3/. Louis
    4/. Frazier
    5/. Tunney
    6/. Charles
    7/. Holmes
    8/. Tyson
    9/. Johnson
    10/.Liston

no Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Klitschko or Marciano as it is my opinion that they would lose to the 10 fighters i rated above
    Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• 1. Vitali Klitschko
      2. George Foreman
      3. Muhammad Ali
      4. Mike Tyson
      5. Larry Holmes
      6. Oliver McCall
      7. Lennox Lewis
      8. Wladimir Klitschko
      9. David Tua
      10. Evander Holyfield

See my thread for why Foreman over Ali , but there is another reason :
      Performance against mutual opponents.

Bowe and Ibeabuchi were simply not proven enough.
      Byrd , Tucker and Douglas were close to enter the list.
      Frazier , Louis and Marciano simply do not belong in 201+ , Marciano could have been a top 10 at 175 , and Frazier a top 10 at 200.
      Their best wins were not 201+ as well , so they are actually unproven at this weight.
      Liston ? except Patterson whom was actually another 175lber fighting against unlimited weight opponents who did he ever beat ?

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
        1. Vitali Klitschko
        2. George Foreman
        3. Muhammad Ali
        4. Mike Tyson
        5. Larry Holmes
        6. Oliver McCall
        7. Lennox Lewis
        8. Wladimir Klitschko
        9. David Tua
        10. Evander Holyfield

Bowe and Ibeabuchi were simply not proven enough.
        Byrd , Tucker and Douglas were close to enter the list.
        Frazier , Louis and Marciano simply do not belong in 201+ , Marciano could have been a top 10 at 175 , and Frazier a top 10 at 200.
        Their best wins were not 201+ as well , so they are actually unproven at this weight.
        Liston ? except Patterson whom was actually another 175lber fighting against unlimited weight opponents who did he ever beat ?
        This is the new candidate for the most ******ed list I've ever seen. BTW, Liston beat Cleveland Williams twice plus has a win over Eddie Machen who were superior to 7 of the fighters you mention.

Do you really believe the ignorant garbage you spew (which would make you a complete spastic ******) or do you just like to go on-line and pretend to be a bottom-feeding assclown because you like making a fool of yourself? Either way it makes you look pretty damn pathetic

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          1/. Ali
          2/. Dempsey
          3/. Louis
          4/. Frazier
          5/. Tunney
          6/. Charles
          7/. Holmes
          8/. Tyson
          9/. Johnson
          10/.Liston

no Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Klitschko or Marciano as it is my opinion that they would lose to the 10 fighters i rated above
          So your list has nothing to do with greatness, but is based on nothing but h2h?

Interesting then to have Frazier at 4 and Foreman nowhere in sight, and then state George would lose to the 10 fighters you listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
            1. Vitali Klitschko
            2. George Foreman
            3. Muhammad Ali
            4. Mike Tyson
            5. Larry Holmes
            6. Oliver McCall
            7. Lennox Lewis
            8. Wladimir Klitschko
            9. David Tua
            10. Evander Holyfield

I assume you are basing your list solely on domination of opponents, thats the only way this list makes any sense whatsoever.

The reason Lennox is ranked so low is because he was busy fighting 5 of the other guys on your list. Beat them all btw, for better or for worse.

Meanwhile your #1 was facing Danny Williams, Kirk Johnson and Juan Carlos Gomez..Mediocre.... Has-beens and green upstarts.

Lennox was very capable of absolute domination of mediocre opponents the problem was that he was occupied with 16 championship bouts/14 title defenses which is more than your #1, 2 and 4 put together.....

Lennox KO'd Golota in 1 round (had never been KO'd)

Michael Grant in 2 rounds (had never lost)

Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds (had never been put to sleep)

^^So if Lennox had the benefit of starting from the bottom(Foreman), or inheriting a weak division(Vitali), he could very well have a KO% of 90, his Power was amazing! But if anything else you should give him credit for out-witting a young Prime Vitali when they went head-to-head. If Vitali couldnt beat a slow, old Lennox, I doubt hed beat any of the younger versions either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              So your list has nothing to do with greatness, but is based on nothing but h2h?

Interesting then to have Frazier at 4 and Foreman nowhere in sight, and then state George would lose to the 10 fighters you listed.
              my list is nothing to do with head 2 head.. its the best 10 heavyweights in history IMO... all the ten fighters i listed are greater and better than Foreman

Comment

• 01 - Muhammad Ali
                02 - Joe Louis
                03 - Lennox Lewis
                04 - Sonny Liston
                05 - Larry Holmes
                06 - Joe Frazier
                07 - Rocky Marciano
                08 - George Foreman
                09 - Mike Tyson
                10 - Evander Holyfield

11 - Jack Johnson
                12 - Harry Wills
                13 - Jim Jeffries
                14 - Jack Dempsey

These are the great HWs IMO. After that things get a little softer and you can list any number of HW's.

15 - Sam Langford
                16 - Max Schmeling
                17 - Jersey Joe Walcott
                18 - Ezzard Charles
                19 - Peter Jackson
                20 - Wladimir Klitschko

Comment

• !. Louis
                  2. Ali
                  3. Holmes
                  4. Johnson
                  5. Lewis
                  6. Foreman
                  7. Tyson
                  8. Liston
                  9. Holyfield
                  10. Marciano
                  11. Dempsey
                  12. Frazier

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    1/. Ali
                    2/. Dempsey
                    3/. Louis
                    4/. Frazier
                    5/. Tunney
                    6/. Charles
                    7/. Holmes
                    8/. Tyson
                    9/. Johnson
                    10/.Liston

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    my list is nothing to do with head 2 head.. its the best 10 heavyweights in history IMO... all the ten fighters i listed are greater and better than Foreman
                    Fair enough, but you made the statement that Foreman, Holyfield and Lewis would lose to guys like Charles, Tunney, Frazier and Dempsey, which I find more than a little absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lacrimosa View Post
                      eternal thread

I`m against calling any fighter number 1 or 2 or etc - I find it dumb... Giving a number "1" to anybody will undeservingly put him above the other fighters...

Just, my top 5 would include:

Louis
                      Marciano
                      Ali
                      Foreman
                      Lewis

And 6-10 would be:

Johnson
                      Tunney
                      Holmes
                      Holyfield

and the last one is under consideration... It is really tough... Frazier was limited but an ATG HW... Liston was pretty good, but had a weak resume... I don`t buy Jeffries and Dempsey and Bowe at all... Norton deserves all the credit in the world for his fights against Ali, but he had his stumbling-block (big punchers). If Wlad finishes his career strongly he can fill that spot (no wonder, yeah? )...
                      There's a certain "amnesia" in considering Rocky Marciano as a "great" In my opinion, he was one of the worst champions, made only 6 defences in 4 years, all well used over the hill fighters, who really had very little but their names left. I don't even consider the obvious Mafia influence.

The fights were generally good, being well matched, with their diminished skills, more or less reduced down to Marciano's low level. In their primes, none of them would lose to Marciano, he was just too unskilled. Liston, whom you feel had a weak resume, would have killed Marciano, look at Liston's 2 short brutal, brilliant fights against Cleveland Williams. Williams would have been charged with manslaughter, if he'd ever fought Marciano.

In my opinion, otherwise good, credible lists are made suspect by the inclusion of Rocky, (sometimes even as No. 1, or in the top 3, for heaven's sake).

My List is Louis, Johnson, Ali, Foreman, Holyfield, W. Klitschko, Lewis, Dempsey, Wills,
                      V.Klitschko.

Comment

Working...
                      X