By Ruslan Chikov
Trainer Emanuel Steward said he wasn't concerned with the switch in opponent for Wladimir Klitschko's next fight on September 11 in Frankfurt, Germany. The original opponent Alexander Povetkin was replaced by Sam Peter after a dispute over the contract terms between Povetkin's promoter Sauerland Event and Klitschko's company K2 Promotions.
Steward is already getting ready to start training camp. They won't change much for the switch between Povetkin and Peter. The fight with Peter is a rematch. Klitschko won the first meeting by way of a twelve round decision in 2005. Peter managed to knock Klitschko down three times in the contest. Steward will head to meet Klitschko for the start of their training camp on Tuesday.
"Wlaidmir is now in Hamburg. I'm flying to Europe, and we are going to the Austrian Alps. With Wladimir we speak by phone every day so we always know what's going on. We have 2-3 candidates [for sparring], but I'm not going to name their names. Soon you'll learn everything yourself. Previously, the selected opponents were studied by Wladimir, but in the last few years I've doing this myself. Again, it is my duty as the trainer," Steward told Bleek.
"We are not going to change anything in our preparation. We plan to stick to one system. By and large, Wladimir is still going to win. It's Samuel Peter who should be getting ready and be prepared for the fight."