No announcement yet.

Rating old heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    You and that ass clown friend of yours pull obscure articles from a century ago out of your ass and think it is gospel. I provided first hand accounts from Arcel and Stillman, what would both men have to gain by colluding and lying?

You dismissed actual quotes from interviews in favor of articles with no writing credit. How do you know a journalist was actually in the gym that day to witness anything firsthand? You don’t.

I wipe my ass with your news snippets and anonymous sources. I’ll trust the testimony of the fighters and trainers who knew him or fought him. Langford said Dempsey was the greatest fighter he had ever seen. Guess he was lying too, lol. You casuals are something else. You’ll do anything to try and discredit he man while being fans of lesser fighters.
    No one said they are lying. I said Mike Casey's article isn't worth a ****.

Give me the sources for the article and let me go to work. I'll prove it to you. Where the **** do you think Casey got the story?

Comment

You and that ass clown friend of yours pull obscure articles from a century ago out of your ass and think it is gospel. I provided first hand accounts from Arcel and Stillman, what would both men have to gain by colluding and lying?

You dismissed actual quotes from interviews in favor of articles with no writing credit. How do you know a journalist was actually in the gym that day to witness anything firsthand? You don’t.

I wipe my ass with your news snippets and anonymous sources. I’ll trust the testimony of the fighters and trainers who knew him or fought him. Langford said Dempsey was the greatest fighter he had ever seen. Guess he was lying too, lol. You casuals are something else. You’ll do anything to try and discredit he man while being fans of lesser fighters.
      Again, you are completely missing the point of what has been said here by Marchegiano and others.

Opinions from this boxer and that boxer is not what is relevant. The fact is that Jack Dempsey takes a hit because he refused to step up and fight. It's not even a hard concept to understand.

It's no surprise that you have to hang your hat on cherrypicked opinions. There are opinions that can be cherry picked that rank him below Marciano, below Johnson, below Wills, too. Blame Dempsey for refusing to get in the ring to show and prove.

The fact is, had he fought guys like Langford, Jeannette, Greb, and Wills and won, his detractors wouldn't have much to say, now would they?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        No one said they are lying. I said Mike Casey's article isn't worth a ****.

Give me the sources for the article and let me go to work. I'll prove it to you. Where the **** do you think Casey got the story?
        You didn’t even read the post. You dismissed it once you said Fleischer was involved. You and that clown Travesty called many of them liars. He called Joe Jeannette, Sam Langford, Sam McVea, Blackburn liars. You think you can prove a position by posting some obscure anonymous articles you pull from an archive while completely dismissing researched books by historians.

So now the list of liars according to you casuals includes Langford, Jeannette, McVea, Sharkey, Tunney, Schmeling, Arcel, Stillman, Casey, Fleischer, Dempsey, Rickard, Blackburn, among others. Anytime someone says something that doesn’t align with your bias they are called liars. Got it.

Comment

You didn’t even read the post. You dismissed it once you said Fleischer was involved. You and that clown Travesty called many of them liars. He called Joe Jeannette, Sam Langford, Sam McVea, Blackburn liars. You think you can prove a position by posting some obscure anonymous articles you pull from an archive while completely dismissing researched books by historians.

So now the list of liars according to you casuals includes Langford, Jeannette, McVea, Sharkey, Tunney, Schmeling, Arcel, Stillman, Casey, Fleischer, Dempsey, Rickard, Blackburn, among others. Anytime someone says something that doesn’t align with your bias they are called liars. Got it.
          Again, where, the ****, do you think the stories came from?

Comment

Again, where, the ****, do you think the stories came from?

So you are cherry picking the stories you want to believe and insist the rest were lying. Dismiss all of the books that include firsthand accounts, interviews and articles, and hinge your beliefs on articles from obscure newspapers and anonymous sources. Stop wasting my time unless your end game here is to get the last word.

Comment

Dude, you claimed Joe Jeannette's manager was a liar because according to you he DIDN'T want his fighter to fight for the championship

I bet you'd call Chairman Farley a liar too because he flat out stated Dempsey was ducking Wills.

You base your accusations on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Everything I state, I back up with proof. Like the PROOF that Jack Johnson signed and was willing to fight Joe Jeannette for the championship but had the fight pulled by the NY Commission. Therefore, if Joe Jeannette says Jack Johnson drew the color-line on him, he is obviously lying.

Still waiting for your proof that Joe Jeannette's manager was lying about that fight being for the championship

Comment

So you are cherry picking the stories you want to believe and insist the rest were lying. Dismiss all of the books that include firsthand accounts, interviews and articles, and hinge your beliefs on articles from obscure newspapers and anonymous sources. Stop wasting my time unless your end game here is to get the last word.
                This guy talks about anonymous sources, yet he pulls a quotation from Harry Wills from another boxing website by some guy named Dempsey who says he typed the quotation up himself....

then when he's confronted about it, he chooses not to reveal where he got it from.

Oh yea. I knew where you got it from, dumbass. I just never revealed to you that I knew where you got it from because I loved watching you squirm And as we both know, it was bullshlt.

Comment

Nope, I am asking for your source for your quotes.

Comment

Damn man, I had been shown sometime ago an article, modern article, about how NYSAC stopped the Wills fight, but, you've damn strong evidence against that narrative.

great post.
                    - -NYSAC underwent several itinerations in this primitive era sorta like shoe sizes of a growing boy.

When a big fight involving Dempsey came to fruition, it was always out of NY.

Duh!

Hutuÿg

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -NYSAC underwent several itinerations in this primitive era sorta like shoe sizes of a growing boy.

When a big fight involving Dempsey came to fruition, it was always out of NY.

Duh!

Hutuÿg
                      I even thought he was a New Yorker for a while when I was younger.

Comment

Working...
                      X