This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    First off, threads carry in different directions all the time. If you don't like it than don't look at it.

Second, I've watched the fight many time.

Gans was in MY opinion obviously feeling the pressure of having to go through with throwing the fight. This is evident as he did not fight at all like himself which has been noted over and over by those at the fight and the ref himself. Lastly, why would the betting odds change so drastically the day of the fight with these reports of "the fix" being in if not true? You can give any answer you would like, but it's painfully obvious those who were there and witnessed it live believed he tanked it. Add to it his own admission and the evidence keeps mounting.
    - -Threads have rarely been hijacked to this extent.

People say fights were thrown all the time because boxing was, is, and forever will be the dirtiest sport in the history of all sports with the possible exception of horse racing that requires an animal needing guidance and has little sayso in what it is fed and care given.

Yeah, so let's jump into horse racing.

NOT!

Odds are fluid, always have been. You don't say what the general odds were and how they dropped.

Wlad the huge fav over the hapless Brewster saw betting suspended by the gaming estabs the week before the fight because a huge surge of big$ bets on Brewster set off fix alarms and it was a DKing fight, the guy who was the fi master of our modern era who's in the IBHOF.

I watched the fight with high interest as it was also Manny debut with Wlad, but it was an easy walk in the park beatdown that had Roy Jones screaming from ringside to stop the fight. At the end of the rd Wlad had KDed Brew the 2nd x before the bell that the ref didn't call because on his way down Brewster tackled Wlad around the ankles to take him down. Brewster gets up but Wlad who is suddenly as weak as a kitty has to be helped by the ref. The next rd sees Wlad barely able to hld his hands up and backpedaling to the rope using his size for defense. At this point Brewster has landed near none significant punches launches a wild haymaker that sails over Wlad head to end the rd, but wlad collapse and can't get up and in obvious distress.
    I jumped up and screamed he's been drugged inside my head because I was in a small bar with me the only one watching the farce.

No count was ever began because no punch landed. Finally Wlad is dragged to his stool and has to be held to keep him up. Manny said he'd been drugged, but tests could prove anything.because experimental small dose drugs are being made worldwide for nefarious purpose and always have been since the first Mickey was served.

Did the good fellas tell Joe he'd had to crawl around on all fours to make it look good too.

Interesting that boxrec never mentions the fix charges other than rumors and the notorious Chicago banning boxing.

Comment

And yet, even more damning evidence Gans thew the fight with McGovern.

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=SFC19001...-txIN--------1
      It's an article (possibly authored not even by someone present ringside) recounting the fight... ya know, the very same fight you can see on film... the one where McGovern catches Gans early and never gives him a chance to recover.

If Gans had thrown the fight, why is he fighting back? He's fighting harder here than anywhere else we have on film. You can't show me where Gans tries harder.

Were the losses to McFadden, Erne, Langford, Nelson and Britt also works? None of those fighters were as good as McGovern, but they get a pass because...?

Smart money arrives late. That's a maxim. Only a r3tard like you questions that. It would make more sense that Gans remained the favorite, so that the returns on young Terrence's upset would be higher. Someone clearly bet big money on Gans, and was sore with disappointment. But if there were a fix, details would've emerged later. There's none. It's like the conspiracy theories surrounding Kennedy's assassination, the Moon Landing, 9/11 having been an inside job, with all the talk where's the evidence? Where's the detail? Sometimes there really is NO fire, just a machine profitable for its ability to only make smoke.

McGovern was, for all intents and purposes, the Lightweight champ. Gans was Erne's sloppy seconds. The outcome of the fight, as evidenced in the footage, played out exactly as it was supposed to.

Just like against Erne and Britt, Gans played the weasley little bi'tch to save face.

Now, why don't you start a rumor about McGovern's gloves and Gans' 40 pound costume while you're at it, Coal Burner?

If you don't wanna provide evidence for your other claims, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Threads have rarely been hijacked to this extent.

People say fights were thrown all the time because boxing was, is, and forever will be the dirtiest sport in the history of all sports with the possible exception of horse racing that requires an animal needing guidance and has little sayso in what it is fed and care given.

Yeah, so let's jump into horse racing.

NOT!

Odds are fluid, always have been. You don't say what the general odds were and how they dropped.

Wlad the huge fav over the hapless Brewster saw betting suspended by the gaming estabs the week before the fight because a huge surge of big$ bets on Brewster set off fix alarms and it was a DKing fight, the guy who was the fi master of our modern era who's in the IBHOF.

I watched the fight with high interest as it was also Manny debut with Wlad, but it was an easy walk in the park beatdown that had Roy Jones screaming from ringside to stop the fight. At the end of the rd Wlad had KDed Brew the 2nd x before the bell that the ref didn't call because on his way down Brewster tackled Wlad around the ankles to take him down. Brewster gets up but Wlad who is suddenly as weak as a kitty has to be helped by the ref. The next rd sees Wlad barely able to hld his hands up and backpedaling to the rope using his size for defense. At this point Brewster has landed near none significant punches launches a wild haymaker that sails over Wlad head to end the rd, but wlad collapse and can't get up and in obvious distress.
        I jumped up and screamed he's been drugged inside my head because I was in a small bar with me the only one watching the farce.

No count was ever began because no punch landed. Finally Wlad is dragged to his stool and has to be held to keep him up. Manny said he'd been drugged, but tests could prove anything.because experimental small dose drugs are being made worldwide for nefarious purpose and always have been since the first Mickey was served.

Did the good fellas tell Joe he'd had to crawl around on all fours to make it look good too.

Interesting that boxrec never mentions the fix charges other than rumors and the notorious Chicago banning boxing.
        There is a difference between being paid to throw a fight, and being possibly drugged in a fight. And Boxrec, other than there record keeping (which is often incomplete) really isn't a very good site for information. I'll stick with the facts to form my opinions. But thank you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          It's an article (possibly authored not even by someone present ringside) recounting the fight... ya know, the very same fight you can see on film... the one where McGovern catches Gans early and never gives him a chance to recover.

If Gans had thrown the fight, why is he fighting back? He's fighting harder here than anywhere else we have on film. You can't show me where Gans tries harder.

Were the losses to McFadden, Erne, Langford, Nelson and Britt also works? None of those fighters were as good as McGovern, but they get a pass because...?

Smart money arrives late. That's a maxim. Only a r3tard like you questions that. It would make more sense that Gans remained the favorite, so that the returns on young Terrence's upset would be higher. Someone clearly bet big money on Gans, and was sore with disappointment. But if there were a fix, details would've emerged later. There's none. It's like the conspiracy theories surrounding Kennedy's assassination, the Moon Landing, 9/11 having been an inside job, with all the talk where's the evidence? Where's the detail? Sometimes there really is NO fire, just a machine profitable for its ability to only make smoke.

McGovern was, for all intents and purposes, the Lightweight champ. Gans was Erne's sloppy seconds. The outcome of the fight, as evidenced in the footage, played out exactly as it was supposed to.

Just like against Erne and Britt, Gans played the weasley little bi'tch to save face.

Now, why don't you start a rumor about McGovern's gloves and Gans' 40 pound costume while you're at it, Coal Burner?

If you don't wanna provide evidence for your other claims, that is.
          LMAO.....I can't even be bothered to read thru your drivel anymore. You will keep making excuses and using double standards no matter what proof is provided. All the while showing no proof of your own. You're pathetic!! ��
          Last edited by JAB5239; 09-06-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• A little something to educate the chronically slow.

https://books.google.com/books?id=T4...0fight&f=false

Comment

• Wlad just like he did in his first ko loss vs Purrity punched himself out trying for the KO vs Brewster. It was Brewster who landed a huge left hook at the start of round 5, after Wlad went all out the first four rounds for the KO, that took all the remaining fight out of him. There is and was no evidence that Wlad was drugged.

Comment

Rusty is the forum jester, doing anything he can to get attention. Facts be damned!!!
                Rusty is the forum idiot. He is a moron that tries to browbeat, especially when asked for any proof, whatsoever of the manure he spreads...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                  Hey, Dumb Dumb! Nice of you to join us! Did your nurse fasten your helmet too tight again?

There's no reason not to believe Loughran. He was an honest and kind man. Carnera was a mob commodity.

Do you think that kind of thing would be published in the papers?
                  Theres your proof Houdini... Incontravertable it is!!! You see? Loughran was not a meanie... he was kind and nice. Ergo... He could not tell a tale that was tall. That is a special kind of tromboneism lol...

Comment

• As a side note Loughran only won one round on two of the judges scorecards. The other gave him three rounds.

Comment

There is a difference between being paid to throw a fight, and being possibly drugged in a fight. And Boxrec, other than there record keeping (which is often incomplete) really isn't a very good site for information. I'll stick with the facts to form my opinions. But thank you!!
                      - -U didn't provide any facts that I request.

If a fighter has been drugged to lose, that's a fix.

Boxrec is just another source that keeps open records and sources.

Comment

Working...
                      X