Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrera Rips Andre Ward: Claims Delay in Sending Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know what money Barrera requested that Ward doesn't want him to "get rich"?

Anybody have the actual figures?

Barrera seems to claim he accepted low money, so what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      S.O.G. this is NOT a good look! Now if you can get Fonfara or Beterbiev instead, then...my bad!
      If he signed with Haymon or any promoters under that banner then he would have (and also would have even more fights that could be made) but he went with Roc Nation. Now he is going through the same thing he basically got out of.

Ward is a very good fighter, but right now he is not looking like a good businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Does anybody know what money Barrera requested that Ward doesn't want him to "get rich"?

Anybody have the actual figures?

Barrera seems to claim he accepted low money, so what was it?
        Rumour he turned down 300k? I'm not sure what the truth is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Rumour he turned down 300k? I'm not sure what the truth is though.

300K sounds like it is right in the ballpark, but i wouldn't flag somebody for trying to hold out for a bit more, especially if ward is getting his typical 2ish million.

i think paul smith got 225k pounds , which is probably around 350-400K. the cuban kid is a better fighter than smith at the end of his career, but smith could make the argument that he had challenged for world titles recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            I pretty sure the most comical part of these dalliances is the fact you are unaware of how easy it is to eighty-six you.
            Yeah..?!

"Eighty-six me" then Jedi

Progressive Jedi

You Star Wars groupie why don't you ever answer my question did you go see the movie you geek?

BWaHaahaHAHaahAhAhaahAHAHAHaahaHAHA!!

Comment

Who got Lou Cipher banned?!

That's fcked up that's my lil homie

Man ya'll can't hold Cipher responsible for some of the crazy shi t he be saying

Cipher don't know any better lmaO leave him be!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                300K sounds like it is right in the ballpark, but i wouldn't flag somebody for trying to hold out for a bit more, especially if ward is getting his typical 2ish million.

i think paul smith got 225k pounds , which is probably around 350-400K. the cuban kid is a better fighter than smith at the end of his career, but smith could make the argument that he had challenged for world titles recently.
                Since I doubt we will hear anything from Ward about it, it's up to Barrera's team to say what they actually accepted. Barrera makes it sound like he agreed with a lower offer from Ward's team.

It almost seems that Ward is implying he'd have to take less than his minimum to make the fight.

Makes you wonder what the actual budget for this fight is.
                I am sure HBO wasn't throwing out big bucks for it.

The thing that bothers me about NSB sometimes is that some people think money just grows on trees and they can offer whatever the hell they want to make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  Since I doubt we will hear anything from Ward about it, it's up to Barrera's team to say what they actually accepted. Barrera makes it sound like he agreed with a lower offer from Ward's team.

It almost seems that Ward is implying he'd have to take less than his minimum to make the fight.

Makes you wonder what the actual budget for this fight is.
                  I am sure HBO wasn't throwing out big bucks for it.

The thing that bothers me about NSB sometimes is that some people think money just grows on trees and they can offer whatever the hell they want to make fights.
                  So true......

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    Jesus, Ward is really trying to look as bad as he can. This guy wants to be seen as the best, P4P King, but he is literally not fighting. Pay this guy a decent wage, and fight.

If he doesn't get this fight and opts for an Unranked fighter from SMW, it's clear that he has lost something.

And his style waś predicated on crossing up the other fighter with dirty tricks, clinching, and causing concern by winging his head around. Even against Smith, when Ward got tagged, he'd bend over and come forward with his head low, knowing it causes the fighters concern.

Holding opponents arms and crap, wtf. And a weak ass chopping right hand.

It's starting to become clear to me Ward has limitations that he isn't sure he can overcome.

You mean, that Ward is likely the most well-rounded fighter in the game today, and he knows every trick in the book and then some?

Is that what you mean ?

I smell the fear.

You be scurred

Chill tulip, lil'G is safe down there at middleweight with the other lil kids

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                      coWARD is now ducking the guy he ducked GGG and Kovalev to fight. Oh wait, it's racist to say that. What I meant to say is Andre Ward is so black I mean great that he should just be declared the victor over all non-black fighters without facing them.
                      bout time this clown got banned

Comment

Working...
                      X