No announcement yet.

Sandy Saddler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    .Ray Leonard beat about 4 HOF off the top of my head, the same as Saddler, I know Leonards were better but, say the weren't. He shouldn't get extra credit for those wins just because he didn't have as many other fights. If you understand what I'm saying.
    I think he should get more credit for having such less fights yet better opposition. But that's just me.

.I know it might not have been the best example but, people forget Slapsie lost a lot to his HOF competition.

I got 7 HOF's beaten for Slapsie after a bit of research I just did, please correct me if I am wrong.

If you count the amount of HOF beaten then you also have to take into account the loses. I ended up with a final tally of 16-14-4 for Maxies HOF record and Sandy;s 5-2-1. Yes he has 15 wins against HOF opposition(which is great I'm not saying) but, he has 14 losses whereas Saddlers record is better.
    I don't take much stock into loss's really, personally.

I just look at who they beat.

And by HOF opposition being int he double figures, that include multiple wins over 1 HOF'er.

The fact he has 16 wins over HOF'ers (I actually thought it was 11) just speaks for itself in my book.

At th end of the day I guess it comes down to a little bit of preferance and a just how you personally rank things.

.Sorry if this sounds weird and I'm coming across as picky, this debate has been good for me as I've got quite a bit of knowledge from the research

You're not.

Discussion is what this site is for.

Comment

I personally think they are quite close in terms of ranking but, I don't know how good Saddlers contender comp is in relation to Rosenblooms which is at a staggering number. He beat twice the ranked opponents as Ray Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        LOL @ your circle jerk with that blatantly racist troll
        If he is racist, it means nothing about my comments. My comments were right on spot. And ignorant haters who only want to hear their version of the story will never get that and I don't expect you to get it. So I call Saddler a dirty fighter and say he fouled Pep-I get called a racist. Thats a pretty game.

I spose if I had called Fritzie Zivic dirty you'd all jump to support me and then say he wasn't worth anything as a fighter really, despite the fact that he beat Henry Armstrong twice. Isnt that so? I bet you'd all say he fouled Armstrong to victory twice. And even worse of it all is the fact that at least half of you are probably white. Self-hating whites, thats so typical for America. Well, none of MY forefathers owned slaves or whipped them, so my conscience is clear on this subject. I say whatever I goddamn want about any fighter regardless of his race. Capisce?
        Last edited by Pastrano; 09-08-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I personally think they are quite close in terms of ranking but, I don't know how good Saddlers contender comp is in relation to Rosenblooms which is at a staggering number. He beat twice the ranked opponents as Ray Robinson.
          I don't think they are at all.

Saddlers contender competition, although vast, isn't all that great.

I also have to call you out for an earlier post.

I know it might not have been the best example but, people forget Slapsie lost a lot to his HOF competition.

I got 7 HOF's beaten for Slapsie after a bit of research I just did, please correct me if I am wrong.

If you count the amount of HOF beaten then you also have to take into account the loses. I ended up with a final tally of 16-14-4 for Maxies HOF record and Sandy;s 5-2-1. Yes he has 15 wins against HOF opposition(which is great I'm not saying) but, he has 14 losses whereas Saddlers record is better.
          Now, you're a big fan of Duran, right?

And you rank Duran much higher than Sandy Saddler.

A Top 10 ATG isn't it?

Well, what about Durans HOF record?

If I remember correctly it's 6-6.

So for the same thing you are saying Maxie has to be ranked lower for, does the same apply for Duran?

I have a strange feeling, that it doesn't.

For me, this is why I don't rank fighters that way.

The fact Duran beat who he did should stand alone, regarldess to the fact that he actually lost to as many HOF'ers as he did beat HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
            If he is racist, it means nothing about my comments. My comments were right on spot. And ignorant haters who only want to hear their version of the story will never get that and I don't expect you to get it. So I call Saddler a dirty fighter and say he fouled Pep-I get called a racist. Thats a pretty game.

I spose if I had called Fritzie Zivic dirty you'd all jump to support me and then say he wasn't worth anything as a fighter really, despite the fact that he beat Henry Armstrong twice. Isnt that so? I bet you'd all say he fouled Armstrong to victory twice. And even worse of it all is the fact that at least half of you are probably white. Self-hating whites, thats so typical for America. Well, none of MY forefathers owned slaves or whipped them, so my conscience is clear on this subject. I say whatever I goddamn want about any fighter regardless of his race. Capisce?

You're a racist ****. And your rationalization only makes you look dumber than you are. If that's possible.This post is dripping with so much ignorance that it's funny. You should stick to NSB where your racist rants are the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Pastrano's happy because he found somebody here equally as racist as he is . Birds of a feather.........

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
              If he is racist
              The fact your not even sure despite that basketball comment says a lot about you.

, it means nothing about my comments. My comments were right on spot. And ignorant haters who only want to hear their version of the story will never get that and I don't expect you to get it. So I call Saddler a dirty fighter and say he fouled Pep-I get called a racist. Thats a pretty game.
              This instance wouldn't really be suspect without your prior history of being a racist moron. If you knew anything you know that the fouling in their fights certainly wasn't one way.

And even worse of it all is the fact that at least half of you are probably white.
              State who your speaking about or stfu. I'm not white and neither is Joseph, but thats besides the point since their is nothing wrong with a white person calling you out on your racist bull****.

Self-hating whites, thats so typical for America.
              LOL who are you even talking about? If your talking about me, you are obviously to dumb too work out I'm not American am I white.

Well, none of MY forefathers owned slaves or whipped them, so my conscience is clear on this subject.
              Irrelevant ramblings, just exposing yourself further.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post

The fact your not even sure despite that basketball comment says a lot about you.

This instance wouldn't really be suspect without your prior history of being a racist moron. If you knew anything you know that the fouling in their fights certainly wasn't one way.

State who your speaking about or stfu. I'm not white and neither is Joseph, but thats besides the point since their is nothing wrong with a white person calling you out on your racist bull****.

LOL who are you even talking about? If your talking about me, you are obviously to dumb too work out I'm not American am I white.

Irrelevant ramblings, just exposing yourself further.
                A-HA! Now its all clear to me...I had a hunch that neither of u were white. I mean, to take offense for something like I said and call me a racist, a white person would have no reason to do it, unless it was a very radical selfhating person. Thats the truth, the UGLY truth my friend! Can't ignore it.

Comment

Few can touch Maxie...forget be in contention...

He fought 82 different boxers a total of 171 times, that were rated in the Top 10 at one time or another. No one matches that...and considering the guys who he beat, I think he definitely has a superior resume to Saddler...

By the way , I am it seems now posting about his career in most threads...I remember giving a lot of names in other threads as also some stats...Don't take me to be a Maxie nut hugger

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
                    Few can touch Maxie...forget be in contention...

He fought 82 different boxers a total of 171 times, that were rated in the Top 10 at one time or another. No one matches that...and considering the guys who he beat, I think he definitely has a superior resume to Saddler...

By the way , I am it seems now posting about his career in most threads...I remember giving a lot of names in other threads as also some stats...Don't take me to be a Maxie nut hugger
                    Here are again some who he beat (Of the top of my head):-
                    1)Lou Scozza
                    2)Jamaica Kid
                    3)Tiger Flowers *
                    4)Leo Lomski
                    5)Jack McVey
                    6)Pete Latzo
                    7)Jim Braddock
                    8)John Henry Lewis
                    9) Tiger Jack Fox
                    10)Micky Walker
                    11)Chuck Burns
                    12)Tony Shucco
                    13)Jimmy Slattery
                    14)Al Ettore
                    15) Lou Nova
                    16) Lee Ramage
                    17)Al Gainer
                    18)Ted Kid Lewis

Fought a ND with Harry Greb...though to the best of my knowledge Greb was the better man and hurt Maxie early even dropping him. Maxie was stopped only twice in over 250 fights, once by a foul and once by a heavy when he was going down.

According to the Ring, he did not train much.
                    Last edited by Greatest1942; 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FenechJeff
                      Youre absolutely right, mate. I see that type coming from a mile away here. Keep up the good fight. We'll keep watching the real fighters while they enjoy their fluff without substance. Maybe its too much basketball in their brains. Pep had Ace ability far superior to Saddler. No question. It doesn't take a master mind to know this
                      You should meet Obama, or the guy who calls himself that. He's the main mod at the other forum I visit. He thinks Fenech shouldn't be in the hall of fame. But he's black and from Philadelphia.

Comment

Working...
                      X