Jack "Manassa Mauler" Dempsey

8.Jack "Galveston Giant" Johnson

7."Smokin" Joe Frazier

6.Lennox "The Lion" Lewis

5.Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield

4."Iron" Mike Tyson

3.Larry "The Easton Assassin" Holmes

2.Joe "The Brown Bomber"Louis

1.Muhammed "The Greatest" Ali

So theres the List..if you have any questions please ask..and so on and so forth..Hope people respect it as ive have spent a good amount of time on it!!

Comment

• Damn! It won't let me karma Iron Man for that shout out. I'll have to settle for giving you a simple "thanks buddy"!

Poet

Comment

Ok Here we go...The Much Awaited List.. the Self Proclaimed "Greatest List" of this Forum. Its taken almost a month. Here is my old list

10.Lennox Lewis
                    9.Jack Johnson
                    8.Jack Dempsey
                    7.Larry Holmes
                    6.Joe Frazier
                    5.George Foreman
                    4.Mike Tyson
                    3.Rocky Marciano
                    2.Muhammad Ali
                    1.Joe Louis

Ok so here we go..This was the criteria

Agility
                    Power
                    Jab
                    Speed
                    Explosiveness
                    Chin
                    Stamina
                    Heart
                    Defense
                    Reign
                    no. defense
                    opposition
                    Impact
                    Achievements

Just so people Know, i wasnt the only person to put this list together and the stats were discussed for over 2hrs. With Non other that Mr.Poet, his knowladge of the older fighters is far greater than mine, and we discussed and changed each others ideas. If anyone wishes to see the Excel spreadsheet just send me a pm and we can work out a fee haha..ill just pop u it via e-mail. So enough talk here it is..the twelve great Heavyweights of all time!!

12. Sonny Liston

11."Big" George Foreman

10. Rocky "The Brockton Blockbuster" Marciano

9.Jack "Manassa Mauler" Dempsey

8.Jack "Galveston Giant" Johnson

7."Smokin" Joe Frazier

6.Lennox "The Lion" Lewis

5.Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield

4."Iron" Mike Tyson

3.Larry "The Easton Assassin" Holmes

2.Joe "The Brown Bomber"Louis

1.Muhammed "The Greatest" Ali

So theres the List..if you have any questions please ask..and so on and so forth..Hope people respect it as ive have spent a good amount of time on it!!
                    Good Work Iron Man and Poet. Just thought I'd post mine next to it to compare. Looking slot similar than before

My Original list:-
                    1> Muhammad Ali
                    2> Larry Holmes
                    3> Lennox Lewis
                    4> Joe Louis
                    5> Evander Holyfield
                    6> Jack Johnson
                    7> George Foreman
                    8> Rocky Marciano
                    9> Joe Frazier
                    10>Mike Tyson

My new greatest list of heavyweight champions:- (I will use the same system for the champions I have not yet included and will update my list at a later date)

1> Muhammed Ali
                    2> Joe Louis
                    3> Lennox Lewis
                    4> Larry Holmes
                    5> Evander Holyfield
                    6> Mike Tyson (scored same as Holyfield, but his 2 losses give EH 5th spot)
                    7> George Foreman
                    8> Joe Frazier
                    9> Jack Johnson
                    10>Rocky Marciano
                    11>Jack Dempsey (scored same as Marciano, but RM unbeaten so gets 10th)
                    12>Floyd Patterson
                    13>James J. Jeffries
                    14>Tommy Burns
                    15>Ezzard Charles
                    16>Sonny Liston

As you all know, my criteria was different, in I haven't yet had the chance to add abilities and some other criteria so it will change and may look even closer to yours. At the moment our top 2 are the same and then 3-6 are the same but slightly different order.

P.S Be interested in seeing how you scored each criteria.

P.P.S Gave Poet some Karma but it wouldn't let me give you any Iron Man (Sorry)
                    Last edited by -CANE-; 09-29-2007, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by britbulldog View Post
                      my champ and top 10 based on who comes out top if they all fought eachother:

CHAMP louis - no loses w10-L0
                      1. ali - lose to louis w9-L1
                      2. lewis - loses to top 2 w8-L2
                      3. holyfield - loses to top 3 and foreman w6-L4
                      4. foreman - loses to top 3 and holmes and johnson w5-L5
                      5. marciano - loses to top 5 w5-L5
                      6. holmes - loses to top 6 except foreman w5-L5
                      7. johnson - loses to top 7 except foreman w4-L6
                      8. dempsey - loses to all except frazier w1-L9
                      9.frazier - loses to all except tyson w1-L9
                      10.tyson - loses to all except dempsey w1-L9
                      I've never seen anyone do a top10 like this, I think I'll try it.
                      What would everyones else's list look like if all the champs fought each other once, who would come out with the best overal record.

Comment

Working...
                      X