No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya is pretty damn underrated now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post
    He also gave Floyd a relatively tough fight. A prime Floyd. While he was past prime.
    He had a 20 lb advantage, glove size, ring size in his favor and still lost 8 or 9 rounds

Comment

• For me, I've never witnessed a fighter that shined the way he did in the ring.

I can't even explain it, but you watched him, you knew god damn well, you were watching a superstar.

He didn't need to do anything to sell fights, no gimmicks needed, he just had it. Oscar with today's ppv marketing budgets, I can't even imagine the # s he Would pull.

The Golden Boy truly was then perfect name for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        For me, I've never witnessed a fighter that shined the way he did in the ring.

I can't even explain it, but you watched him, you knew god damn well, you were watching a superstar.

He didn't need to do anything to sell fights, no gimmicks needed, he just had it. Oscar with today's ppv marketing budgets, I can't even imagine the # s he Would pull.

He didn't always shine. If he did things in the ring that you haven't seen before that only means you haven't seen much.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          He didn't always shine. If he did things in the ring that you haven't seen before that only means you haven't seen much.
          I didn't say he was always perfect in the ring, just that he had a certain star quality to him that no one else, IMO has or had.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            For me, I've never witnessed a fighter that shined the way he did in the ring.

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            I didn't say he was always perfect in the ring, just that he had a certain star quality to him that no one else, IMO has or had.
            I think Ali, Leonard and Tyson out do him in that department.

I understand what you're trying to say he did have that "something" about him when he was in the ring and Oscar was certainly a superstar but I think those three had more of that "It" factor. Maybe Chavez also.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I think Ali, Leonard and Tyson out do him in that department.

I understand what you're trying to say he did have that "something" about him when he was in the ring and Oscar was certainly a superstar but I think those three had more of that "It" factor. Maybe Chavez also.
              Yep all of them had that quality about them.

Another fighter I thought may of had it, believe it or not, Edwin Valero. To bad well never Know, but there def was something different about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Huh? Mosley was 6-1 in his last 7 fights before Floyd, including what is one of the best wins of his career going into the Floyd fight.

He'd come off wins over Estrada, Jose Luis Cruz, Vargas x2, Collazo, Mayorga and Margarito. The lone loss being to Cotto of course before Mayorga and Marg.
                Yet you failed to realize that Mosley's last win against Margarito was almost 1 1/2 year before the Floyd fight. Talk about ring rust.

Comment

Working...
                X