• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali vs. Brian London (1966)

Introduction and Fight

Post-fight Interviews

Ali was incredible in this fight. I think London only landed two punches

Comment

i met london a few months back he came to my gym,oh yeh dec,about them autographs,i havent been in the gym for aaaaages,i need to get off my lazy arse and go back but i have lost my motivation,should hopefully have it sorted for u when i do

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
        i met london a few months back he came to my gym,oh yeh dec,about them autographs,i havent been in the gym for aaaaages,i need to get off my lazy arse and go back but i have lost my motivation,should hopefully have it sorted for u when i do
        Thanks Azz. I appreciate it

Comment

- -Ali went on his Canada/England/Germany tour when promoters couldn't secure insurance for his domestic fights because of the NOI angle.

Eventually he moved to live in Houston where he fought Cleveland Williams and Ernie Terrell in the then new 8th Wonder of the World, The Astrodome.
          Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Ali went on his Canada/England/Germany tour when promoters couldn't secure insurance for his domestic fights because of the NOI angle.

Eventually he moved to live in Houston where he fought Cleveland Williams and Ernie Terrell in the then new 8th Wonder of the World, The Astrodome.
            So it was the NOI that caused Ali to not be able to fight? It wasn't the backlash from his historic stance on Vietnam and refusing to be drafted? Why was he allowed to fight in '66 in Houston than? NOI was still with him. Was their some kind of magic insurance that was secured or did things just die down a bit before he went to court?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So it was the NOI that caused Ali to not be able to fight? It wasn't the backlash from his historic stance on Vietnam and refusing to be drafted? Why was he allowed to fight in '66 in Houston than? NOI was still with him. Was their some kind of magic insurance that was secured or did things just die down a bit before he went to court?
              DING DING DING, tell him what he won...
              JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

-NOI was a north eastern religious sect. Texas ain't in the NE and law enforcement had shoot to kill orders for any miscreants.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

-NOI was a north eastern religious sect. Texas ain't in the NE and law enforcement had shoot to kill orders for any miscreants.
                  You said promoters couldn't secure insurance for a domestic fight. That includes the whole of the United States, why are you backtracking? Could the simple truth be as I've already posted and can confirm with many MANY links?

Comment

You said promoters couldn't secure insurance for a domestic fight. That includes the whole of the United States, why are you backtracking? Could the simple truth be as I've already posted and can confirm with many MANY links?
                    - -At the time he was overseas, that was the case as far as he knew. Need to pull U links out of U keister for a wiping, and no, the whole of the US is 50 separate state laws whereby Ali finds out if a Texas citizen he can stage fights there.

U even know the names of the 2 dozen 2nd grade teachers U had before graduating to 3rd grade?

Comment

Working...
                    X