Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy/accomplishments/credentials etc,.

1. Ali

2. Louis

3. Holmes

4. Tunney

5. Marciano

6. Dempsey

7. Frazier

8. Foreman

9. W. Klitschio

10. Lennox Lewis

As for Skills or better yet - who would beat who in mythical match up's in their prime. In even more clear context, WHO has the most amount of TOOLS to deal with/or handle different fighting styles and come out on top.

1. Wlad Klitschko

2. Ali

3. Vitali/Lennox Lewis tied

4. Holmes

5. Ridick Bowe

6. Joe Louis

7. Holyfield

8. Frazier

9. Foreman

10. Tyson

I'm open to reversing some but I'm dead set on W. Klitschio in the second category and some some of you may know, have debated it and made my case on countless of threads.
    Last edited by cupocity303; 02-26-2013, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303
      Legacy/accomplishments/credentials etc,.

1. Ali

2. Louis

3. Holmes

4. Tunney

5. Marciano

6. Dempsey

7. Frazier

8. Foreman

9. W. Klitschio

10. Lennox Lewis

As for Skills or better yet - who would beat who in mythical match up's in their prime. In even more clear context, WHO has the most amount of TOOLS to deal with/or handle different fighting styles and come out on top.

1. Wlad Klitschko

2. Ali

3. Vitali/Lennox Lewis tied

4. Holmes

5. Ridick Bowe

6. Joe Louis

7. Holyfield

8. Frazier

9. Foreman

10. Tyson

I'm open to reversing some but I'm dead set on W. Klitschio in the second category and some some of you may know, have debated it and made my case on countless of threads.
      gud list...jus exclude w klitscko...dude has no chin..I think feather fisted jimmy young would bump him off

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        [SIZE="3"]Legacy/accomplishments/credentials etc,.

1. Ali

2. Louis

3. Holmes

4. Tunney

5. Marciano

6. Dempsey

7. Frazier

8. Foreman

9. W. Klitschio

10. Lennox Lewis
        Huh? What did Tunney do at heavyweight to deserve being ranked so highly?
        Last edited by SBleeder; 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Huh? What did Tunney do at heavyweight to deserve being ranked so highly?

Without going into micro analyzing, I like his 65-1 record. I think it's safe to say that with a record like that, he would've grabbed a WBA or WBO, WBC, IBF belt much earlier, defended it and unified belts at the tail end, which would've made his Title Defense numbers look much better. But it was a different time.

For Crisp sake. Dempsey held on the World Heavyweight Title for 2 years, just sitting on it without any fights. He would've been stripped in the modern era and Tunney could've been Champ a lot sooner.

Comment

Without going into micro analyzing, I like his 65-1 record. I think it's safe to say that with a record like that, he would've grabbed a WBA or WBO, WBC, IBF belt much earlier, defended it and unified belts at the tail end, which would've made his Title Defense numbers look much better. But it was a different time.

For Crisp sake. Dempsey held on the World Heavyweight Title for 2 years, just sitting on it without any fights. He would've been stripped in the modern era and Tunney could've been Champ a lot sooner.
            How can you rank someone at #4 "Based of Legacies and accomplishments" then go off an assumption?

If you're going by "Legacy and accomplishments" then you're going to have to micro analyse.

How can you rank Gene Tunney that high at HW based off "Credntials" at HW?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              How can you rank someone at #4 "Based of Legacies and accomplishments" then go off an assumption?

If you're going by "Legacy and accomplishments" then you're going to have to micro analyse.

How can you rank Gene Tunney that high at HW based off "Credntials" at HW?
              Because he is 65-1. The assumptions just are icing on the cake.

If you're 65-1, then there is two things that can happen. Either A)

You're like Brian Nielsen or Chavez Jr, and your record is build based off fighting bums voluntarily. OR

B) You're fighting everybody at the Top BUT the Champion. And politics are just preventing you from getting your title shot, especially since there is only one Title.

Now keep in mind that I said that I'm open to changing my rankings, other than Wlad. So it's not a big deal. We can bring TUnney back down a notch or two.

Comment

You're like Brian Nielsen or Chavez Jr, and your record is build based off fighting bums voluntarily. OR

B) You're fighting everybody at the Top BUT the Champion. And politics are just preventing you from getting your title shot, especially since there is only one Title.

Now keep in mind that I said that I'm open to changing my rankings, other than Wlad. So it's not a big deal. We can bring TUnney back down a notch or two.
                Only eight of those fights were at heavyweight.

Comment

Almost all of that 65-1 record was at Light-Heavy. As Capaedia said, Tunney had only 8 fights at Heavyweight, if that.

Poet
                  Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Point taken.

Comment

I don't think "He's 65-1" is good reasoning to rank someone. Not every 65-1 record is the same.

And like mentioned, Tunney's resume at HW is light. He resume and accolades etc are simply not even close to strong enough to have a Top 10 ranking let alone Top 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X