Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In honor of Floyds retirement: list his best ring moments!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    pretty boy floyd >>>>> money may
    Oh yeah No doubt.

I always preferred the name PrettyBoy Floyd too.

Comment

This is easy,

One of my favorite Floyd moments is him getting rocked and hurt by Shane only to literally come out the corner running right at him and walking him down the whole round.

TBE :burner:

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        Recently I think it's because of age and wear and tear. Prior to that I noticed he was a lot more defensive under his father than he was with Roger.
        He's always been defensively sound or had a great defense it's just he wasn't known for it like he has been the last 5-6 years.

Even when he came back in 09 he's been a lot more defensive that whole time.

Career wise, I'd say since Baldomir. That's the first fight I saw him use his more "modern Mayweather" selective style.

But Pretty Boy Floyd was truley dead after Hatton. No coming back after that. That's probably his last great offensive performance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          Recovered from shane bomb..
          Ortiz sucker punch..the whole Gatti fight...
          Hatton turnbuckle.. recovered from low blow and hit to back of head by Judah...

Most of what defines him and sets him apart is his recuperative powers, defensive mastery..and sneaky shots.

Remember that time he landed 3 straight rights in a row?

Comment

The Jesus Chavez fight I'd say. That was a bad ass fight.

Comment

I think this video captures Floyd's best moments from his Pretty Boy days

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                He traded blow for blow with a lot of fighters. Emmanuel augustus, castillo, Jesus chavez, genero hernandez. He's had some very entertaining fights I've seen em all. But most around here haven't.
                LOOOL, trading blow for blow with Ausgustus is a great boxing moment? I know you're a May fan, so why bring him down like that?

btw, me saying Mayweather traded blow for blow is not endorsing this idea that somehow Mayweather was an offensive fighter below 135 or 130.

Comment

Working...
                X